Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board

Working at Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board: 31 Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews

Fast pace but rewarding

It is a fast paced and rewarding place to work.Depending on what department you work in can depend on if you advance in your career. Time not always available to do e learning.

Friendly and positive work environment

Good area of work, plenty of advancement opportunities and support from management and colleagues. Hours/days of work can be flexible to meet the needs of the service.

Cons

Nhs pay

Insights into Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Avoid

Poor management. Management would allow employees to bully & manipulate other members of staff. Office gossip would be allowed. Gossip provided my the manager themselves. No help with regards to workload. My mental health has been seriously affected. Sooner I leave the better.

Pros

Good holiday scheme & good sick pay

Cons

No support from management.

Excellent employer

Highly recommend this employer. The people who work at BCUHB are hardworking and dedicated and you are encouraged to develop to reach your full potential. The working hours are excellent and they are flexible within a range.

Awful place

Bullying culture in certain departments, not all. Senior management not interested in the staff. Research department at Glan Clwyd Hospital is best avoided, seriously clicky environment. Not good for the mental health.

Pros

Wards are busy but ok

Cons

Long shifts not good on such busy wards

Rewarding

Great place to work, great staff, very rewarding job, good pay. Was offered the job on the spot. Intense training over two weeks prior starting. Required to shadow some shifts.

Poor regard and practice for patient safety and quality assurance

This is a review for the role I had in a Community based Diagnostic service - After working for 11 years and helping in the development of an excellent service, I left in 2019 due to refusal of management to take action regarding the further development of a non quality assured diagnostic service which was putting the lives of Gwynedd & Anglesey patients at risk. Poor communication and constructive dismissal was attempted following 10 years of being a key Lead in the Service. I was employed to work in Gwynedd & Anglesey, but ended up working in Denbighshire & Wrexham areas due to a new employee who had been employed for this region - deciding 6 months later it was not convenient.

Good

Working for betsi Cadwaladr NHS trust for many years was very enjoyable as well as challenging. I made many good lifelong friends who we supported each other in and out of the workplace. I would be very happy to return to work within the Trust

Busy

Good place to work, good benefits, good rates of pay, great holiday entitlement, work life flexible working available, only downfall parking is a problem

Good support and communication with manager ,,there are a lot of training opportunities and various places to work at within the trust ,,these are regularly advertised on an app

Day as a health care assistant HCA

As a health care you will provide care to patients in hospitals or other medical settings. Assistants are under the direction of a qualified professional, and tyou will work closely with patients to ensure their comfort and safety this is a fast pase and also demanding role with in the health care setting but also rewarding.

Fun and easy going

Lots of work to do there but everyone is friendly and easy going. Thoroughly enjoyable place tow work. Location is a bit far from most of civilisation but commuting is possible

A nice place to work

Hospital is in Wales. Nice collegial environment. Plenty of administrative support. Ideal for the outdoors enthusiast. Locum work is available ,so that is a plus

No issues enjoyed my time here, fellow staff very friendly, management good, enjoyed working and helping the patients. On site canteen, variety of food every day, very clean

Great workplace

Great workplace lots of friends made, however i am unable to develop my current skills so the time has come to move on. Lots of experience gained and my knowledge has grown immensely

Mental health nurse

Nepotism is rife.. bullying is an everyday occurrence. Managers don’t manage, they manipulate; they recruit their friends, family and people they’ve been intimate with to ensure they’re untouchable. The most unprofessional managers I’ve ever had the unfortunate disadvantage of working for. My advice would be to stay well clear of mental health in BCUHB. Here’s to another five years in special measures with these clowns running the show.

Pros

There are job opportunities to get out of mental health

Cons

Bullies everywhere

worth while work for those in care

working in the hospital kitchen is a change from working in a busy restaurant but it doesn't mean the tasks are any easier. keeping the kitchen to a satisfactory standard in keeping with environmental health and management expectations. keeping up with the serving of the food for the patients can be a challenge as each meal is of course different and focusing on the details per order to be sure the patient gets what they need and want in a timely manner.

Satisfied

Lovey place to work, valued and appreciated. All staff are kind hearted and passionate about their jobs. Everyone is so helpful and ou are treated respectfully regards to your job role or authority. Recommend here to everyone. Brilliant place.

Fast paced and enjoyable

Everyone was so kind and made time for me, even in their busy schedules. I loved working there for my work experience. I got to see many areas of the hospital and may even work there when I'm older, if I decide that job is for me.

Pros

Everyone was very kind

Cons

On my feet all day

Bad place

Really bad management, no support what so ever. Managers seem to encourage the bullies by giving them promotions. If your face doesnt fit your job is not safe. Worst care setting i have ever worked in.

Pros

Cons

Management and bullies

Endoscopy Nurse

Very fast pace, lovely team to work with and very supportive. It is a lovely role to add to your CV, as you are not only assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care, you are learning new valuable skills that are not learnt on a ward. You will learn venepuncture, cannulation, assisting in taking biopsies, managing bleeds and emergencies, change of PEG's and plenty more.

Pros

Great team of staff, very supportive and great atmosphere

Cons

poor salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board with

Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Reviews by Location

• Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?