Bestway Retail

Bestway Retail Work-life balance reviews

Just don't do it to yourself.Having worked here after leaving another one of Bestways groups called Well I can without a doubt say they are one of the worst employers off the bat.There was poor leadership and management were just rude. No understanding of work life balance expecting you to just give up everything. Wife and kids were pretty fed up in the end of never seeing me.
Pros
Meeting new people who also hate the job
Cons
Pretty much all of it
You are requested to work over your contract and never get any time back absolutely no support from higher management the worst company I have ever worked for my advice is to keep Clear
Cons
Very long hours
Great staff to work with and a relaxed atmosphere with a structured routine which is completed between staff who are on shift, Time to talk to customers and get to know them personally.
Stressful environment, underpaid/overworked, no support from higher up and very limited if at all progression possibilities! 8 hour shift only 20 minute break allowed which is a struggle to take anyway so end up not even taking it some days! No extra rates for working bank holidays etc like you would find at other competitive retailers.
Staff goes of sick and don’t get anyone to cover them so have to work alone on busy weekend. Not More than one person doing shift during Saturday nights. Manager letting colleagues off there shift for other commitments.
Pros
Getting to know new customers
Cons
Staff going off sick without anyone covering them
I worked for this company for 4years and was sacked when I stepped down as manager due to false promises and failure to employ staff (myself and assistant manager to run store for nearly 2months).we found out we had a expired alcohol licence but was ordered to trade for nearly a month without 1 by head office,no security camera's,no panic alarm,building in disrepair,area manager coming in and helping himself to stock.Company only cares about profit,employees are just a number which is a shame as we had a great team until bestway retail took over and decided to cut hours.
Pros
Cons
Missing pay, long hours with no break, no staff protection
Management are horrendous and do not care for their employees. No communication between staff whatsoever. Starts off great then they quickly make your work life a confusing living nightmare
Pros
Cons
Everything.
I think that both parties staff in terms of manage to and general assistants should be able to hold huddle sessions to be able to be constructive in direction and issues reflect on the requirements of both quality of work and mental well being and able to approach the directors board with any of the issues before they come to being reviewed online and making it a substantial effect on the recruitment efforts. It takes a big person to say sorry something which should have been said to those involved with the holiday issue. People who are in these roles should be on a development track to give them achievable ambitions and reward this should be looked at a professional level by the heads of business this would reflect in a productive and customer friendly business where everyone thinks of it at a positive and forward thinking company.
Pros
Taste of how retail at lower levelis
Cons
Long hours unappreciated and pressured for low pay