Bidfood
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Bidfood Employee Reviews

United Kingdom160 reviews

cagedrivertransportroutedepotdropuselessdelivery

Be prepared for mental health problems

Welcome to the meat grinder. Typical day at bidfood chepstow is chaos, managers haven't got a clue on what their staff actually do. They cant get a basic day to day operation to run smoothly after years of doing it and change things for the worse. The absence increase due to stress is huge, the turn over rate for new staff is ridiculous as they turn to bullying tactics and pressure people into leaving. If you already suffer with mental health I would say avoid at all costs but if not keep quiet as this will be used as a weakness against you constantly. Culture can feel extremely toxic and it feels like its staff vs managers. Managers wont address individuals for any wrong doing. Same smokers taking extra smoke breaks for example which they full well know who they are yet they will tar the whole workforce with the same brush. Honestly never worked anywhere this terrible. And if you have any kind of concern or issue you wish to raise you will basically get told you know where the door is. It is what it is. And what it is, is a joke.

Pros

You get paid.

Cons

Stress, Pressure/forced to work overtime, Bullying Tactics, ZERO understanding of mental health.

Good job but too far

Travel time was a hour each way otherwise I would still be there . My fault as I knew this when I joined .Good company to work for and good physical work Very well paid aswell

Pros

Great pay

16 June 2022
Thanks for stopping by. If there's another depot closer to where you live, feel free to get back in contact with us as we're always on the look out for Drivers! If not, best of luck for the future!

Insights into Bidfood

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Long hours & transport office a joke

Work hard for nothing, long days, poor maintenance of trucks and equipment.Seen more management come and go then employees. No help when asked so if you like feeling alone this is the job for you.Management and office team will lie and stitch you up. Rout planning it so bad my kids could do better. Drivers are top blokes.If you want stress and no life with family and run a risk of mental illness this is the job for you.

16 June 2022
We're really sorry to read about your experience, we'll pass your comments on to the management team at Bicester. Wishing you all the best for the future.

NIGHTS! This would be great if you're antisocial but if you want a weekday social life it's not for you.

I personally didn't enjoy working here but some of the staff are amazing! One of the managers went above and beyond for me but unfortunately it impacted my home life too much to continue working there. A HUGE thank you to him for that. PRIf you don't like being cold, this is not the place. Unless the orders are low overtime is expected to complete all the work that comes in due to not enough staff working after 3AM. Some of the managers will be passive aggressive if you don't stay over. I was trying to get more time at home and wanted to switch to the 10-6AM shift, i was lied to by the Manager on days saying that other people wanted to be on the night shift so i asked everyone during a briefing and no one did AND the night shift was always talking about them being short staffed.

16 June 2022
We're sorry that you didn't rate your time with us, we understand that night shift work isn't for everyone depending on your out of work commitments. We hope you've found something that is better suited to you, all the best for the future.

Not a job would recommend

Lots of unfair treatment to staff if go drinking with management or team leaders promotions are given out. But true grafters who get stuck in treated like dirt if don't hit pack rate instantly punished for it.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, drug use going on while drive mhe, lack of support

16 June 2022
Thanks for stopping by, we've passed your comments on to the management team at Nottingham. Your depot GM has asked if you'd be able to raise these concerns directly with the management team/GM so they can investigate the issues mentioned here. Please note that a HR representative is also available at each site if you also wanted to raise through them.

Quick to sack you off shut up shop and move branch

Don’t waste your time job is dead money is rubish higher ups are greedy twits really not a good company and when covid hit they mixed up several branches furlowed people with out cars and made people with transport unwilling to mix take unpaid leave until six months later they made everybody redundant and shut up shop at Bristol would rather be unemployed than work for scum bags like these

30 June 2022
We’re sorry that the changes we needed to make in response to the pandemic negatively affected you. Wishing you all the best for the future.

No support

As a New team member you are expected to know your role and expected to Meet the company expectations within a week of starting if you do not meet the company needs abs expectations you are then threatened with having probation extended or even having your position within the company terminated

16 June 2022
We're sorry that you're not feeling supported, we're going to pass your comments on to the management team so that they can investigate. Don't forget that we also have a HR representative available at each site if you want to raise any issues with them.

Dire management and majority staff

Hated every minute of working here. Managers where corrupt and some staff favouritised. The whole staff need to be changed. No basic health and safety in warehouse as alot of staff just messed around.

21 June 2022
We're sorry to read about your experience, and will pass your comments on to the management team at Wakefield to review. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Toxic atmosphere

Can’t balance home life, upper management have not got a clue how the warehouse works on a day to day working shift it is all process process process, working long hours through night shift staff turn over is horrendous can’t maintain staff as they soon get feed up and leave avoid this place not recommended at all

Pros

Cons

Not appreciated, taken for granted, staff soon get feed up and leave

21 June 2022
We're sorry to hear that you didn't rate your time with us, we've passed your comments on to the management team at Gateshead to review. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Stressful, disorganised, tense atmosphere at company

No reward for working hard. Very disorganised from loading produce, route planning and feedback gets ignored. Very strange,tense atmosphere. Unhappy drivers.

Pros

Decent pay but work every bank holiday

Cons

Tense atmosphere, no rewards for working hard but just get extra hours and work added to your day.

10 May 2022
We're sorry that you didn't rate your time with us, we've passed your comments on to the management team at Lee Mill so that they can review.

Good place to work.

I love the fact that they don’t have the same kind of thing you don’t want to be with and that they don’t make you feel like a waste of time and you are appropriated.

10 May 2022
Thanks for sharing a little about your experience, all the best for the future!

Stressful but quick days

Good bunch to work with. Stressful at times and targets are hard to hit. Need to have a look at how the targets are made up as they don’t seem fair. Good team, some of them.

