Bedspace Resource Ltd

Bedspace Resource Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews

Strange

Although the senior management seem to be quite professional and seem to have the right intention but I feel they unsure of the ground reality is. Lower management and support works are highly unprofessional. There is a lot of swearing in the office and a very rude and offensive culture. The support workers and lower management definitely lack some work ethics and basic manners. I didn't stay there very long but I was shocked with what I saw.

Pros

The flexibility.

Cons

Unproffesionalism of support workers and lower managment and the pay.

Amazing Place to Work

I have worked at BedSpace for a period of 18 months. Within this time I have been given excellent support form the management team.The team I work with are helpful, supportive and we are all focused on positive outcomes for young people.The young people I work with are well matched - we have a ASDAN programme which is focused on young people gaining independence skills.I have been promoted from support worker to team leader on the time I have been with BedSpace. Company growth and professional development is available for those we want it.The work is fast paced and for those who expect to do nothing this is definitely not for you.

Pros

Supportive Staff Team. Well Matched Young People.

A really supportive environment

Supporting vulnerable people is truely at the heart of Bedspace. It has a good ethos that aligns with my own ethics. Since university I honestly felt it was the first job where I truely got to put my skills into practice and make a difference in people's lives. I appreciate that Management and Directors truely believe in promoting and investigating in staff within the company! It's amazing to see how many Managers started as Support Staff and therefore understand the role so well.

Pros

A good work life balance

Great Teams

Although we work in a fast pace environment. support vulnerable young people and making a difference to their lives is paramount. Working a shift pattern is ace as this allow us time off during the week and weekends. I have worked across most homes in Yorkshire and found management always communicate well with staff and have been helpful if staff require support in the evenings. Overall i would say Bedspace is a good company to work for and once you become perm you get a variety of benefits.

One of the worst companies I ever worked

The worst company to work, avoid in any cost.Unfortunately just like many other companies they have favoritism, people that they like they let let get away with many things, it is not promising future career place basically when you work there you're just a number you not being valued as a person for them the only important thing is have fun at work and enjoy that's not being professional, "ignoring the problems, having you laptop on your desk doesn't make you professional I'm afraid.

21 September 2021
I am disappointed to read this review and concerned about the comments made - certainly does not reflect who Bedspace are and our values. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss, Sue Kaveney, Director of HR & Charities - my email is sue.kaveney@bedspace.co.uk

Friendly workplace flexible

Flexible working hours with a great team of staff who are always willing to help one another. I enjoy being able to complete my own rotas and the flexibility that comes with this. I spend most of my time lone working which I enjoy however colleagues are always available on the phone to support and give one another advice. Some days can be fast paced and hectic but management are approachable and supportive.

Great place to work!

I have worked in this kind of industry for over 15 years and I can honestly say this is the best place I have ever worked! The support and validation is unreal! Your skill sets are used and utilised! You are able to tailor your support to match the kids needs which trust me you can’t do in a lot of places! The pay isn’t too bad at all and there are incriminates. The mileage is very good and you have use of pool cars, the kids are brilliant and you are supported and put on any training you feel you need! I am happy to say I have no thoughts of other employment I am here to stay! Finally a job I absolutely love!!!!

Pros

Literally everything about the job

Cons

Great organisation to work for highly reccomended!

I have worked here for nearly three years now and i have been supported and helped by all staff memebers and mangament, in particular the manager in Preston who is very supportive and helpful and guides and encourages staff with work and any other issues that arise.Flexible hours, pool cars, additional work benefits once you are permamnent, star award schems and prizes given out to staff to show there appreciation for there hard work. Highly reccomended briliant organisation to work for, progression is encouraged too.

Pros

Flexible working, supported manager, good team work

Empty promises

Didn’t receive anything that was promised, van tools etc.Job advertised as the company, then referred to agency for 12 weeks which then take a cut from your pay. Wouldn’t recommend working here although SOME staff are lovely

Cons

Travel in own car

21 September 2021
I am disappointed to read this - we do offer all staff an exit interview but if you want to contact me directly then I would be happy to discuss, Sue Kaveney, Director HR & Charities

Do not work here. Bad experience

My advice seek employment elsewhere High turnover of staff should tell you everything I was not the first to leave the company under some difficult circumstances

Pros

Nice kids

Cons

Not paid for travel. Not supported

Great company lots of progression

Rota pattern is great . I work 9 x 24 hour shifts per month ( which include 8 hours sleep rate per shift) and take home an excellent wage. Overtime if wanted but no pressure to complete. Lone working makes it possible to manage each shift. Young people are great and Bedspace as a company is great with support and an inclusive approach.

Pros

Shift pattern, wage, company support, young people

Fast-paced but a fun environment to work in

I have worked for Bedspace Resource Ltd for 7 months now and although the work is fast-paced and at times it can be stressful, the staff and management are absolutely amazing. The support workers are so helpful and we do have a laugh in the office at times. I would recommend anyone looking for a rewarding job, to apply here. The salary is great along with your holiday entitlement and you also get a day off for your birthday.

21 September 2021
Thank you - this is great to hear! We really do want Bedspace to be a great place to work so your experiences are good - we are glad to have you on the team! Sue Kaveney, Director of HR & Charities

Thoroughly enjoy my job

Began working for bedspace Manchester in December 2019 After a couple of days shadowing I was given my first case load. (Can have more if needed) I like that I’m able to choose my own rota and enjoy the freedom of driving to and from flats/houses and visiting my service users. The job is about teaching service users to live independently and helping them settle in to their new flats as some are beginning life living on their own for the first time. Taking to appointments, shopping, ensuring flats are in good condition and helping with their needs are just some of the things you are expected to do in your daily role. The atmosphere in the office is great, everyone gets on and helps each other. Manager and team leader are great also and very helpful. A nice place to work.

Pros

Choose your own rota, laid back, great team, great manager/team leader, 45p a mile

Cons

Only 20 hour contract, not much training, Little unorganised.

Highly Recommend

I have worked at the company for 5 months now and must say it is one of the best companies I have worked for. Staff are friendly, management are easily approached and are very supportive. Some days can be hectic and fast paced but the job is rewarding and very relaxed.

Pros

Birthday leave, flexible, supportive management

No communication from Management

I found working for bedspace was ok. I enjoyed the services users and the job but I had a bad review about the management team. the lack of communication was poor and the key worker gets penalized for it in the end. I felt used and unsupported with the time i spent at bed space.

Service users come first

I have never worked for a company that puts the service users first, before profit and they go the extra mile to help and support the service user above and beyond . Bedspace is a very younique company and business to work for . The company look after all their work force and the Directors are very much part of the business and are extremely approachable. Managers are also very approachable and is a breath of fresh air . If you truly want to make a difference then i would recommend Bedspace.

Loved my time at Bedspace

Whilst it was hard work at times it was extremely rewarding. I learnt a lot and worked with some great people. It was definitely challenging dealing with prople with lots of different support needs but the company was really helpful in training me to handle those different situations.

Rewarding role and supportive company

I've worked for the company for 10 months and love working here. There is a lot of freedom with the role and I have a great management team to support when needed. It's a company that really cares about the people they support and its employees. It is fast paced which can be challenging but it is rewarding and you learn something new everyday.

Pros

25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, day off on your birthday, amazing team, flexibility

disgraceful management in leeds

Absolutely shocking and unprofessional attitude and management by Leeds management staff. No courtesy towards staff at all. Management clearly do not care about stuff. Such a shame to be honest.

Pros

young people are extremely polite and fun to work with

Business in a whole

Top level management superb people friendly and down to with staff. Middle level managers need to be more on a par with workers and not put them side when matters happen. HR very professional and help and advise staff 100% best in the business.

The worst company I have ever worked for

I felt like I was bullied by management who had no idea how to manage Not enough emphasis on the young people it’s just about the money Quick turn over of staff no consistency for the young people A company that is out of its depth since going cooperate No training loan working with no support from management Terrible place to work it made me ill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bedspace Resource Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement