Bestway Retail

Bestway Retail Pay & benefits reviews

I enjoyed most of my 3 years at Central and made many friends with other managers across that time, and worked under 2 excellent area managers, who tried to help me progress and both had different styles. Unfortunately there was little chance of progression past Store Manager, despite promises that were made under the previous regime, and it was time to move on. Whilst working long weeks travelling all over the place to prove yourself and getting involved in company projects it becomes hard to turn back after rejection. I miss the people but not what the company had become.Under Bestway, the company has become more and more corporate, whilst working many stores are working on restricted hours. The culture during the P&H days was that of a family and as long as your store was making money and had great standards everything else was fine, along with regular trade shows/parties/days out.Salary was good for convenience retail, towards the higher end, but this to a large part has now changed and each store has a cap for salary.
Pros
Area Managers, Store Managers, The Staff
After working there for nearly 2 years, I have never wanted to escape a job so badly. From the very start I wish I could’ve enjoyed it but due to management it was hard. There was always people talking behind your back about you but never to you, the managers usually do this which is shocking. Lower staff there are so nice and deserve more than they get, mainly appreciation and respect. I recommend avoiding this company at all costs.
Pros
Cons
No appraisal, constant lone working, favouritism, no staff benefits, expected to work off your own time
Absolutely hated working there, dreaded every shift.They had me serving the customers during my interview without any warning.Management is awful and grumpy, never spoke to me when they came into the store. No real organisation or training structure.
Pros
None.
Cons
No benefits.
Good shop location, regular customers, awful management, they do not listen to staff, took me 6/7 months to receive post office training despite the pressures of only having 3 post office trained staff 1 being management that didn't work weekends.
Pros
Customer friendships
Cons
Management, no benefits or staff discount
* Low store budgets mean lone working shifts. * No care for staff safety* No communication between staff. Just pathetic bickering and backstabbing between them. * There is no difference between staff and management. Staff still have to cash up the tills and open the store in the morning or lock the store at night. * No company benefits * 4 hour contracts * Stock ordered never arrives. Shelves are constantly empty.
Pros
Cons
As listed above