Bidfood

Bidfood Employee Reviews

Avoid

Managers clueless no people skills. No Communication between managers or General staff cant Run a Bath let alone a company. Staff treated.like Dogs. AVOID

Pros

Zilch

Cons

Dont Expect to finish on time ever

14 September 2021
We're really sorry to read about your experience, and would like the opportunity to try and improve the situation for you. We'd urge you to get in contact with your local HR rep to discuss your concerns and work through the issues you're experiencing. We have standards and processes in place to protect and support all employees, such as our Grievance and Dignity at Work standards. We're also going to pass your feedback to the Management team at your depot to review.

Dont waste your time

Words can't describe how afwul a driver job can be working for this company. I worked for the company for 8 years I bent over backwards for them I was still treated like a dog and taken advantage of . They don't pay overtime so don't bother reading their awful contract that states it does Because it doesn't !! You'll be up very early morning and you'll be finished late evening if your lucky and guess what if your running out of drivers hours and you still got delevives left on your vehicle the transport management and ops manager will put serious pressure on you to get them delivered. It's a toxic environment being stood around in that transport office early mornings all the drivers arguing with the management because they have unachievable days planned out . Please don't put your family through the stress and worry this isn't a nice company to work for .

Pros

Monday to Friday

Cons

From word go

Fun job management are useless

Good working team can be very stressful.Pay for nights is bad and management dont care about staff as long as job is getting done. No apreciation is shown to staff. Dont expect any compassion or flexability cos there is non. But management are always asking favour but give non in return.Bit of a lads culture but fun team to work on

Pros

Discount food, team members

Cons

Pay, managment, hours

Great Place To Work

I've been working in this job for a few months now, everyone has been excellent to me. They looked after me when i taken into hospital for emergency surgery. Always checked how i was and how i was doing. The management and the warehouse staff have been so friendly and helpful since my arrival. Would recommend this job to everyone!

Pros

Overtime Always Available, Discounts on stock

Shambles from the start

Absolute shambles from the start. Training was useless, left in room and forgotten about for hours. Lied to about what the job actually is, yes your paid well for the area but you're essentially doing two jobs driver/picker.Was told it's simply get cages/pallets off the back of truck at delivery point and they take it from there and you collect empty cages....not the case. You get the cages off then you're decanting them in the customers premises while checking stock off for them. And if you've got pallets on the back with multiple orders on one you've got to spilt it down and pick the stock off for the customer. They're throwing money at drivers to to work extra shift etc.... but organisation and communication is the biggest problem I found with this company. Think they're going through a bad patch at the moment and really need to focus on sorting management/ the job out before throwing money at drivers.Bad experience for me and the other people in my training group who's also left.....wouldn't recommend.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management and job

5 October 2021
We're sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't a positive one, and that the role didn't meet your original expectations. We're going to share your comments with the management team at Chepstow so that they can review the training process. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Stressful place and horrible management

The management do not care about you or your life, only the job. Expect no respect and a repetitive, non progressive job. Most of the employees are thick so if you have low IQ you will fit in perfectly.

Pros

Some colleagues

Cons

Everything else

22 September 2021
We're disappointed to read your review. It's been a challenging 18 months, but we're really proud of our team in Edinburgh who have pulled together and worked hard to keep the wheels turning and deliveries going out to our customers through multiple lockdowns and team shortages caused by people needing to self-isolate #BestTeam

Productive and fun

Really fun job and definitely would be good as a full-time job and As I think it makes people want to become a truck driver and delivering for bidfood

Pros

Free lunch and stuff

Cons

Long hours sometimes

14 September 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your role with us! We advertise all of our positions over at https://www.bidfood.co.uk/careers/ if you're on the look out for your next challenge!

