Beaverbrook

Insights into Beaverbrook

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness

Very social !

Amazing location to work in with equally amazing people. A place full of likeminded people who want to offer the best service possible. The Garden House has been nothing but welcoming since the day I joined and there is always opportunities for staff to go the extra mile and be rewarded for it. Incredibly social atmosphere and great fun both in and out of work!

Pros

Free breakfast/dinner, amazing team, tips

Cons

Last minute rotas

Second to none

Since starting work again post Furlough, Beaverbrook has expanded my insight and knowledge into the world of Hospitality, challenging me everyday to become a better individual. This beautiful gem in the heart of Surrey gives you an opportunity to voice your opinion to help create a better working environment and company for yourself and your colleagues. It's a fast paced, fun and fantastic place to work.

Pros

Great staff

A team of outstanding professionals

As an employee entering the gates of Beaverbrook means to me entering a supportive, wholesome, friendly and motivating environment. I am surrounded by hardworking professionals who team up together to overcome any obstacles. Everyday I have the pleasure of meeting another employee who motivates me to keep going. Hospitality is a crazy career, you never know how the day is going to unfold, what makes this industry bearable is your team and that’s what Beaverbrook offers. I have experienced working in various departments around the estate and have had the opportunity to grow in each. If you are an individual willing to work hard, you will be rewarded. I truly believe in Beaverbrook, the opportunities available, and the ethos we as a team are building.

Pros

Staff, History, Natural Beauty.

Fast paced, friendly workplace

Having recently joined the Beaverbrook team I am lucky to be part of a team that cares just as much about their staff as they do their guests. I’ve really noticed the effort and care that is put into staff wellbeing and the work done to continually improve the workplace environment. Each team (within the property) are friendly and welcoming and all willing to help you learn as much as you can. Guidance and support is given by management and it’s been really encouraging to received positive feedback from the whole team when deserved. Coming to work every day in a beautiful location in the countryside is an added bonus. As a fast-paced workplace with lots of room for creativity and development, I would highly recommend Beaverbrook as a truly unique, great place to work.

Pros

Employee development and training, employee reward scheme, fun friendly team.

Caring, united team. Company that offers opportunities

Beaverbrook is a gem of a brand - abundance of opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals. Generous, supportive, empowering and fun! A dynamic environment for for those who believe they can make a difference. Best way is to visit and see the team in action

Pros

Free lunch, parking, development

Cons

Location can be both

Excellent work environement

Beaverbrook is on the move! There is a great team spirit and team is treated respectfully. It's a busy but fun work environment where you feel part of something bigger.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Employee benefits could be better

Great place to work!

Beautiful place to work. Gorgeous scenery, lovely staff and a workload that keeps you challenged, interested and on your toes. There is never a dull moment!

Very bad job culture

The senior staff is pretty rude. If they don't like you they just ignore you and instead of helping you improve and will talk behind your back how bad and messed up you are.

Working at Beaverbrook is a breath of fresh air! Amazing grounds, friendly team and amazing guests.I have had the opportunity to learn and grow in my role since joining post lockdown.

Pros

Parking

Your probably get forced to leave

I have never worked at a place so badly run like beaverbrook, if you are not liked you are out.Management ask current staff to write the good reviews to try and push down the bad ones which are truthful. Experience it for yourself and find out if you want to work here. All you have to see is how many vacancies are constantly on the website to know it’s not a company that look after there staff.

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

No benefits, long hours

Exciting, fast-paced and rewarding!

Beaverbrook is a very exciting, fast-paced and beautiful place to work. There are very high standards in place and excellence is demanded from all of its employees, no matter your role or department. When I started with the company, I had a two week orientation which allowed me to spend time with every department (as my role is quite diverse) which was invaluable. I'm settled in the role now but I'm still learning new things every day, and have had the opportunity to progress and learn new skills too. I've been recognised for the hard work I've done through a company recognition scheme, and feel valued for what I do. Everyone I've met since starting here has been supportive and welcoming, and I'm proud to be a part of the Beaverbrook team!

