Bill's Restaurants

Bill's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Stressed at times

Good at times, lack of of communication, which makes job harder.Pay rate change at times. No space for growth within the company, Could get better but I doubt it will happened.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Fast paced , customer experience more important than employees welfare

I worked for the company for a few years and the reality of the meeting the requirements of the company to get bonuses are impossible. I gave my life and soul to the company and then realised that I was just a number rather than a human being. A hospitality business can not be run by a stranger in a office who has no understanding of you as a colleague or a person. Don't get me started on the expected task of re-labeling of out of date food. All because of profit before peoples health.

Pros

Day off

Cons

Un realistic targets, staff unknowingly breaking the rules of health and safety by high level management

Terrible place to work. Awful

Not only do Bills not believe in working time directives, they also do not care.Need a break on a 12 hour shift? Tough, It's too busy. Struggling with the influx of customers? Don't ask for help, you'll be accused of not being able to handle the job, while the higher ups sit in the office.Clicky, Bills? You'd better hope you can be in with the crowd, else you'll be ignored. Then put on shifts where you finish at 1am, and be expected to start again at 7am the next day.Worst place I've ever worked.

Cons

No Breaks - Missed pay - 7 hours between shifts.

Service charge

I only briefly worked for Bills (Brighton) and despite the fact the entire team (management included) were all very friendly, I would not recommend working there. The major reason for this is down to the service charge. To my understanding, the Brighton branch is one of few Bills that include service charge on there bill. This service charge is NOT given to the staff. It goes back into the company and I consider this to be theft from the customer and to the employees. Aside from that it was a reasonable place to work.

Pros

Free meals, Friendly staff

Cons

Disorganised, Untrustworthy, low pay

Horrible place to work at

I definitely recommend avoiding working at Bill's. The management is dismissive of the needs and requests of their workers, they will overwork you regardless of your availability. The workers don't treat each other with respect and no one works as a team - there is no communication between the staff so there are always misunderstandings and important tasks being forgotten about. Even if they tell you that you will earn tips, you won't. This place charges for service yet none of it goes to the front-of-house staff.

Pros

gain experience

Cons

long hours, overworked, bad management, drama, no tips

Amazing place to work

Free food, Free coffee.Brilliant manager and friendly hardworking team.Open til late but you won’t be expected to work the morning unless you want to.Attracts nice customers

Pros

Good teamwork

Good place

Depends of the day can have cons as well overall good place to work for. Fun staff good managment nice team work between foh and boh, however when they change CEO from lots of benefit they offer they remove everything even caffe suppose to be pay.

Workplace

Worst place to work. Friendly staffs. Very hot area especially in the washing up during the summer. Very good foods to eat. Never get paid rise. Don't work on sunday morning, it's hard work.

Awful company to work for

They do not care about staff. Pack out the restaurant during the pandemic seating everyone next to eachother. All about money for them and the well being of their staff is the last of their worries. They do NOT get the service charge but are forced to tell guests they do.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, expected to close at night and open early morning

Nothing special

Place it’s nice to sit and eat ,but to work there it’s a different story,company it’s taking most of the money waiter’ earns,you have more duties than it’s written in your contract and even complains to head office don’t help

Pros

Free lunch if you woke6.5 hrs only

Cons

You have to do all/clean toilets etc cause of”Covid”

Jobs at Bill's Restaurants

See more jobs

Production

Use to be good now they don't pay extra hours and not enough labour management and executive are not there to support you at all .they expect for you to work for free

Cons

Work for free don't pay you extra hours

Absolutely zero work-life balance

Great colleagues within the restaurant however there’s a total lack of top level management.Absolutely zero-work life balance, working most late nights, evenings and every single weekend for minimum wage.

Pros

Free meal on shift

Cons

Low wages, no work life-balance, unable to consider employees grievances.

It had ups and downs

It's a place with a bad management in all levels. It's very stressful and they don't treat people fairly. Very understaffed most of the time people just come and go.

Pros

Free meals, uniform

Cons

Long hours, stress, sexism, incompitance

It was a beautiful experience of working.

Making mew friends and met new people. Practiced English language. Learned new works and made experience. I was in contact with different people every day and never had problems with anyone.

This company bullies staff, please stay away at all costs.

The on-site staff are great, most GM’s AGM’s are fun to work with too (on most sites I’ve found this)Something that is very misleading is the service charge, I was with the company for 18 months. Received 0 service charge and maybe 17 tables in 20 paid 100% of this. Don’t get it twisted they say that you get a percent of service charge but you don’t, they use it to pay your wages as “tronc.” Not great for someone who is hoping to get extra dollar from tips. You do however get to keep cash tips. It got to the point if customers asked if we received the tip, we would be truthful and tell them no.However, more senior management and head office are where it goes south for me. CONSTANT cut of labour costs with complete disregard for management when we eventually speak up. They tell you to “get on with it like everyone else is” They cut and cut, expect you to work with bare minimal staff. This results in slower service, complaints, lack of managing the shift from managers because you are busy serving tables, breaks being put on the back burner because it’s busy and potential mistakes with food orders by the waiter because they’re tired, overworked, and their rushing because they’ve got too many tables to handle. YET expect you to score 100% on mystery diners? And if you don’t.. less than 80% you get sacked yes you heard right.. sacked. Ive seen it happen 3 times in the space of 3 months(prior to furlough). They put pure fear in staff members and who wants to go to work wondering if they’ll still have the job by the end of their shift?? Waiters are stretched to the limit with more -

Pros

Free lunch, on a restricted menu

Cons

Everything on the above.

Could be better

Worked for Bills in 2014 Overall the brand needs work and I dont see it surviving past the next two years. Positives: Was a good wage as a waiter Lovely team Some good things on the menu Wine tasting was great Our area manager rebecca should I say “manager” couldnt direct p*ss into a bucket Bill visited our store on

Good

Great place to work and good team. Sometimes a bit understaffed and service charge is being a nightmare. Shame they didn’t follow the original idea and thyme.

No advancement/employee incentives

The company takes your service charge, and puts it into supplementing your salary, so it is more difficult to make tips, and you end up far more out of pocket. There are very few incentives to improve and go the extra mile from head office, as with most large chain restaurants, it’s about the bottom line. The staff just don’t seem valued by those above, but the team you work with are on the whole very good. Flexibility is dependent on the contemporary management.

Pros

Good people on the whole

Cons

Wage, service charge, employee incentives, hours, breaks.

Great team and work style

Bill's was a great employer, providing proper training and a great working environment. You would get great quality food on shift which was a huge plus.

productive and fun

I loved working at Bills in two different branches. Both branches were very busy and intense, however I learnt a lot in my time and would recommend working at Bills.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Lost key values and all respect for loyal employees.

Have lost the key values which the company was founded on. The culture that developed strong management and Headoffice team no longer exists . It feels like the company no longer cares about the team or quality. Have lost a lot of strong managers over the years and training standards have reduced. This has resulted in the brand and core values which made the company great no longer... followed.

Pros

Hard to find in the current structure

Cons

Lack of direction. Unfair inconsistent treatment. Good quality diminished.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bill's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement