BGL Group

BGL Group Employee Reviews

Some good people work within the company. They have good fun family events and Annual Awards Ball's were always great. Overall nice company to work for. Salaries were OK.
Pros
Free themed lunches occasionally, work from home occasionally
Cons
Not really able to progress with in a job, not really given the opportunity to move elsewhere within the company, would rather take an external person than an internal person, staff level never really got a bonus
Not a good place, impossible targets, no work life balance, consideration or thought for their staff.It's advertised great place to work but people are not treated fairly.
Pros
Good with the community
Cons
No flexibility or respect for staff
Overworked every single day, and every single aspect of your job is heavily monitored. They pick on people for different things every day. They appear to care about your mental health but when something goes wrong they tell you to contact their anonymous help line or speak to a manager who more often than not cannot help. It seems like every single change or things they do is thought through in order to impact people as negatively as possible. Targets getting tighter and tighter month on month to the point that it is now becoming ever more unachievable and unsustainable. Managers do not listen to your concerns. In order to get anything done with anything like your working hours or have a payroll error corrected you have to chase them 10 times but they're the very first to quickly point out when anything is wrong. They hardly ever schedule any people in and every day is unbearably busy. Many employees are at an absolute breaking point when it comes to their mental health.If your face does not fit, you will not be given a chance to progress.Finally, working from home since march but have since had to return to the office even though working from home is possible and was working. They are now getting everyone back to the office even though the government guidelines do not recommend this. They are calling people back to the office even vulnerable people who should be shielding under the excuse that the office is so safe that it is safer than your home (which is of course untrue).There have been covid cases in the office and even though the different zones meet at places like - more...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unbearable stress
Horrible experience hated the job itself and would never recommend to work there. The job role wasn’t rewarding at all and never got any good feed back from team leaders
Pros
Non
The job itself is not bad, they provide training and you learn as you go while on the phones, there’s a lot of support, most staff are helpful. However quite fast paste, by the time you buy your lunch 15 min is gone and you have another 15 left to eat go back to your desk and press available on time( can’t be one minute late or you’ll get told! )
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Fast paste
I’ve worked at 3 contact Centres so far, Parseq, if you know you know... and EC Outsourcing, absolute shambles. BGL blow them out of the water, salary is better, management are the best I’ve worked under pay is good, if you’re interested in contact centres BGL is the only place to consider.
Pros
Competitive pay, shift work, good management
Cons
It’s a call centre
Great place to work. Very focused on employers. Lots of pros to working for them. There is always loads going on and to get involved in. You will never be stuck for something to get your teeth Into.
I would definitely recommend BGL although it is a challenging position the position would fit for those who are up for those challenges in life the management is great and team leaders are always there to help with no hesitation. Always pushing staff to work at Their best
Pros
After 1 your you can choose the hours
They all have their groups and you have to be liked to be talked to by some of the groups. Trainers are excellent, some management can be better, all about targets and they are very strict regarding to times. Night staff are amazing, but through the day it's very stressful, very friendly when you start and the training is in detail however the training doesn't cover everything. Not for the faint heartet. Get screamed down the phone at alot and barely have rest time through calls which is needed in this role
A growing business focusses on insurance financial services and price comparison. Compare the Market is part of the group. Operate Call centers for customers and investment in software developers.
Pros
free fruit and on site gym, free car park
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BGL Group?
Worked their for 21 years before moving on Reason for moving no advancement prospects in the position I was I . Very large amount of overtime, but generally quite good
My role is high paced, accuracy dependant and different every day. I enjoy my work and investigating issues and being able to fix errors as well as defending the reps/busi was when required. I take great pride in my work.
Good place to work, friendly and welcoming staff. Good benefits, fair work load and even though it can be fast paced it can also be relaxed, too. Ideal for someone who likes call centre work but there is limited progression in this branch.
BGL is definitely a good place to work as it has oppurtinuties for you to progress, friendly collegues aswell as managment and they also do events....
fast paced and difficult, high expectations but have good support pay is good as the job is repetitive. good chance of progression and fairly safe in your job.
fast paced taking calls after call. management okay until you get moved around after you've just got use to your colleagues and environment. all in all a decent place to work. top class training
Difficult to explain as no one day was the same as another. If you are prepared to work, concentrate, perform, and be a team player, you are in. If not this Company is not for you.
Excellent place to work. Collaborative atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity for career advancement, and employees are encouraged to develop their skills internally. Lots of perks.
I worked at bgl for around 8 months and my experience working here was awful, my manager made awful comments to me simply because she didn’t like me. I then complained about her and it was brushed under the carpet, she then proceeded to make vile, inappropriate comments and told me that we were ‘having a battle, that I was never going to win’ which lead me to hand my notice as I was scared to go back into work.
I learned about the marketing strategies of the business, and was invited to many meetings with colleagues. BGL really is a wonderful place to work with many benefits and i would recommend it to anyone.
Great company, great training, lots of development opportunities. Great work ethic with regards to bullying, swearing and aggressive behaviour. I would recommend this company as a great place to work.
  1. Employee reviews