Bidvest Noonan

Security Officer53 reviews
United Kingdom53 reviews

bidvestcontractwageshiftstaffbadmanagersupervisor

Usual large security company

Typical large security company where direct contact with levels above you is very limited (unless something unfafourable happens). Quite often understaffed so many hours are available (it depend whether it is a pro or con for you).

Pros

Enough hours if wanted.

Cons

Long Hours

Great company

Great company 👌 good management Never had any problems with payment Work is not easy lot's of standing front of house but I'm working with nice team

Insights into Bidvest Noonan

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Don't work with this company

When I had the interview they made they was the best company to work and after I started it went well the you got to see the management and the dsms true colours

We work fairly well with each other.

I am happy at my work Place and am grateful I had the opportunity to work there since 2015.The Company is good to work for if you are dedicated, a team member and you are serious with your work.

Pros

We do not get free lunches. But the staff room has kitchen facilities for our use.

Cons

I don't have an issue with working 12 hours because I Prepare myself well for that .l

Lack of help from Management

Badly paid job. Always paying different rates. Management of the poorest quality. Only met manager once in 10 months even though he promised to come each month. They do not care at all about your well being. No progression whatsoever here. Many emails sent to sort out pay still haven't sorted it out. Thank God I've left. Only good thing was the staff at lidl who helped me alot.

Shuld Prolly Juss Sleep

The business model means they have financial incentive to keep the position filled over the short-term whilst management truly do not care about the long term prospects of individual sites. If you are an honest worker you will feel penalised for actually following instructions whilst those who choose not to bother have no consequences for their actions, are paid the same as you and in some cases given extra shifts. So if you like the idea of being paid minimum wage, to be associated with juvenile, dishonest co-workers, for a management that do not care and a business model doesn’t differentiate between good or bad behaviour then this company is the place for you.

Pros

Paid correctly and on time

Cons

Multiple

I never enjoy the company

They are no good company for it management he is not good and the site they don't respect security guard and they are not helpful with management at all.

Very good company to work for.

I’ve been working for Noonan’s now for over 4 years I’m a casual working working at various sites I’ve never had a problem with them the management can be a bit lax but other than that all is good. Wages are good and always paid correctly and also paid every fortnight which is handy also.

Tough company

poor management are unhelpful pay is minimum wage long shifts terrible work life balance zero hours contract mistake on wages, couple of hundred pound missing pay query take long to resolve

Pros

lots of shifts

Headless chickens management

The only good thing is salary always being paid on time.It is gatehouse security job.One guard inside gatehouse , second guard stands outside by the gate regardless of weather conditions.

worse company ever

waste of space never get bank holiday pay right some months it double pay other months it standard rate that if you get it and are not chasing the payment

Do not recommend to anyone

Very stressful job and favouritism everywhere. Managers are only think about themselves. They do not care about staff. Do not recommend it to anyone.

Poorly managed and unorganised

Terrible induction on my first day wasn't given proper training for the role. No one had a clue what was going on, would not recommend working for this company...

Not nice people

Management and team leaders are not nice people and are clueless. They have no idea about how to treat people well or motivate them. There is a very negative atmosphere and culture.

Cons

There is no environment for work at bidvest noonan

I will leave this company soon as a security officer getting a pay rate less then the retail shop staff this is insane and disrespectful for an officer .

Brilliant workplace

Brilliant company to work for great management who work with you and help with anything that is required. Regular contact with welfare visits and training.

Bad management

No training, have to fight to get your holiday pay, work life balance is a joke. Can't put all the blame on Bidvest as these problems were here when they brought out Axis. They will also cancel your holidays at short notice and come out with rubbish that they are at full capacity and don't have enough cover guards.

Pros

Cons

Everything mentioned above

Not a good run company at all

Dreadful run company in Northern Ireland, in the retail sector.Ive worked for a few and this is by far the worst,i really dont know how they are still going in Northern Ireland

Pros

Cons

Spoke to like dirt

Worked to you drop.

Stress related work all the time. Staff are working 18hrs a day for long periods of time.Aggressive detailer.Protected by management.Work for someone else.

Pros

Paid lunch break but always on call.

Cons

Hounded by detailer.

Depending on your site you get

Not really a bad company to work but has had too many managers who don't know how to do their job never mind training their own staff. They promise you the world and treat you like dirt. Some managers haven't got much experience and just want an easy life and they don't care about your wellbeing.

Pros

No perks

Cons

Long hours and broken promises

Stay well clear

Management total waste of time .long hours uniforms are hard to get hold of. Control rings you and say you haven't done a check call .managers always seems to be changing.

Pros

Cons

Working for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bidvest Noonan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement