Beefeater
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Beefeater Employee Reviews

United Kingdom237 reviews

whitbreadunsociablerestaurantbarlovelykitchenwaitressstaff

Amazing staff but just bad job sector

The company is fine and I don’t have any major complaints about them the pay could be more and breaks should be allowed to be taken. My main complaints are more with the hospitality sector in general.

Best team, motivated and fun to be around.

At this job there are many little jobs to keep you busy, the team is always pushing others to keep going and to do as much as possible. The team are outstanding we are like a big family.

Insights into Beefeater

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility

Amazing

Great place to work overall with several ups and downs like any other workplace but I always felt like the team atmosphere was great among the team and i enjoyed my time there.

guests are great management are awful

The job itself is easy and fun and if you love customer service then you will thrive. But like most jobs its the management that ruin it for everyone.

Good, but don't let them over work you

Working here was good, but if you show too much enthusiasm, its very easy for you to quickly become over-worked, never expect to leave when your shift is meant to end, they blame 'pub culture'

understaffed and stressful

due to being short staffed i would work twice as many hours as i was supposed to (stated in my contract) in a week, and it would be very busy, stressful due to the number of orders and tabes out front. however i learnt so much here and pay was good, and we were allowed to help ourselves to food and drink (i dont think this is beefeater policy but our managers allowed it ). definitely needed to hire more, reliable staff

Pros

free food / drink

Cons

no chance for breaks

Workplace

Treat there cleaner like c**p. Don't give them the discounts and bonuses thay are intitaled to...Thay don't feed there staff like most restraints do

On site management are good but you would wish the company itself cared more. Long hours and understaffed, training available for growth. Just need a bit more care.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Understaffed

Great colleagues but stressful job

I loved working here socially, but I was doing multiple people's worth of work for too little money. I left because I dreaded long shifts with little help due to understaffing, and I had no work/life balance anymore, it was all work. I was also not able to take any breaks on long shifts because if I left my section, nobody would cover for me and I'd have 10x more to do on return. I've made friends I keep in contact with though. I was always complemented on my work but that was not reflected in my pay. Decent enough short term job but it can quickly become too much.

Pros

Good people, room for progression, friendly management, free food

Cons

Long hours, doing large amounts of time sensitive tasks alone, low pay

Good pay, but difficult environment

It wasn't terrible, but my job role as a runner encouraged other staff to generally treat me with disrespect. I was constantly burdened with more tasks than I could bear then yelled at because I hadn't met the expectations and demands of various different staff.Very unenjoyable cliquey work culture.

Pros

Good pay, great training

Cons

Employee cliques, lazy managers

Okayish

Interview process was simple, manager explained about the role and whitbread, all fine. Trial shift took place, all fine. Would be better under new management

Never again

The job is ok always to much to do though the staff no so not ok lots of back stabbing Management were two faced and could not be trusted if the face didn't fit you soon knew about it the staff turn over was high that says it all and the pay is low.

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Toxic work place

great company but terrible management

Really enjoyed working as a waitress as the customers were lovely and the tips were really good. Pay was okay but not worth the stress.However, management was terrible and rude. Too many managers for no reason and was unable to have a social life with the amount of hours scheduled despite being on a part time contract. Breaks were rarely given however they would take them off your pay. Unprofessional putting underage staff on the bar without supervision and offered no support for new staff and expected them to know everything without any on the job training.

Huge staff turnover and chaotic at times

I worked when we had alot of food and drink shortages. Staff turn over was big and alot of management changed in the time I was there. Most staff were nice but some unpleasant.

Cleaner beefeater

Working nights on minium pay expecting you to clean a restaurant in dark lighting no bonuses always advertising the job seems people don't stay very long work it out for yourself it's a night vacancy and money is bad

friendly workplace

As a first job it was decent, though sometimes very stressful especially since I was literally thrown into the deep end in terms of learning the skills on how to work and operate as a waitress and bartender.

Pros

food discount

Cons

stressful enviroment

It was ok.

Fine place to work if you like beef, if not, worry about what you might be getting yourself in for should you land the role. It can be busy and noisy at times.

Avoid

Terrible company to work for. The restaurant and bar was filthy. General manager didn't allow you to have your full break. The culture is terrible. Head office need to visit this site also health and safety/ EHO too.

Pros

Cons

To many to mention

easier ways to make £10 an hour

No time to live outside this place, people don't get called in they get rotad on in less then 24 hours and get told your going in. If you try to book a holiday they will say no and then your holidays will be used without your permission and put on your days off so you have no holiday yourself. Also pay is pathetic working a qualified job with experience and pizza delivery drivers earn £4 more an hour then me. Not a liveable wage would need to work 60+ hours or get a second job to afford a house. Also if an extra day is booked off as a holiday you lose one of your days off as and I quote "no one gets three days off". Been understaffed for past 6 years with no sign of getting more staff in.

Pros

cant put any

Cons

not aloud a life, not a livable wage

Not a great place

Over worked and some had no breaks, all young people trying to be in charge as well. Wouldn't want to work there again!! Tips are good if u get them and wage is OK but not great, staff all trying to give out orders too sadly, some horrible people too coming through the doors thinking everything is your fault, personally I needed something to do for a bit and this was OK but I would not do it full time as drivebu nuts. The benefits weren't bad but nothing to write home about

Pros

Dinner 2 pounds

Cons

Lots of clickyness

Dead end, minimum wage role with 0 appreciation.

I will struggle to effectively communicate how terrible my opinion of the company is. Our venue was rotten from the top down with very few exceptions. The tips on the bar were non-existent while the waitresses would rake in their paid wages as well as perhaps 2-3x that on top as well as the kitchen staff receiving nothing whatsoever. I think the company ethos is that we all walk high & mighty, on the rubber sole that is our front of house staff. We were overworked by a country mile and were not given one iota of recognition for it, much less adequately remunerated. I needed stability, which the role provided (still at my expense) . This is all the satisfaction I could glean from this absolute wreck of a business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beefeater. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Beefeater with

Learn about Beefeater in popular locations

• Beefeater