Beaumont Healthcare

Beaumont Healthcare Employee Reviews

The company's training was ok. It wasn't anything that you wouldn't expect, for someone who has never done care the training could be a bit more in-depth. The pay was again, ok. It was only the mileage that boosted up the monthly wage, but the monthly wage was sometimes wrong or late. This was not beneficial for those who had to pay bills at certain times. You're given a schedule every month, but never think that this is what you'll be doing because they can call you on the day of your shift and change it completely. There was hardly anyone in the office that was approachable. Only like 2 people. If you refused any overtime then they would get annoyed at you. The communication was not very good. If you wanted to change your contract hours then this was very simple and easy to do. Sometimes it took a while for it to be confirmed but they did try their hardest to accommodate people's needs. Overall this company is okay. But it's the care industry, the staff are overworked and underpaid in pretty much any job in care.
Pros
Easy contract hour change
Cons
unapproachable staff, training needs to be more in depth
20 July 2020
Hello, thank you for your feed back, it is always beneficial to get honest feedback. We can now look into all the comments you have made. As you point out the care industry is very hard, we are continuously lobbing for a higher rate of pay for our carers both to the councils and government.
Sometimes payment not correct and you have to prove it, if don't accept schedule with overlaps and no travel time they will threaten you taking off the shift payed and just will pay the time of calls. You will be stressed and anxious all time because you are always rushing with that vulnerable persons so at the end, poor healthcare service delivered. If something goes wrong they will blame you, you will be a number on this company. Sometimes you have 12 calls on your shift and other colleges working near by your round just have 6. Promises to improve your qualifications -NVQ- never will happen.
Pros
If you work 6 or 7 days 2 shifts per day, you get good wages
Cons
You will loose your health
I have worked for Beaumont for over a year now and I couldn't be happier in the job. I have had a great experience with all the staff: carers and office staff. I have a fair schedule which gives me time for my social life. During my pregnancy they have respected my time off due to sickness and appointments and always made me feel comfortable throughout. Occasionally the shifts are jam packed without travel time but you can always manage it. I love working for beaumont and will continue to do so for the future!
Pros
Great staff, lovely service users, flexible hours.
Cons
Can be busy shifts, not paid for travel time
From the start of applying to getting the job with Beaumont they had always been brilliant & very well organised. All staff are friendly, supportive management, always opportunities for overtime & flexible working!
They tell you your contract is 37 hours and then force you to work 5 days a week from 7h to 22h saying that otherwise they have to reduce your contracted hours. This os because they only pay for the time that you are supposed to be attending a call. They will give you 6hrs full of 30 min calls. No travel time or payment for travek time. You are out of your house working a 14hr shift and if you want to get paid for 12hrs you will have to do 24 x 30min calls... again... no time to trael...But this doesn't work for everybody the same way. Always two sides of everything. Only friends or people that managers hang out wirh have a chance in this company. Otherwise you will never progress. They just give you basic training and nothing else. They keep ringing you everyday to ask you to work.. there are no days off as your phone will ring before 7h on your day off. They will beg and beg for you to work and if you say no the next week's schedule will be worse. They keep changing your rota and your double up. They will send you to new clients without even having an assessment ou support plan. They dont really care about you. You are not entitled to have holidays at Christmas if you are not Philippine. If you are, you can have full month of December off.
Pros
If you work 70hrs a week you get good money
Cons
Everything else
7 May 2019
The above comment is very misleading. We are a very understanding company with a good listening ear. A lot of our carers do work long hours, but this is because they choose to. We carry out regular supervisions with all our staff as well as regular staff meetings for staff to express their views.This position is very flexible and can fit in with you, if we all work together.Please call our HR dept for further information.
I joined the office team a year ago, I cannot fault my colleagues or managers at all, shortly after joining I became seriously ill. HR, managers and everyone else has been so supportive during my time off and on my return. It is such a friendly place to work.
Pros
Flexible working conditions
Cons
Unsociable hours
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Beaumont Healthcare. Friendly and helpful staff and a good team to work alongside. Flexible shift patterns.
I have worked here for nearly twelve years and feel this is very good company to work for, The staff are very friendly and supportive. There are lots of shifts available, should you want extra hours, but we are not pressured to take them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Open 365 days a year due to the nature of the Care Industry
I enjoy working for Beaumont Healthcare, they offer great flexibility and genuinely care for their carers and service users. Plenty of shifts for me to pick up as and when wanted. Beaumont always make me feel at ease and whenever I have an issue I feel it will be resolved quickly and sufficiently.
Great company to work for, very friendly office to work in. Management very helpful and will allow me to change certain shifts if needed due to child care. Lots of new knowledge gained regarding the Caring Industry.
Pros
lovely atmosphere, close to home
Really good company to work for, everyone is kind, helpful and caring. The staff at Beaumont will always go above and beyond to help in any way they can to ensure you are happy in your job role.
I have worked for Beaumont Healthcare for 18 years. It is a very supportive and flexible company to work for. There are lots of opportunities with training and working your way up to a higher level.
Pros
flexible working hours to suit me
You can pick up extra shifts should you want to, there are plenty of people in the office so you feel like any concerns you may have are dealt with. Beaumont Healthcare ensure they are up to date with regulations, making them a secure company to work for.
Pros
Culture is lovely
Beaumont Healthcare care about their workers and are dedicated to ensuring that the staff feel valued. Lovely office culture, whenever you go in the office you feel like you are listened to.
Pros
Culture is lovely
Management are nice and polite, they will support you when required however the only down side to working as a 'call' support worker is the hours. We are not paid for travel time between appointments meaning the £9.20 hourly rate advertised actually translates to minimum wage. ie 66 hours worked a week including travel time however are only paid for 47.
22 January 2019
Our hours are always very flexible and if you are experiencing problems with your working hours please contact the HR department who will be happy to help you.We value your opinions and would like to help where we can.
Thorughly enjoyed working with this company, Communication and additonal hours as and when required.
Cons
Having to work out of my postal town.
All training about caring people, work in community, assisting older people in their needs. The hardest part of the work is travelling all day in the car for everywhere in bad conditions sometimes.
Pros
The service users simpathy
Cons
Non-organisation of the company