Bensons for Beds

Bensons for Beds Employee Reviews

Was with the company a long time. Very loyal but company changed so much. No longer interested in employees or their needs. All about the needs of the buisness.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Solo working, high workload, very little staff. Higher management not interested in individuals
19 February 2021
Thank you for your loyal contribution during your service and for taking the time to leave us a review. We aim to give our employees a positive working experience, and appreciate the business has gone through some changes in the past year, but we are working hard (in difficult circumstances) to continue improving. We take employee feedback seriously so we are sorry to read your less than positive comments which will be passed on to our senior management team for review. Wishing you well for the future.
The job was good from beginning it was fun working with sleepmaster but then when it merged things changed unknown things was happening to many orders and other things were not organisations.
19 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. The business did go through some changes last year and we appreciate that can be hard for employees to go through. We have come through that period successfully and are continuing on our mission despite the challenges beyond our control with Covid19. Wishing you all the best for the future and thanks again for your feedback.
Bensons for Beds management are very approachable and helpful, they want you to succeed and give you the support to achieve this. The role is target based role and they give you adequate time from starting to build up product knowledge before giving you a full share of the store target.Each member of the team takes a turn doing late shifts and you will work most, if not every weekend, however they do promote flexible working terms so you can get 1 weekend a month off.
Pros
Good Discounts
Cons
Working Holidays
19 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It's great to see you had a positive experience and enjoyed the training and were supported by your management team. Wishing you all the best for the future.
I worked in customer services at their Huncoat office most people are pleasant it is definitely the people in the office that make the job worth coming in fornow lets move on to the role the customer service role is at the least " intense " it's all inbound calls using a calling system call handling this is the system to where every second of your eight hour day you devote to Bensons is monitored say you log on a 9am prompt every second is taken into consideration the calls are literally one after the other 80 percent of the call are all off screaming angry customers customers who have had a poor experience or an issue with delivery such as a item arriving damaged. in the call you have to manage the customers expectations replace or advise using a 1990's teletext text based system which is difficult to navigate the training they provide is not in depth enough no long enough to give you a reasonable enough understanding of how you use the systems before you go live on the contact centre so a lot is learned doing but as I have mentioned the calls are intense you don't get the opportunity to learn no will a high rate customer understand you being " new " if they want big issues sorted for instance a broken bed replacing on a plus side there is a lot of support from certain trainers and some of the Team leaders but again expectation from the company is very high and they are pushed from their leader to get the best out of you so for example you been on a call a while that call be listened into and every call is monitored and of course after you have found your feet but quickly - more...
Pros
some nice people within the office
19 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It's great to see you worked with nice colleagues and got a lot of support from the trainers. We were sorry to read your less than positive comments. Contact centre roles do involve a lot of telephone work which doesn't suit everyone. However I will pass your comments on to the senior management team for review to ensure we continue to support our colleagues in the best way possible. Thanks again for your feedback and best wishes for the future.
Terrible place to work, Dont care about staff only care about rushing a job then isn’t done correctly, stupid stupid place to work with no management system what so ever
19 February 2021
Thank you for taking time to leave a review for us. We're sorry that you've had a less than positive experience - if you would like to follow up with any further specific information for us to review, please drop us a line at hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co.uk. Thanks again for your feedback and best wishes for the future.
Good pay for 7.5t work but its deliver the bed at all costs.Poor management..would have you working from 6am to 6pm without hesitation...don't want to know about staff issues...not COVID safe...still made to enter houses and deliver to bedrooms in Tier 3 areas..forever changing vehicles and drivers mates despite assurances they wouldn't.No training given.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Very poor management..not interested in staff wellbeing.Huge staff turnover.No training given.
19 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a review for us. We're happy that we're paying the right level for your role but sorry to read your less positive comments which will be passed on to our senior management team for review. We do have strict health and safety measures in place and additional 'Covid' measures to protect our staff and customers. If there is any specific information you would like to report, please drop us a line at hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co.uk and we can follow up any specific issues or concerns you have. Thank you for your feedback which will be followed up, and we wish you all the best for the future.