Dont show you your routes

They say your learning your routes when they send you out with another driver but its not your sent out on your own after a few weeks with sat nav and driving a lorry in cities and in tight housing estates its a nightmare hard stressfull early starts back breaking work then back at depot your in a line of lorries waiting to unload their cages then a line of drivers to hand in paperwork good money worst job ive had management poor to say the least.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours back breaking work not shown routes

14 September 2021
We're sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time, but thank you for sharing your thoughts as we can now pass your feedback to the Management team at your depot to review. Don't forget that you can also raise any issues locally through your employee rep, or you can speak to your line manager or HR rep if you feel you need additional support.

Awful working conditions

Interview was easy, Got offered the job on the day to start a week ahead. 1 week training and thrown in the deep end not fully trained. Management awful some days they don’t know how to handle the pressure and take it out on the staff. Give false promises.Ask for help and they are not interested just clear the calls and they are happy.

Pros

Working hours

Cons

Lack of support

14 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're sorry to hear that you didn't feel the induction process equipped you with the right knowledge to undertake the job role, and will feed this back to the management team at Edinburgh depot for them to review. Wishing you the best of luck for the future!

Very early starts, very late finishes.

Where do I start? The pay is good, but that really is about it. You can start as early as 2:30am & not be finished until 17:00pm onwards.The lorries are limited to 52mph, some are even limited to 49 mph, which is dangerous, especially on a motorway. Moving heavy cages, then unloading the cages at the delivery point. The route planning is non existent, they will have you criss crossing all over the place. I genuinely don’t know how they can get away with the driver’s hours part, you will do 12 hours + most of the time. If you have a family life, then this is absolutely not the place to work.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Long long hours.

14 September 2021
Thanks for stopping by. There's no getting away from the fact that our Driver role is a difficult one, with early starts and multiple deliveries to make each day. However, our latest routing technology means that we plan our drops to both offer the best Service Excellence to our customers, as well as to make efficient journeys that align with our committment to reduce carbon emissions. We have robust processes in place to make sure our vehicles are safe to drive and meet road safety regulations, but will pass your comments on to the team at Edinburgh so they can investigate your comments.

Probably a job for life

It was a nice easy job. Gave me a good experience of driving class 1. However the money didn't match or exceed days so I left to maximise what I could earn with my licence without doing significantly more hours.

Pros

Easy going

Cons

Can be dull

28 July 2021
Thank you for leaving us your review! We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working with us. We’ve recently reviewed our Drivers’ pay and are currently recruiting for drivers offering an attractive salary. We wish you all the best for the future!

Not a bad place to work

I have worked here for 2 years now I could not say it is a bag place to work it is relaxed however can also be stressful at times when deliving to places like schools ect I would recommend this job to anyone really

Pros

Wages

Cons

Not praised when helped them out

Stressful and overworked

Worst company I’ve worked for. Salary and benefits are ok, company car etc but the management need a reality check. Primary focus on obtaining new business even though the transport department can’t service the existing accounts causing lost accounts, and then you get interrogated as to why your retention is so bad. You’ll be fielding calls late at night and weekends when transport have messed up again and you’ll be expected to sort, regardless of time. Management have their favourites who can’t seem to do anything wrong. If your lucky you’ll get a good telesales, your supposed to work with them as a team but you’ll end up being pitted against them, as a sales team your supposed to work together but it’s a case of everyone for themselves. Depot is very clicky, the sales office can be a hit or miss environment, would avoid the management in there if possible, they’ll end up gossiping about you for some reason, very judgemental. Very little support from field sales management, think they should have a serious reality check and actually get out on the road themselves and see how difficult things are, it’s a sales environment, not a dictatorship.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

Long hours, management unrealistic

Telesales, great place to work

No day is ever the same, talking to your customer base, building relationships with those customers. Great company benefits, good rates of pay, fantastic commission opportunities. Fab people to work with, fast paced office environment. would recommend to friends and family.