Stunning Location, Busy Working Environment, Experienced & Approachable Team

I recently joined the Golf Team in March 2021 and so far, I am thoroughly enjoying my experience. The stunning views of the Surrey Hills are second to none, which makes me appreciate everyday how lucky I am to work at such a special place. All members of staff in each department gave me a warm reception, made me feel welcomed and are very approachable. During my induction, the Head Professional kindly gave my parents and I a wonderful tour around the whole estate. Communication with HR/Managers has been clear, prompt and transparent, with HR being very helpful passing on guidance when researching accommodation. Overall, having come from another Top UK Golf Club, my expectations have been exceeded and I would highly recommend working at Beaverbrook Golf Club.

Pros

Experienced Members of Staff

Cons

Long Hours

Progression and change

If you are committed there is plenty of opportunity for progression within your department and through others, lots of help available and support - study agreements in place to help personal development when necessary. Lovely estate to work on, with good relationships between teams and communication being key.

Pros

Flexibility

Beautiful, Busy and Rewarding

This place has high standards and you need to work hard but it's very special to be part of such a beautiful business.The team works well together and the managers are approachable.I'm learning so much!

Pros

Teammates

I learnt lots and is a good place to work

Very scenic workplace helps to relax on your breaks. Work can be stressful as you need to meet the demands of the business. Overall was a great place to work but my favourite part was the food, such nice food on your breaks. Lovely chefs too

Pros

Great food on your break

Cons

Long days, can be stressful

Utter misery.

If you're happy to spend your whole life at work, get treated badly and want to rake bunkers all day every day then Beaverbrook is the place for you! Worst greenkeeping job ever, trust me.

Pros

Better than being homeless, maybe..

Cons

Long hours, repetitive work, dreadful management.

Best place to work

I confirm that beaverbrook is the best place to join with.Great athmosphere, friendly colleague and good management.I have been working here for a long time and i'm really satisfied.

Pros

Good organization and management

Cons

If you respect yourself, stay away from this place

Hospitality isn't the easiest industry to work for, and I cannot say how it was/is with other departments, but the one I worked for was far, far away from 5 stars. Avoid at ALL COSTS! Privileged management spends most of their time sitting in the office drinking coffee and eating snacks, expecting you to do all the hard work, without taking care if you have the right equipment or training, but in the end they're the one to take the credit for any success. They have passive-aggressive and self-righteous attitude that puts the most self-motivated person in doubts, dividing the team instead of bringing everyone together. Commenting about workers appearance in a very disrespectful manner, biased, opinionated, self-centred, malicious, racist at times... And the list goes on. The only way for you to be treated right is when they need you to do the hard work (because there is never enough people, as many leaves in first 4 weeks and the place is constantly understaffed) but if you need something from them... then 9/10 don't even bother to ask. No real reward system for exceptional service and above and beyond work; you can work yourself to the bone, but in the end the monthly award goes to someone, who just doesn't deserve it at all and just because the management is found of them, so they make sure that certain person wins. No real benefits.The whole workplace itself is disorganised and chaotic, lacking professional approach, a management that takes care of all their employees, not just the privileged ones. There is no team work but a constant rat race - where you need to make sure -

Cons

Terrible, do not work here

You will be treated poorly, unfairly and overworked, they also refused to rightfully give my deposit for my staff accommodation back and I’m still in dispute with them about this! Honestly guys avoid this place at all costs as it’s really not what it appears to be !

Strict but fair

When I worked at beverbrook it had just opened so we had a lot of trial events and training. Everything we did was a learning experience and for the most part it was a really rewarding place to work, as staff we benefitted from one day of site closure a week and so a guaranteed day off we could make plans on, but there was a lot of staffing changes with regards to management. I think I had three in the year I worked there and they all had different ideas and ways of working which could make things testing as staff sometimes. But with the expansion things settled down.

Kitchen

I was working with experienced senior chefs well as FOH. Great learning opportunities well as teaching junior member of the kitchen. Overall great workplace culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaverbrook. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Beaverbrook with