I joined Bensons support team this year. I understand the company has been through some changes and restructured, which can't have been easy in a pandemic, but it seems to have come through that difficult time successfully and is now focused on being the best it can be. I've met some great colleagues and everyone is adapting to working from home or with the covid measures on site. I've felt warmly welcomed and have been able to make a contribution already, lots of interesting projects to get my teeth into. The company is genuinely interested in moving forward, trying new things and devoted to putting the systems / structure in place to ultimately serve our customers.
Pros
Supportive management team, encouraging environment, positive progression
Cons
I can't think of any???
10 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave your great review, we're delighted you're having such a positive experience. Best of luck for the future and thanks again for the feedback.
Worked as delivery driver, lasted 3 days before packing up. Dangerous work culture. Avoid this place at all costs. Work practices go against all health and safety rules.
Pros
Leaving
10 December 2020
Thank you for taking time to leave a review, and we're sorry to read that your experience was less than positive. We have health and safety procedures in place to keep our colleagues safe and would encourage anyone who sees a breach to report it to their line manager or senior manager, or our HR team on hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co.uk. We have also launched 'Safe Call' this year, which is our confidential helpline to report any wrongdoing or breach of procedure - 0800 915 1571. Please advise of any specific feedback so that we may follow up. Thank you.
Salary advertised is not what you’ll receive. Unrealistic sales targetsAwful managementNo customer care. Once they have the customers money they no longer care.
10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are devoted to ensuring our colleagues have a positive experience, so we were sorry to read your less than positive comments and would encourage employees to report any issues to either their line manager or senior manager, or our HR team on hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co.uk. If you would like to follow up with specific feedback we can look into it for you. Thanks again for the review and best wishes.
Very poor management and no job security. You are just a number, they would get rid of you if they wish easily. No progression and no salary increase.
Pros
Cons
Everything you could imagine
10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to read your less than positive comments as we are devoted to ensuring our colleagues have a positive experience. We would encourage colleagues to raise any concerns with their line manager, or senior manager, or our HR team on hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co.uk so we may follow it up. You have stated you're a former employee but if you have any specific feedback about your personal experience please get in touch. Thank you and best wishes.
Do not apply ! Worst company to work for !Selling beds is easy but they expect so much from you. You're treated as a number not as a person.It's a small team and if your store is understaffed, a work life balance does not exist. In your contract it says you're only supposed to work 3 weekends out of 4, however you work every weekend.You do not get a christmas break, they give you 3 days off usually 23rd 24th& 25th dec and after that you are expected to work 9-8 for 14 days straight with no break. Half the management think they are the best thing that's ever happened in this world cause they earn a decent wage & they cry if book off a bank holiday and try state you are not allowed, when you most definitely are.The company has been sold multiple times and been in and out of administration, so you can never truly feel safe in your job. The only positive I have is I worked with 3 people who were amazing, who made it worth it going in every weekend and working constantly over christmas ! If you're going to apply, which I wouldn't even wish upon my worst enemy to work for that company. Stick to everything that is in your contract and ensure they do not breach employment law. Do not let them take p*** out of you and always stick up for yourself because majority of people that work in bensons are sharks and steal your sales. Sales can be so two faced, so be careful because everyone speaks about everyone behind each others back. The managers can be the worst ones sometimes.
10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see you worked with some amazing colleagues in store. We try to give all our colleagues a positive experience so we're sorry to read you didn't enjoy the working schedule. The nature of retail is that we need to be available when our customer are, which includes working some weekends and bank holidays when customers are out shopping. We appreciate it doesn't suit everyone's circumstances but we're clear about this up front in the recruitment process. If you have any specific feedback about your personal experience please contact us at hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co..uk and we can follow up.
I enjoyed working there but we had a really good team, if the team didn't gel then obviously would be issues as sales people can be sharks. Very target and kpi driven environment
Pros
Team
Cons
Hours, late nights, every weekend
10 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a good review. We're delighted you worked with a really good team and enjoyed your time with us. Best wishes for the future.
Poor communication Poor management You're treated like a number rather than a valued person or member of the team. On Furlough, communication is poor or none existing. Then told redundancy is coming due to covid. Rubbish. This was planned prior to get rid of Harvey's, outstanding invoices and contracts signed by crooked buyers. Management and higher are paid so much more than the rest, its a joke.
Pros
Cons
As per review.
10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to read your less than positive comments but would like to address the points you made to correct any misunderstanding. The business has been through some changes this year, Bensons moved under new ownership in July, the Harveys business unfortunately remained under the control of PWC who were the appointed Administrators. This was not something that Bensons had any control or influence over and we were sad to see job losses. Some colleagues did apply for vacancies and secured roles in Bensons which we are delighted about. It's unclear what you meant with your other comments, but if you have any further feedback regarding your own experience that you would like to follow up please get back in touch with us at hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co.uk. Wishing you well for the future and thanks again for the feedback.
High targets, impossible gates before any commissions are paid. Compulsory peak working. Colleagues are great though and my computer skills have improved. If your on a long day there are times when you close the store on your own, dark winter night are daunting.
Pros
Once you’re passed probation staff discounts are good but how often would you use them
Cons
Peak seasons, work Boxing Day then 14/17 days straight with no days off, No family time at xmas, Late night closures sometimes by yourself.
10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It's great to see you are enjoying working with your colleagues, the staff discounts and have improved your computer skills. Regarding your less positive comments, being a retail business, understandably we need to be available when our customers are shopping which often involves evenings and weekends but we do try to offer flexibility where possible. If you have concerns about specific issues please raise them with either your line manager or senior manager, or our HR team on hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co.uk. Best of luck and thanks again for the feedback.
I worker there for nearly 10 years. Never shown any appreciation. I went from a department of 6 people down to 2 with the work load increasing and then given a pay cut. I raised the issue of lack of staffing regularly during my final 6 months and it was always 'we're looking into it'. Never any feedback from managers. During my exit interview I cited a reason to leave as no progression opportunities in the company and the manager agreed.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No job progression, poor pay, poor management.
10 December 2020
Thank you for your contribution during your service and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to read you had a less than positive experience. As you know the business went through some changes this year with it's former owners and are under new ownership as of July 2020. We listened to feedback and are working on several areas including defining career paths and development programmes across the business to encourage internal succession. We also have various communication tools to keep colleagues up to date with company initiatives and progress and to recognise colleague performance across the regions. We wish you all the best for the future and thanks again for the feedback which is much appreciated.
A ok company to work for pay minimum wage very rarely get your bonuses. Slow stores you will have to get your day in. Staff you work with makes the job
Terrible management and hardworking sales people let go because management do not appreciate or like having an employee under them who can sell, so they try get rid of you by giving you an unhealthy workload and encouraging intimidating behaviour.
Good place to work for but they expect you two lift 50-80kg on your own. Management is always up and down they’ve been through so many managers it’s like the house that jack built.. Office staff are like hide and seek champions especially when it comes to pay day and they have messed up on wages
Pros
Salary pay, free parking, inside facilities
Cons
No over time rate, long hours, very tiring
10 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased you're enjoying the pay and on-site facilities. Huncoat is one of our Warehousing and Distribution Centres, of which the nature of the work is manual and involves lifting goods.,We do have health and safety procedures in place and are keen to give all employees a positive experience, so please raise any concerns you have to either your line manager or our HR team (hradvice@bensonsforbeds.co.uk) so we can follow up with you on specific issues. Thanks again for the feedback and best wishes for the future.
Low basic for managers wages depend on commission and bonus. Things have changes now joined up with harveys. Ordinary sales people with large gate before they get paid commission are struggling in some stores. Not everyone has same gate although they let you believe everyone the same. Harveys will drag bensons down unless things change.
Worked there for 7 years. Got worse every year. Senior Management are bullies and staff will rob you blind for any sake they can. Terrible place to work
Poor as poor can be, staff forced to do overtime at standard rate. Worked there for 8 years and had little support, bullying is the norm and it’s got worse year by year! When first started there was a real good vibe and family feel .. it’s horrible now and management are worse than ever .. no way would I want to recommend this place to anyone .. it’s an absolute s**t show. Poor products and staff are encouraged to break consumer rights
  1. Employee reviews