Bidvest Noonan

Correctional Officer5 reviews
United Kingdom5 reviews

bidvestcontractwageshiftstaffbadmanagersupervisor

Ok company

Ok company. My role was enjoyable. Can get busy and stress full but also get time to relax. All staff are helpfull but there were a few lazy ones but we all got on well.

Pros

Shifts

Cons

Some lazy staff

Don't do it

Terrible management who are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. This job is not your golden ticket into the police.Can be very demanding with big responsibility. Promoting an hourly rate you could find at your local shop.Experienced Staff drop like flys and get replaced with fresh faces every month.NO career progression apart from team leader which they pay you around an extra 20p.

Pros

Four days off

Cons

No shift allowance

Insights into Bidvest Noonan

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Awful Company

Noonan are the worst company I have ever worked for. Struggling with my mental health, they practically laughed in my face. Really shocking, especially since the pandemic.

Pros

The job itself was good

Cons

Management, shift work

Interesting

As a detention officer my duties involved maintaining the welfare of detained persons whilst in custody and enforcing their legal rights and entitlements. I have developed as an employee and learnt a high level of focus as well as how to interact with different types of people. Working for Noonan involves working within the custody suites of police stations, therefore the professionalism with this job is of a high standard. The management at Noonan maintain a professional standard whilst working in co ordination with other staff members. The challenges the job presents involve interacting with several different types of people in several different, sometimes hostile, situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside other detention officers, police officers and sergeants to complete the job at hand in a professional manner.

Pros

4 shifts on 4 days off

Cons

Difficult but good work co workers

It is a difficult place and environment. The management is uncaring and the pay does not reflect the difficulty of the job or resoonsibilities

Pros

None i can think of

Cons

12 hiur shift. Smelly guests. Little support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bidvest Noonan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bidvest Noonan with

Learn about Bidvest Noonan in popular locations

• Bidvest Noonan
  • Correctional Officer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?