11 May 2022
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, wishing you all the best for whatever you've gone on to do next!

Not bad

Good as gold to be fair.Work hard.Let them know what the problems are and it is usually sorted.If you have a family maybe ask for a shorter route if possible, so you get home early

Pros

It's ok

10 May 2022
Thanks for taking the time to stop by, all the best for the future!

lgv driver

a very professional company with excellent training and benefits that go with the job.management are fair and very hardworking.the problem i find is a lot of staff moan about everything not realising it's an excellent job and you are appreciated and looked after.perhaps it's my age showing but younger generations expect the world and to have an easy life, it's transport, it's never easy.Sick pay, discount on food,33 day's holiday Inc bank holidays and more benefits than you can shake a stick at.people join saying they will do anything, get there feet under the table then start whining.health and safety is top notch, vehicles maintained regardless of cost.tells you alot that driver's leave then come back.

12 April 2022
Wow, thanks for the brilliant review - we'll pass your comments on to the management team at Lee Mill. We're really glad that you've mentioned our great employee benefits, it's something we've worked really hard on to make sure we offer a competitive package that supports all employees in a variety of areas of their lives. Thanks for stopping by!

Avoid unless you have no life.

Don’t Believe anything they tell you at Interview, and don’t believe the company welcome pack.All Rubbish. You won’t get a “Work buddy”,you will get about 1 to 1 and half hours training on MHE , and about the same on picking, then your on your own. Very poor Management no people skills.They won’t Introduce them self’s , just come up to you tell you what they want you to do , can’t raise a smile . You will be worked like a dog doing 10 to 12 shifts every night.You have no choice about overtime , they will tell you it’s in your contract FUll STOP. You won’t know until 4 hours into your shift what time you will finish. At end of shift you have to sweep the Warehouse, “no cleaning staff at night” A company that does not understand that burning out your staff every night does not increase Productivity.If you want earn money and don’t have a life then go for it. But if you value family life and want a happy work balance then look somewhere else. Never worked in a place that has no Atmosphere apart from very unhappy people that look like they are chickens stuck in a cage.

12 April 2022
We're really sorry to read about your experience, and have passed your comments on to the Senior Management team at Chepstow to investigate. We'd urge any employees who feel they are being treated unfairly to get in contact with the Site Senior Management team to discuss any concerns. We have standards and processes in place to protect and support all employees, such as our Grievance and Dignity at Work standards. If you would like to discuss further please contact Bidfood HR team and the site management team would be happy to have a 1-2-1 with you. Wishing you all the best for the future

Stressful , overworked, badly managed

Chaos, the night packers not loading the lorries If they do they are often overloaded/ badly loaded / wrongly loaded making the job harder to find deliveries yourself and extremely stressful. And dangerous. Cages falling over as loaded too heavy and don’t move due to broken wheels. 12/13 hour days the normManagement aren’t very supportive and expect you to get on with it

28 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we'll be passing your comments on to the management team at Worthing to investigate. The health and safety of our employees is an absolute priority for us, with robust processes in place to minimise any risks associated with our job roles. We're really sorry to read about your experience.

Hard work

Fast paced multi drop environment. 12-15 hour days with no work life balance. Management were very demanding. Training is good and helpful. Salary is good but you work for every penny of it.

12 April 2022
Thanks for stopping by. We understand that our Driver role isn't for everyone, and there's no getting away from the fact that it is fast paced - with early starts and multiple deliveries to make each day. Wishing you the best of luck for the future.

Hard work

Not a bad place can be hard work depending on route. As anywhere you go in this role you get the good and the bad its not all bad but can be quite stressful

28 April 2022
Thanks for stopping by, wishing you all the best for the future.

“How bad can it be?”

Early starts. Between 4am-6am. Long hours. Good luck finishing at a reasonable time. Sending out loads that are overweight and not adhering to driving hours is common. Delivering all over the county. Every drop is in a different town. Mostly rude and selfish customers, colleagues and management. Unsurprisingly, high turnover of staff. Extremely heavy, awkward and backbreaking work. Handling cash. Expect excessively frequent calls from the depot, requesting ETAs on behalf of the customers. No racking in the vans so all the stock goes everywhere then you have to spend ages trying to find which items go where. If they have (most likely) been damaged, good luck with the refunds process (it’s not quick, nor simple). Not worth the money. Think I’m exaggerating? Find out for yourself…

28 April 2022

Long hours and physical work

Company operates off a planning software that doesn’t give you enough time to complete your jobs. It will plan you for 5am starts and 3pm finishes but you won’t finish until 6pm. To much work thrown on you, all physical handball work and expected to make deliveries from red route zones and pedestrian areas.

Pros

Wage is slightly higher than others in local area

Cons

Long hours. Physical.

10 March 2022
Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback. Where you've mentioned our updated routing system, we understand that the early stages of our journey using it were a little rocky at times, as is often typical when a new system is introduced. However, we’ve been able to use the feedback received from our Transport teams to make a number of changes to the system, which will enhance the routing experience going forward. We'll of course pass your comments on to the management team at your depot, but if you have any additional feedback on the routing system you can drop us an email at Communications@bidfood.co.uk and we can pass it on to the project team for review.

Can be busy but good company to work for

Fast paced environment, some days more difficult than others, pay good but overtime paid at a rate the same as your standard hours, 45 hour week contract, pretty secure job, full time contract after 12 weeks, no agencies.

Pros

Pay fair for the work, nice warehouse, nice people

Cons

Long hours, overtime rate poor and not worth doing.

10 March 2022
Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts, we passed your comments on to the team in Liverpool for review, and they just wanted us to flag that the overtime rate has now changed. We certainly do have nice people, or as we like to put it the #BestTeam!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bidfood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bidfood with

• Bidfood
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?