Bidfood

Bidfood Employee Reviews

United Kingdom179 reviews

cagedrivertransportroutedepotdropuselessdelivery

Ground hog day

Start at 530 Some drivers finish their route at 12 and some at 6. If your face fits you will get a local route and be done early. If not you will get a longer route and finish lateCameras in the cab, for your protection.... And your every 3 months assessment....

Pros

Semi fare wage

Cons

Long hours. Picking a lot

Busy , and cliquey

Depot not fit for purpose atmospheric place to work ..still working in stone age ... could work in a more productive way , but does not happen ... money is rubbish for the job you have to do ...

Insights into Bidfood

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Very long hours and difficult delivery points. Not recommended if you have other interests to persue after work. They will work you into the ground if you're not careful.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours and very physically demanding.

Don’t bother

Managers are way out of there depth not a nice place to work the moneys ok but you do earn it the rewards are the pay because there no other incentive there is no progression unless your a sniffer yes man if your happy in life give this job a miss if you need a quick money fix join then set a goal and get out

Pros

Quick money fix

Cons

Badly run

It’s okay

It hard work very hard work management ain’t great but the pay is great early starts never know when you are going to finish, can’t always come back the depot when you have finished your round they want you to help other drivers

Shocking transport office and very long hours

They treat you like dogs load you up as full as they possibly can get it . Send you to some horrible places to get in and out of. The hours are horrendous. There in at 9 and gone before your even back . If your face fits you get a nice easy job and done at lunch everyday avoid avoid avoid

Hard work, but well paid

Management very understanding.It’s hard work to start with but once you get the hang of it, it’s enjoyable and management are always on hand to help. Staff do come and go a lot but that’s because they don’t give it chance. Pay is good, but you do earn it - especially in peak periods.

Pros

Management, employees, pay

Cons

Hours were awkward for seeing kids

Ok. Not the best salary

Business is ok to work for. Have introduced flexible working allowing hybrid WFH so this is advantageous. Pay could do with a review as latest offering is well under inflation.

Nights- freezer picker Sun-Thurs

If you want to build some fitness and be paid for it at the same time then this is the place. Predominantly male workers so you need to be relaxed about banter. All in good fun. Targets to hit in picking but plenty of training and help from workmates to achieve this. I was in the freezer. -24° but with all the gear your given you still sweat. Temperature was never an issue for me. Great pay. A chance of low cost food to buy. Great benefits.

10 November 2022
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, wishing you all the best for the future!

Hard work, good money.

Hard work, good salary. You need to be organised and on the ball. Plenty of training given, and help available. You need to be prepared to work a reasonable amount of overtime. Trucks are good, and well maintained.

Pros

Plenty of discounts available

Cons

Hours can be long, not everyone up to it.

10 November 2022
Thanks for the great feedback, we'll be sure to pass it along to the management team at Salisbury. Wishing you all the best!

Absolute joke

Once you're past the first couple months they load the truck to the back doors with about 20 drops and send you on your way, only time you hear from them is when they start mithering you to hurry up because someone with 8 drops needs help. Stay away unless you like being treated like s**t

Pros

Cons

Very cliquey, management have their favourites

10 November 2022
We're really sorry to hear about your experience and that you didn't feel valued for the vital role you played within Bidfood. We're not sure when you left, but in the last few months we've started a driver forum with a driver representative from each of our depots, the main objective of these meetings is to make the driver role easier. We've also passed your comments onto the management team at Manchester to review.

Overworked and Underpaid

Although my first year working for Bidfood was great when we were all based in Royton, Oldham. The relocation to Salford was unexpected and unfortunately as a result the job role became stressful and monotonous. The commute was underwhelming and the wages was not sufficient to keep the staff happy, as alot of colleagues started to leave and the managers didn't seem to care at all.

13 October 2022
We're sorry to hear that the office relocation didn't work for you, we'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the management team. Wishing you all the best for the future!

Poor communication and planning

Work/life balance was great and salary was just ok. But the more senior drivers tend to get the easier/shorter routes and newer drivers left with the longer routes. And because you're on salary, it means you might be doing consistently more hours and finishing later than other drivers but still get paid the same, which is really unfair. So definitely favouritism going on.Also, some routes are poorly planned and too much work is put on you.

Pros

Good work/life balance (mostly early finishes and weekends off)

Cons

Poorly planned routes, too many drops put on you, senior drivers get the best routes

14 September 2022
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, we've passed your comments across to the management team at Chepstow so they can review. Wishing you all the best for the future!

Not for everyone

Loved working at Bidfood. You get some long days, the job is quite physical, which I enjoyed but it's not for everyone. The management is always there to support you anyway they can. Some lovely colleagues as well which are ready to help if you are getting behind with your deliveries. You don't get your own route, everyday it's a different place and a different vehicle which might be daunting if you are new. Salary is average in balance with the volume of work but you get some good benefits. Life/work ballance not great as you might think you finish early ( around 16:00) but your day might start anytime from 4:30 am to 6:00 am.

