Better Healthcare

Better Healthcare Employee Reviews

Stay away

No support, lacked adequate training. Do not take safe guarding serious they turn a blind eye. whistle blowers are treated unfairly. its an agency so hours are scarce with minimum wage. spent more working for the company than I earnt, travel expenses, training, and clothing. the office couldn't run a monkeys tea party and blame its support workers and carers for the office failings. Lacks in data protection willingly and often sends emails which include the email addresses of every support/care worker, often lie to customers and to its support/care workers. Would NEVER hire them to care for my loved one, would NEVER recommend them. Glad to be out.

Disorganised and poorly managed

Working for Better health care was the most successful job I’ve ever had. My work changed on a daily basis and the Homecare rounds were very poorly coordinated.

learning and development opportunity

I was a temp worker and that gives me the opportunity to gained more experience through working in a varied work settings. Also working for different organisations. Better Health care created a learning and development opportunity for there employee

Unprofessional

An agency that gives you bare minimum training especially for invasive tasks like cleaning a tracheostomy all you get is a half an hour talk and a printed out presentation and told you then have the training required to do this. You can go weeks waiting for a shift close enough to where you live and when you are on shift you are usually left on your own to look after quite a few residents.

team work

to be successful in the workplace, the most important thing is teamwork. I couldn't see strong teamwork over there. there is a capacity gap with the careers. I recommended for staff development within the company.

I would say it’s fair to work for

They are very understanding they work around you,you get given a fair time to be with the patients given 3- 4 days training at the start and training throughout the work as the clients you are given they will give you the right training for that client

Disorganised and uncaring

Management is disorganised and uncaring towards both clients and employees. Lack of hours. Lack of flexibility. Lack of organisation in planning runs.

Poor

Poor management poor route planning Poor hours, Lots of wasted time unpaid with gaps in rota. Lots of responsibility expected, with no back up or support. Reported problems often recieve no feedback or even response

Dont waste your time

Managers change regularly, lack of work, rota's emailed at least twice a week so you can never plan your time off if you have appointments etc. All I can say is swerve this company.

Avoid waste of time and lots of stress

I really liked and was excited to start with better healthcare, but straight away I was met with safeguarding issue’s, get used a lot by this company, they get you to sign a contract on your training which if you leave within 400 hours you have to pay for all the training you have had, so your stuck for six months, you have 5 minutes between calls, so they give you clients from anything from 5-40 mins walk, I know as I’ve done this many times. Big gaps in days or so full on you don’t get a break. they punish staff, if you don’t jump when they say or you have any personal things happen in life they will give you rubbish hours, they cause more stress then care to both carers and service users, lots of people are leaving as they have had enough, they underpay wages so you have to keep on top of that and if you email they don’t even bother replying a lot of the time. Broken promises, all this company cares about is money. I don’t know how they are still operating and lie to both staff and clients which is quite infuriating and awful.

Pros

Clients are nice

Cons

Lots

Reliable employer

Better Healthcare provide a high standard of care and support throughout the care sector.

Cow boys in Care!

Client's paperwork would not be upto date, they do not make staff complete training to begin with them & they provide live in care packages! They seem to deliver carers to clients & hope that it fits? If you become unwell on your clients site no cover will ever come! They mislead, under plan & excuse their behaviour even if that means blaming you. No support, little information, one place did not have daily log sheets & logs kept were minimal - guessing clients needs is unacceptable. Better Health Care does not do what it says on the tin!

Pros

None that i can think of?

Cons

A lot!

Bad Company to work for

This is a very poorly managed company, treatment of employees is poor, consistently underpaid and mis-led regarding placements. The lack of support while on placements is also poor, I would recommend looking elsewhere for employment

Pros

A great and friendly company

A great company to work for, great management, friendly and professional company, unfortunately I am a single parent with no family to help, and had people let me down to enable me to cover weekend work so had to leave a job I loved

Pros

Friendly, professional company

Cons

No child care so hard if your a single parent with nobody to help

Waste of time

Don’t waste your time with this job. Bedford branch are rude they don’t listen to you or your concerns. They ignore emails and miss bits of your pay and I still haven’t received money I am owed from months ago. They send you to a call then send you to another call 20 mins away then send you back to a call down the way you was at in the first place so you are driving up and down all around everywhere ruining car tires and you don’t get near enough money back for petrol you have spent money on e.g. spend £35- £40 a week and only get £20 petrol back. You don’t get paid per hour as they say you do you actually get paid per house which means £4 per house and don’t get paid travel time apart from your 20p a mile petrol money. So basically if you get 7 people on your run you’ll only get paid £27 which is really no point. Aswell as that staff are leaving very fast. It’s a joke just don’t bother with working here. Plus if you start you can’t leave for 3 months otherwise they charge you £££ for the training. You tell them you can only work 2-10 pm or 7am-12 and they will add extra people onto your rota and will go way past the times you told them you can work till. Evening shifts I have finished at 12am quite a few times as they add people onto your rota and tell you that you have to do it. I recommend going with a different care company never this one.

Pros

Nothing.

Very unhappy

My typical day would be visiting clients in their own home, who have different conditions. Disappointed that the management does not keep to their promise of hours that I needed. Few hours do not pay the bills, was promised full-time hours. Training was nothing like I have had before. Only three days, trainer nice but training not giving enough support. Felt very let down with office, not giving enough information when visiting new clients, No care plan, no information, leaves you looking unprofessional. They also never follow up my worries with a client, leaving me looking like I am not helping the client. This care company have a lot to learn about looking after its staff. Clients have told me that carers never stay long and feel let down by the company and they never get the same person long. They also feel they are not listened to as well. I know this because I have reported problems and not been followed up. Makes me look bad with clients family.

Pros

None with company, lovely people to look after

Cons

Communication bad

Bad manegment, inconsiderate staff and unorganised

Long shifts with travel not being paid for, emails are always ignored, holiday requests never accepted, and no regular work. Nothing good about working for this company (especially this branch), however the clients are quite nice but that’s usually the case with any care company.

Pros

Cons

Long shifts, poor management, low pay, no regular work

Challenging

Very flexible hours, but hours not always guaranteed along with a stable wage. Had to travel very far distances on occasion and travel was not paid for.

Pros

Very flexible hours

Cons

Long, unstable hours without a proper break

Bad head office

Poorly managed, rarely any shifts with no lack of care for bills that need paying. Bad CQC report, poor communication. Getting emails and calls ignored when requiring a response about shifts.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Terrible company

great people to work for

Nice people to work for that always try to get the type of work that you require & in the areas that you would like to work in , very new firm & they are having trouble finding clients in this area

Pros

lovely people

Cons

not enough shifts