Better Healthcare Services

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

So many hours and not enough recognition.

60+ hours a week, waking up at 5am to get to the client at 6am. And then end shift is it 11 but can be way over if they’ve added more and more people to your rota. I didn’t use to finish till 1am. I had no life. The management didn’t care that you were working so many hours. They just wanted you to do more. And you got paid £200 from that 60+ hour week. I hated it. That’s why I only worked there a month. Was disgusting how they treated their staff.

Productive workplace, long shifts

BBC is a fast paced workplace with a lot of long shifts which are beneficial for both students and full time workers. Job can be very demanding, however, it is very rewarding with incentives especially on holidays.

No Incentive to work

Worked as a live in carer and while there, I had a lot of miscommunication with management. Worked 74 hrs a week with only ten hrs off. Was paid no bank holiday pay while others were and when I complained, I was given NO cogent reason why. Best explanation i got was something about the CCG capping my pay and that there was nothing in my contract about holiday pay. Best part was that I worked here during my 2nd andbetter prr of my third trimester in pregnancy. No incentive whatsoever to work but yet there is soooo much work.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and horrid pay

Not bad

I cannot complain. I got good job. Salary could be better . my manager take care of me but sometimes it takes too log to arrange meatin. Not very good comunication with family but family is rather all right

Rewarding and interesting job

I work two years now with this company, generally I am not satisfied...Salary is average,hours can be more than is written in the contract,not much support from the company,I would be happy to find something better...

Pros

Just a general manager who is Ok, generally no support from the company

Cons

Long hours, sometimes no break

Quick to sign you up! Slow at actually address matters

I was sent to clients homes where I would found that other carers seized keeping logs and other clients held and amended their notes?Ridiculous company! They leave you in horrible circumstances and hold you in unsuitable situations by stating things like "there's no one to cover you, so you have to see it through".Nasty people that treat you as a job filler, not a person that is living in another person's home delivering them with care.

Pros

Quick in, quick out!

Cons

You are on you own on shift

Good work place

A good company to work for most of the time, was good and flexible, but unfortunatly when we loose clients we loose work so its hard in both areas but would be in any care company.

Pros

Flexible work

Cons

No guarantee of work .

Horrible ...Avoid ..... Nasty vile staff...

Horrible Organisation , I called to ask for A WELCOME PACK AND INFORMATION ON THEIR COVID 19 POLICY AND WAS TOLD I HAVE A ATTITUDE. .. I found I was being stereotyped ...I found them Very unprofessional . They dont care about the staff... Dont even bother complaining to management ...The vile individual I spoke to was called Joanne ... They show their true colours once they get you on there payroll.....London Branch #Rude # Unprofessional # Attitude #Stereotype

Pros

Cons

Horrible

Fantastic company to work for

I worked for the Peterborough branch up until recently. They are a fantastic team. Friendly and approachable. I've moved locations now so sadly do no more shifts for them. Long may they continge to thrive.

Pros

Accumulated holiday pay

Carer in Norwich

I joined BHC 4 months ago , I have enjoyed working for them . I like it because I get the chance to move around to other places . My contract is temp 16 hours but I believe if you are willing to work you will get more hours , since I started I’ve been on 30 hours plus a week . I was at first wary working for an agency since then I have changed my mind

Pros

As many hours as you would like almost always available

Never would recommend

I worked for better healthcare not for a long time, the manager was very unprofessional, talking about staff and care staff in inappropriate context. They would expect you to work more than your contract hours. No appreciation. Expect carers to drive 40 mins journey in 5 minutes traveltime, expect you to stay in call time for full time, if not then your docked wages. And always late. Morning calls were 12pm, lunch calls 4pm. Joke in my eyes

Pros

Some carers and some clients

good work place

Depends of your location and availability you can have work as much as you want in most of the cases. Earning also depending on the place you going to work. As every place pay different regardless what type of work need to be carry out but for most of the work is minimum rate.

Avoid

safe guarding issues are not dealt with.If you are not male and under 18 (supervisor has a thing for young boys) You will get hardly any hours.Very two faced management discuss each other business very unprofessional.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Working with liars

Poorly managed

The company was very poorly managed. It didn't appear like they had many staff or clients. During the winter period they had staff shortage and this resulted in neglecting their clients. I reported this at the time.

Pros

Was good at the start

Cons

If you want to become a carer and passionate about caring avoid.

The whole experience was very chaotic and with no organisation. Your rota will change continuously adding removing people times etc. If you ask for help or unsure and you call there " friendly team who are always here to help " you will most likely be spoken to very rudely from there office staff with the expection of a few from the out of hours and recruitment team . If you are a walker youre mostly likely not going to get a break because you will not be able to fit clients in there time slot that being said you could also have very long breaks between clients so if you do not drive or live far away you don't have anywhere to go. If you can't make a shift theyll use guilt tactics against you which is very manipulative they also use this when they want you to take on more shifts. If you genuinely want to care for people please avoid this company and find a company that is centered around the care of the clients who are organised who give you the time needed with patients and necessary training with out being spoke down to or very rudely too

Pros

Patients are very friendly and sweet.

Cons

Payed for contact time not hourly, Rude office staff, Unorganised, Chaotic.

Just a brief example of my experience

A typical day at work was caring for the elderly or children in the community. Providing personal and person centred care to clients, administering medication. Writing reports, reporting back to the office of any concerns. The concerns weren’t always dealt with straightaway which was worrying as it is important that any worries are addressed straightaway and that action is taken. The rosters would change throughout the shift and it made it difficult most times to get to places with such short notice. The time span between destinations for walkers wasn’t calculated properly and was not ideal.

Pros

Made a couple of good friends, had some lovely clients too.

Cons

Poor management and managing of rosters.

Dreadful

Horrible avoid them at all costs live tell lies, have no idea how how a shift works and agency work treat support workers with contempt. Dreadful dreadful dreadful. Stay away stay away

Avoid

No bad terms, no issues of misconduct on your behalf you just simply don’t think the job is for you anymore and rather than accept that the managers minions or the manager calls local employers and tries to make them not contact you for employment. Mean spirited and spiteful staff who talk everyone’s business, NOTHING is confidential unless your the manager or one of her minions. Manager who smiles in your face but tries to make life hard for you behind your back. Company not interested in making a real change and improving in areas they fall short on. Only interested in securing contracts and recruiting carers. Clients and employees are forever complaining about one thing or another with most being valid. Personally wouldn’t recommend them to care for one of my family members. Avoid like the plague, honestly regret the day I gave them my time.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Too many to name

They don’t care.

The office staff did not care about clients or field staff. Try and force you to do stuff. Office staff can be very rude. competitiveness with colleges. If you’re not one of their favourites then they don’t give a * about you. Pay really isn’t good at all unless you want to work all day everyday. Very rare you’d get help or advice. Most clients were easy to get on with and very friendly but the office staff are terrible and need a new team.

Very good

Lovely working for Better healthcare , all staff are very supportive , lovely manager and they all working as team . They have lovely clients and carers

Less than minimum wage, Terrible organisation

Wages are a lie, you are not paid for travel time ( about half your day) 7am-10pm is roughly about £60. Drivers are paid the same as those that dont except you do more calls, pay out of pocket for fuel and vehicle damage etc. (they wont tell you this obviously) People cant write a rota so you will most likely end up working for free past the time you should of finished because they will insist you can make it across Bedford multiple times in rush hour in under 10 mins. Everyone that works there is an immigrant for a reason, the pay is awful and the job is terrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Better Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

2.4Job security/advancement

Compare Better Healthcare Services with

• Better Healthcare Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?