Berry Recruitment Ltd

Berry Recruitment Ltd Employee Reviews

The biggest let down with Berry recruitment is you are paid by a seperate company.you have to pay £10 out of your wages every week to get your wages you also pay your tax and there tax when I questioned this I was removed from berrys books and not offered anymore work
Pros
Cons
Have to pay to get your wages
Work as an onsite consultant. Work is fast paced and communication with the client is often poor. They are very demanding but don't give you any time or notice when they want something. Overall Berry recruitment are great. Everyone i've spoken to in different departments has been very helpful.They've been very supportive during the Covid outbreak really care about the well being of their staff.
Meeting different people and working as a team is one thing I love to do. The agency gives listening ears to anything you want to ask or tell them and they explain to touch what to do.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Short hours
advertising pay rates that arent true, my first showed that I was on £1 less than the job advertised. At times you have to persistently call, text or email the office contacts in order to get the help you need.On the other hand pay was always on time, except for one mishap that got rectified the following week.
False. Claims. Of work. Over a 7 week. Period. Never. Any offers. Of. Work. Time. Wasters. Bunch of. Cowboys. Dont. Waste. Your time. Best. To. Avoid.
Pros
None l
Cons
to many.
Absolutely shocking level of service verbally from manager in Warrington. Although work was offered, in writing/email perfectly respectful. Verbally, quite the opposite. Extremely rude & disrespectful. Words cannot explain so let me just say .... go to another more friendly company who give you the respect you deserve.
Pros
Cons
Awfully disrespectful in every manner.
You’ll be lured into the job with high pay rates but on pay day you’ll see that they deduct a huge amount of money classed as ‘profit margins’ so basically this company makes a profit from your hard work. They’ll tell you that they only deduct tax - which is normal - but they wont tell you they also deduct profit margins.Long hoursStaff is so impolite. If i could put a screenshot here to show the way they talk to me over text, you’d hate to work with such people. All they need is for you to join- you wont get paid for all your hours. I have left the second week i worked for them and it is horrible. They arent even sorry about it.
Pros
I’d be surprised if they have any
Cons
Everything you could or could not imagine
Just started out as a shelf stacker at waitrose for berry recruitment and i cannot begin to describe how amazing the staff are, they really do appreciate their workers, im having endless support from the agency, whenever i need anything or support they are here straight away, they are awesome when it comes to shifts, ive received a heavens worth of grave yard shifts which really helps me and i cannot think of another agency that has that caring, helpful and here if you need agency, like in 100% even 200% recommend berry recruitment because these guys really do have your backs! :)
Pros
breaks, helpful staff, great shift pattern
Cons
no cons at all
If you are enrolled with Berry you are literally just a number. They could not care less or be less bothered about their workers welfare. They treat people with total disrespect. During my dismal tenure with them I witnessed a bullying culture on many occasions.There are better companies out there so my advice to anyone who is considering enrolling with them is DON'T!
Pros
Cons
You get treated like dirt.
Unpaid inductionGet couple of days training & then get told to pick up work pace.Basically pack mules so full time staff don't have to do any loading. Hitler cultureBerry recruitment basically feed you a pack of lies, to get you to take the job. Usually get sent home early, even though they give you a rota.. Pointless.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
The job
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Berry Recruitment Ltd?
I currently work for Berry and this is my first agency I have worked for,I have been very happy with how this company has treated me,in particular my Manager Mo,who has helped me a lot.I have no hesitation in recommending this company,its just a shame the contract is only temporary,if I ever have to work for them again I will do so with confidence,my only gripe is the pay could be better but im happy overall.
Pros
Paid on time, good manager, good company.
Cons
pay could be better.
After starting I was toldtI had to phone up the depo, every morning to find out if there is work.. to which no one ever answers the phone. Speaking to Berry they said we told you this would be the case... erhh no you didn't and read your job advertisement again. Further more I have not worked for 2 weeks and not had a single phone call.. I am at a total loss with this company. Unprofessional and unreliable, wasted 7 weeks of my life and the sad part is the the attitude on Collette is rampant and needs to be checked. Spoke to my like a child 9n the phone so I resorted to using emails as much as possible,.
Pros
None.
Cons
All of thee above.
I loved working for this company great management and fasted paced which I enjoy a lot in a work place love to be busy, work life and home life balance lovely when working for this company.
Pros
Great pay great management
Cons
They’ve got this Eastern Europe’s ladies which they can’t even speak English and are very rude with no manners please stay away from them especially with pets at home Northampton branch.
Bad
Cons
Bad bBad Bad bad
I worked for Exeter City Council through Berry recruitment. I enjoy gardening although this job only required me to cut grass. Paid every week, after initial week in hand.
Pros
There's work there if you want it
Cons
Can get stuck in a repetitive job
Avoid Berry Recruitment agency like the plaggue! They do not pay you for your days worked. Be very very careful. AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
Absolute terrible company stay away. they tried to fool me with my holidays. tried to paid only 26 day out of 33. they fired the people with not even one day notice.
its really good and awesome as well as epic and stuff. I really liked working for them. However, my parents were bad and forced me to do stuff I did not want to do.
I really enjoyed working there but due to covid19 my contract ended, the staff are lovely and are welcoming, polite, nothing was too much. Good agency.
Absolute terrible company stay away. Refused to Furlough all there staff leaving people with no money and without getting intouch.Get rid of you with no notice. TERRIBLE
Pros
Cons
Zero job security and have left the staff with any money during a massive pandemic
Berry Recruitment took all my details and personal sensitive documents then never contacted me again to discuss the actual job vacancy, I emailed every day for a week and just got poor 1 line excuses every time in the end I just gave up they don’t have the work
Pros
Cons
Fake job vacancies