Pros

canteen, free on site parking, 25 days holiday, job stability

Avoid at all costs

Avoid unless you want to become sick and stressed, run ragged on multi drop work can be 30+ drops and your day may not be finished there, if someone is struggling your expected to go and take some drops off of them, no appreciation from office staff and I could count on two hands the staff there at the time signed off with stress myself included, I finally realised a job shouldn’t make you feel like that! Avoid avoid

25 June 2021
Thanks for stopping by to leave us your feedback, although we’re sad to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time with us. We completely understand that the multi-drop driver role is tough and we’re currently recruiting for drivers to help during this particularly busy time. We’d like to wish you all the best for the future, and also encourage any current employees to speak with their HRBP if they’re experiencing a lot of stress at work as we do have resources in place to support our employees with their physical and mental wellbeing.

Don't work here read the reviews the grass is not greener

If you want no home life and just want to work, work work eat and sleep then this is the job for you. Was told that it is early start and early finish but really I started at 5am and finished at 5-6-7 and even 8pm! Working 57 hrs a week contracted to 48hrs then told had no overtime. I was on my knees after 2 years. Unrealistic route the worst place I have every worked in my life. Poor management no care of duty you are a number that it is.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Overtime not paid so you are on under min wage

18 June 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Our multi drop driver role is a challenging one and at times can be particularly tough and busy. We're currently recruiting additional drivers to support them team. We wish you all the best for the future.

Fast paced but rewarding

I was with Bidfood Slough for just under two years and loved the job,due to personal reasons i had to leave.Management treat you fairly but you must work as a team to get the job done.If you're ex military like myself this is the place for you,fast paced,professional and a good secure job.Nice new vehicles with all the new tech in them to support you on your day to day job.Lots of benefits come with the job including discount with bidfood and healthcare plans.All in all its a great job if you have the will to work as a team.Salary is top scale for a class two driver in this area (around 35k pa) Long day and short days,swings and roundabouts.

Pros

Salary, Benefits, professional

7 June 2021
Thank you for leaving us such great feedback! We’re so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and wish you all the best in your future career. We’ve recently given our hard working Class 2 Drivers a pay rise and are currently recruiting for more Class 2 Drivers, offering an attractive salary.Should your personal circumstances change any time soon, give us a call as we’d love to welcome you back.

We are kept busy. Go to different places which i like, meeting lots of people at the hotels and restaurants we visit. Work is quite hard we have to move cages and lift items. Benefits are good we can buy good quality food from the company. Pay is good for the area and overtime is available if you do a saturday..

Pros

Good people to work with, being able to get great food at great prices

Cons

Can be long hours

22 June 2021
Thank you for leaving us such a positive review! We’re so pleased to hear you’re enjoying your work. We’re proud of our benefits package and agree that we have the #BestTeam at Bidfood!

Steer clear

Back breaking, mostly handball especially the subway runs all on pallets. Take the delivery inside and then put it away at many drops. Drop upstairs with no lift? Doesn't matter, you've got to carry the contents of them four full cages up, drinks the lot. Heavy work. No regular runs, never know where you're going. In cab cameras, cameras in the back, watched constantly. Old wagons. Overall, stressful job and there's plenty of easier jobs out there for the same sort of money.

7 June 2021
Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We’re disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your time with us and would encourage any current employees to speak with their HRBP about any issues they’re having at work for support. We wish you all the best for the future!

Poor management

Worst supervisor ever, all young and never driver a truck but think they know it all . Routing staff who have ever driven a van or truck trying to tell us how to do our job when they have never left the office .

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no help from management. No family life

28 May 2021
Thank you for leaving your review. As a current employee, we strongly advise for you to get in touch with your local HRBP so they can discuss your concerns with you and offer support.

Could be a great place to work. But....

Good job, but made difficult to complete successfully and realistically. Company has got to big and seems to of lost its way when it comes to efficient deliveries and customer satisfaction. Mainly down to the logistics/route don't make any sense!

Pros

Wage is ok, easy multi drop work.

Cons

Bad logistics, chasing your tail most days.

18 May 2021
Thank you for leaving your review. We've passed on your feedback to the team at Wakefield.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bidfood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9