14 September 2022

Drivers are treated poorly

Management treat employees as just a number, it’s a closed door policy so you have to do as your told. No chance of progressing at all. There is no praise for doing the job well so the less you do the better your treated. The more you do the more you get.

11 August 2022
We're really sorry to hear about your experience and that you don't feel valued for the vital role you play within Bidfood. We have recently started a driver forum with a driver representative from each of our depots, the main objective of these meetings is to make the driver role easier. Most of the points you've raised here have been brought to senior leadership attention through the forum and are currently being looked into. We've also passed your comments onto the management team at Bicester to review.

Work you like a dog

Stay away you have been warned!!!!! They think they pay well it doesn’t cos you work for every penny of it carrying 5 bags of potato’s up 2 flights of stairs

11 August 2022
We're sorry that you don't rate your experience with us so far. If you've got any concerns about any aspects of your role, your line manager should be able to support. There's also a HR representative available at each site.

Rubbish management! Overworked! Want you to brake the law!

If you want to be over worked with no home life this is the job for you, 4am start and not getting home till nearly 8pm most days!! Also if you want to loose your license because they are making you go over your driving hours then go for it! Asking drivers to take the techno card out so the hours aren’t being recorded!! They don’t care about their drivers, as long as the orders are being delivered that’s all they care about! The management is a joke, couldn’t organise a p*** up in a brewery! Good luck if you apply to work for them! The companies a joke!

11 August 2022
We're really sorry that you didn't rate your experience with us. We have recently started a driver forum with a driver representative from each of our depots, the main objective of these meetings is to make the driver role easier. Most of the points you've raised here have been brought to senior leadership attention through the forum and are currently being looked into. Where you've stated you were asked to remove your tacho in order to complete more hours, we will absolutely be looking into this as not only do we have strict policies in place around the use of tachographs but there is also government legislation in place to protect workers. We've passed your comments on to the depot management team, but if you'd like to provide any additional information you can get in contact at Communications@bidfood.co.uk. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Great

Great place to work, fellow workers great company, management are switched on to what is happening daily, get to work do what is required of you, and the boss doesn't bother you.

10 August 2022
Thanks so much for feeding back on your positive experience, we'll make sure to pass your comments along to the management team at Lee Mill.

Very physical you’ll get bored of the at least you don’t need to go to the gym joke.

Very physical and demanding job often pushing 100+ kg cages up steep walkways which is fine if there’s 1 cage but when you have a delivery with 3+ cages can become a nightmare management is very poor.all they care about is the customers not drivers.that’s why they end up with no drivers while I worked there every other driver has a injury of some kind.I injured my wrist and was accused of lying in a interview.when I complained to management about my integrity being questioned they said it was normal wow.only positive is they’ll definitely give you a chance and the pay is good but then again your doing 2 peoples job so on that basis it’s okay pay.

11 August 2022
Thanks for stopping by. We understand that our Driver role isn't for everyone, and there's no getting away from the fact that it is fast paced - with early starts and multiple deliveries to make each day. We have recently started a driver forum with a driver representative from each of our depots, the main objective of these meetings is to make the driver role easier. Most of the points you've raised here have been brought to senior leadership attention through the forum and are currently being looked into. Where you've mentioned work place injuries, we have strict health and safety processes in place to protect our employees so we'll pass your comments onto the management team at Bicester for review. Wishing you the best of luck for the future.

Long days

Transport managers don’t work well with drivers same drives get all the big runs day in same drivers get the easy runs drivers don’t have time to train new starters

12 July 2022
Thanks for stopping by to leave your feedback. We've passed your comments on to the management team at Gateshead and wish you all the best for the future!

Be prepared for mental health problems

Welcome to the meat grinder. Typical day at bidfood chepstow is chaos, managers haven't got a clue on what their staff actually do. They cant get a basic day to day operation to run smoothly after years of doing it and change things for the worse. The absence increase due to stress is huge, the turn over rate for new staff is ridiculous as they turn to bullying tactics and pressure people into leaving. If you already suffer with mental health I would say avoid at all costs but if not keep quiet as this will be used as a weakness against you constantly. Culture can feel extremely toxic and it feels like its staff vs managers. Managers wont address individuals for any wrong doing. Same smokers taking extra smoke breaks for example which they full well know who they are yet they will tar the whole workforce with the same brush. Honestly never worked anywhere this terrible. And if you have any kind of concern or issue you wish to raise you will basically get told you know where the door is. It is what it is. And what it is, is a joke.

Pros

You get paid.

Cons

Stress, Pressure/forced to work overtime, Bullying Tactics, ZERO understanding of mental health.

12 July 2022
While we're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us, we'd like to thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your feedback. We take health and wellbeing very seriously and have recently launched our new Health and wellbeing guide, as part of our new health and wellbeing strategy, which includes lots of support and resources for employees' physical, mental, social and financial wellbeing. We also have a dedicated Health and wellbeing team who meet regularly to discuss how we can improve our health and wellbeing initiatives across the business. We've passed your comments on to the management team at Chepstow and wish you the best for the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bidfood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement