benugo

benugo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom191 reviews

coffeefreelunchfoodlongshiftbusystaff

Fun workplace

Benugo was the first company to give an opportunity as a barista, was a very fun place to work for a young person, but now I don’t see there as a place you could progress much. My team leaders and managers were very nice and I enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Free meal, nice coworkers

Cons

No progression

Disappointing

I joined benugo 6 months ago after being sold the vision about the company and its reputation Throughout my time there very high turnover of staff who did not last longer than 3 months some staff members are fantastic and the some other staff members who did not pull their weight would not help It is very fast paced environment most of the time and most of the time I worked there we were constantly understaffed Management would only help when it is very busy they expect you to finish on time even it is very busy Same menu they may add a special from time to time Felt misled as well when it is £10 a pound I was told after 3 month probation and then told after completing flow

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stressful draining and misled plus no stability in some management

Insights into benugo

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Never again

Worked here for almost a year changed 3 time in different cafes … didn’t get any better. Mangers are not the nicest… favouritism is bad there.. bad. Pay is horrible for what you have to deal with.. the manger yell at you make you work a lot when they don’t do anything. Getting a holiday or day off good luck with that. If your sick or something is not good with you they don’t care.

Too many issues mails staff

No help from the company no training provided and thing go wrong they blame you no structure no plan no investment in the staff and the pay is mediocre

Cons

9 hours with minimum staff

Fast paced

Good place to be when not understaffed .Very fast paced, always something to do. Decent focus on progression in the company and decent management.

Fantastic place, and I would highly recommend anyone to work there

Really great place to work from the management, training, other staff members and the business itself is so clean and helpful.The management and team leader are extremely passionate on their jobs but providing their staff the best training as possible, always patient and trying to get the best of what each employee could be, also willingness to work any job no matter if its helping cleaning dishes to making coffee to help the business run even in difficult or extremely busy times, I would say the management and the team leader they're all a real benefit for the benugo branch. Myself, the only reason why I left as is that I was offered a better role in a different industry.The main things I loved about working in benugo is the encouragement in their progression of learning from every part of the business and that you don't feel afraid to talk about your own issues with the team of upper level employees. The team itself are very friendly and we all work as a part of a team which is why the customers always come back. If I wasn't offered a better position in a different company I would personal loved to progress within the benugo company.

Pros

Free lunches and coffees, patient higher employees, and improve skills in barista

Cons

None it is truly a great place

The staff make the job!

Long hours, but the job was easy. Management did not train you, or even talk to you, so you learnt a lot from copying others. The other staff members made the job to be honest, they were all a good bunch.

Pros

free meals and coffee

Cons

long hours, sometimes without food

Lack of management

Very hard to work at benugo Savill gardens no professional people no management nothing too much busy environment less people in team un professional team also not paying sick leave location very far from public transport

Pros and cons

I would say that it was a great place to work but considering the amount I had to do I definitely deserved more money. Rather than just running a cafe, I was also running events and also organising them, there were never enough hours in a day to get everything done.Also having to cater to not just the companies wishes but also the client who we rented the space from made the job very difficult as both had different visions and knowledge of the industry. Finally finding some sort of balance was achieved but not fully which made things difficult.More corporate than you would realise. Supplier issues also and although given the freedom to experiment, not a lot stuck. Considering the companies size, getting any sort of new equipment was always a struggle and resulted in far too much money being spent to fix rather than replace.My manager was amazing and work life balance otherwise pretty great. A few tweaks and this would be a great place to work for The long run. Shame it did not happen whilst I was there but I wish them the very best.

Pros

Day shifts mainly, great manager, great team

Cons

A lot of work for the salary you are on (my site in particular)

Fun workplace depending on where you work

Lots of different workplaces and different atmospheres. If management is good and organised, everyone can work together, get the job done and have fun while doing it. But like I said very dependent on location and manager. Shift pattern changes depending on site so it’s hard to keep track of your hours.

Alright for students

Old management was great but once they left the new manager had no clue of how to operate things and treats employees unfairly. Overall not bad plus you get free drinks

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Rude customers

Fun place to work

Loved working there, staff and management were lovely, good work/life balance, always accommodating if you had any issues, made sure you got your breaks

Pros

Breaks, good team vibe

Hard and difficult

Its really difficult to do a full time job which starts at 6.00 am daily. Benugo always use lower manpower than requirement. The company focuses on only making money.

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Muy buen ambiente de trabajo y buena gestión por parte de los encargados

Productive and fun

A great first jobs but they require you to work nearly all Saturdays which leaves you with no social life and your availability are two random days in the week. The management are quite nice put I’d say the processes and of the job should be more clarified as you are just thrown into the job with no training. The pay doesn’t mirror the work you will have to put in either.

Team member

Serving customers, taking orders, checking the products displayed. Supportive work environment for learning.Training in food safety provided and mental care provided.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long-hours shift

Extremely busy and stressful

A working place where extremely busy and understaffed so the work environment can be stressful and tired. However, my manager and my team are friendly.

It was ok

It was a good work place however it was fustrating i had to do the dirty work without getting trained in other sections whilst every one else was getting trained

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

tiring

Don't pay properly benugo-London Zoo

I don't recommend this place, as the job description is not accurate. Mainly clearing, instead of serving food, as there it is more self-service I would say. Manager cuts hours short if quiet, which isn't fair for people who traveled so far. London zoo BENUGO DOES NOT PAY ACCURATELY, AND THEY CHANGE YOUR TIME ON THE TIMESHEET ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN ACCORD, even if its wrong and you worked extremely hard. very selfish and pay is rubbish.

Pros

free lunch for staff

Cons

wrong pay, hours unexpectedly reduced, boring

Ambiente di lavoro affascinante

Giornate di lavoro mediamente lunghe con molti commensali, svolto però all'interno di un locale pittoresco con un ambiente lavorativo stimolante e con margine di crescita non indifferente.

Nice place with nice people but poor pay

The work environment can be stressful with it being busy and this has been exacerbated with staff shortages due to COVID. However, my manager and everyone on my team are super friendly and easy to work with. With the demands on all members of staff, I feel it's unacceptable that they do not pay a living wage.

Pros

Friendly environment, free lunches

Cons

Poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at benugo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare benugo with

• benugo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?