Bespoke Health and Social Care

Bespoke Health and Social Care Employee Reviews

A good place to work with friendly approachable management who are supportive , staffing team are friendly and work well to gather to help each other out weekly pay is a massive bonus and one the best paid support worker jobs going but they do expect a high standard in return , lots of over time has been offered to me but my manager understands outwork commitments and work life balance and il pick up when I can and this is always appreciated.
Pros
Pay and
Cons
Paper records not digital
Steer clear of this company. Pay is good management is diabolical. No support for staff or clients. Clients are neglected, and any care needs will not be escalated to relevant services. Holiday pay is paid from your own wages. Training is minimal and is not consistent. Management does not want to know of any concerns if it means them having to do some work. Unsafe practices are used daily and have been for years; nothing changes even when these are addressed. You are expected to cover shifts 24/7. Staff are not valued. If you speak out, you will have shifts removed. Pay may be ok but not worth the possibility of safeguarding charges being made against you. Zero hour contract so no guaranteed hours. Will remove your shifts without informing you. One day employed the next day unemployed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employment
No management support at all just left to carers to organise customers needs and living arrangements had to resolve problems via external means liased with outside organisations then if any problems occurred carers got the blame for trying their best to support individuals I reported the company to safeguarding
Cons
No support
I’ve been working for the company for over 3 yrs now. I love my job and the management are there to help when you need. Most of the time get things sorted quickly if there is a problem.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
If shifts get dropped last minute and you’re required to cover
After the last shambles of a company I worked for Bespoke are a fantastic company to work for. Management are helpful and professional at their job. I'm so glad to be working for them. Training good as well .
Pros
Flexible and understanding
Cons
More clients in north yorkshire
Iv worked for bespoke for around a year and half and have been in the same two packages the whole time. I like the company and I enjoy the job. My area manager is a hard working person and is always there for support or to answer any questions. No company is perfect but I feel it is a good company to work for and who care for the clients.
I have worked in care for over 20 years and this is by far the worse company out there, they are all about the money, nothing more nothing less, training is nonexistent, Communication is shocking, your calls never get returned, they go through staff like there is no tomorrow, this is purely down to the way you are treated and lied too. Clients are not treated with the respect and Dignity they deserve
Only care about the money they are getting from packages, they don't care about their staff and whether they get treated unfairly as long as their getting money they will throw you into anything and expect you to get on with it.
I have worked for bespoke for 4 and half years and the package i was on the service user sadly passed away then i went into hospital for a week and when i came out of hospital i rang my manager and she said i will get one of the other managers to ring you so i left it a couple of days and still no phone call and a week later and still no phone call so now i have no choice but to leave the company.
11 March 2020
Hi I do apologise for this experience, feel free to email me directly & I can look into this right away. I can assure you we do care about all of our staff & I would like to be able to resolve this asap, my email is dan.howie@bhsc.care Kind RegardsDan
Expected to be available 24/7 incase someone else is unable to work even though I had a child to find care for. If unable to cover shifts you aren't a "good team worker" and get your regular shifts taken off of you as a punishment.
Its states here to have a minimum of 150 characters, truth is you dont need this many - hence the rambling of this first sentence. Service is unsafe, no proper training for staff which has a huge impact on clients needs, no management back up, need I say more....
Great pay and great team of support workers to work alongside. The stand in manager has been amazing and very supportive. I have received excellent clinical training from the nurse, training is above standard, we can call our nurse whenever we need help. Management have a lovely relationship with our client, as does the nurse. I have found the job I truly want to keep for life !
Bespoke is like a family, everyone is friendly helpful and supportive. The role is field base and you can create your own work life balance. Lots of training available to support you to do your role. Lots of team building activities you feel valued and appreciated
Recently joined from another Specialist care provider in the South West for patients with Learning difficulties, refreshing to be with a management team that have great communication & support, both on a work and personal level. Having one primary client is great, allows you the time to nurture a proper working supportive relationship with them & the pay rate is better which always helps too!
Continuously told client will have to go into respite if you dont cover yet another shift, Nurse cannot be reached and NEVER comes to see my client, How this company has survived is beyond me. . Poor ma
Pros
That will be none
Cons
Treat like second class citizens, If no one pitches up to take over from your shift can be stuck at work Nineteen hours in my case
Be honest with management and they will be honest with you. They will fight your corner when needed and if you get your head down and get on with your work you will be fine.
Good pay, fairly okay management however barely listened to personal concerns in regards to job/client. Would recommend for flexible hours if needed...
there say work the hours that suit you and it lies there dont care if you have a family or a life there want you to work 7 days a week avoid the place and there dont know how to pay the staff for petrol there want you to pay it yourself and there pay you the wage in the afternoon it should be paid in the morning the treat staff like there are better then you the staff work long hours and the management dont care there only care about themself and making money no one there cant keep staff i have never seen a place run so bad there need to think lucky the staff there have will work long hours
Pros
Cons
long hours and not another staff
Very positive experience, fabulous management, hand on and helpful, real people. The only down side is there is no scope to advance, so if you are looking to really make a career out of care Bespoke can give you hands on experience but no help to progress beyond caring. That said, this is just my opinion, I cannot really fault the company.
Not a good place to work for they dont show equality in the work place over work people until they find staff then give you no hours they dont give you a contract to sign they make promises to clients then ignore you because of no shows they hire everyone that applies and no appraisals, they promise to give you hours then over work you until they find staff then tell you its 0 hour contract so no one stays longer then 1 month.
20 November 2019
Thank you for you feedback. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with us. We have taken your comments on boards. We are always looking at improving the way that we operate. Please feel free to contact me via Head Office.Amit Karia, Registered Manager.
I work for this company and love the work with my clients however the quality of the service provided is patchy at best. Packages seem to be set up in haste with poor communication and high risk. I am looking elsewhere as I am not willing to compromise for the directors to make fat profits.
20 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I am surprised by your comments, however we have taken them on board. Please feel free to contact me via Head Office to discuss further as we are always looking at ways to make further improvements to the service that we deliver.Amit Karia, Registered Manager.