Bestway Retail

Bestway Retail Job security & advancement reviews

Worst company I have ever worked for. No breaks. Management had no clue what they were doing, also unless you were a favourite you wasn't treated fairly. Absolutely zero chance for career growth.Hardly any training - given keys to the shop and left alone after just two 4 hour shifts. Lone working even on nights - Extremely unsafe.Made to put huge deliveries away alone, while still being alone and having to serve customers. The only good part about this job was the customers.
Pros
customers
Cons
everything else
You are requested to work over your contract and never get any time back absolutely no support from higher management the worst company I have ever worked for my advice is to keep Clear
Cons
Very long hours
A 'could not care less' attitude permeates the entire business, division between head office and warehouse staff clearly defined. Opportunities for advancement highly limited and based upon time served, or who you know. A highly toxic environment to work in, largely a result of the attitude first mentioned. Please dont waste your time applying for work in the warehouse, it really is a road to nowhere
In my interview. The area manager was All promises. But Mostly lying. I was told 3 different Salaries. The highest at my Interview. Followed by 2 more after leaving the previous Job when it was too late to go back. they were ÂŁ3000 & ÂŁ4000 lower than what I agreed. I was promised support and training. All I got was a set of keys of the staff and a "there's your Store, get onit it." The Area Manager didn't even welcome me on my first day. I had to remind them when I was starting. I couldn't even get hold of them for 3 days. It is the most unprofessional company I have Ever worked for. Massive knock to your confidence.
Worst experiance in my long career...no guidelines as to where company wanted to go continual round of stocktakes taking all the working hrs possible and they achieved nowt always very wrong which put ordering in jepoardy.nothing left for customer relations, promotions, shop presentation,list is endless...overall too many chiefs ..where i was there was a very large warehouse and we got all the rubbish from closed stores causing frustration amongst staff as we should be on shop floor with customers...
Pros
Worked close to home
Cons
Lots.. long hrs, no direction from management not promoting good loyal staff
I worked for this company for 4years and was sacked when I stepped down as manager due to false promises and failure to employ staff (myself and assistant manager to run store for nearly 2months).we found out we had a expired alcohol licence but was ordered to trade for nearly a month without 1 by head office,no security camera's,no panic alarm,building in disrepair,area manager coming in and helping himself to stock.Company only cares about profit,employees are just a number which is a shame as we had a great team until bestway retail took over and decided to cut hours.
Pros
Cons
Missing pay, long hours with no break, no staff protection