Bio Products Laboratory

Bio Products Laboratory Employee Reviews

Hard working enthusiastic work force with exciting future. Training and career development opportunities. Cross departmental training opportunities. BPL
Do not go there because they try to employ a lot of people and get rid of the ones they don't like in 3 weeks. My advice is for anyone going there is please DO NOT QUIT YOUR PREVIOUS JOB NOT YET until you feel accepted which could still be a wrong choice.
Pros
Good and friendly colleagues
Cons
Poor management and a brutal HR and very poor training system as you tend to do DIY
I enjoyed working at Bio Products Laboratory. The people are very friendly, there are definitely opportunities to move on further due to the amount of departments at the site. The site is huge and there is a great form of communication between departments.
Pros
Free Coffee and Canteen offers delicious food
Cons
You have to wait one year, in order to move to a different department if you are an internal applicant.
Good place to work and amazing co- workers who stand by you when things go wrong. It has its own pros and cons but I enjoyed my time at bpl. Great food at the canteen.
Terrible management, very disorganised and no career progression. I worked at BPL for two years and worked hard to progress my career and learn as much as possible. Appropriate training was non-existent and you are left largely to learn the job entirely by yourself, even when fully trained, the company is reluctant to progress you forward. The workload is very high for the salary that they offer, especially for newcomers who have to largely learn the job themself. I would not recommend BPL to anyone looking for a career in Pharmaceuticals.
Having been at BPL for over a year I feel forced to move on. It's a tough job to do, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The company seems more interesting in profits rather than employee well being which makes it a difficult environment to work in
Pros
Good work, company has potential
Cons
Management, workload, tough shift pattern and a lack of support
Training is none existent. leadership is very poor. Its very low payed within the pharmaceutical sector. Staff are not disciplined for breaking procedures. I can only speak as to how I was treated, but it was very poor and as I've worked within the pharmaceutical industry for many years I was shocked at some of the blatant disregard for following procedures.
Pros
Decent shift pattern
Cons
Poor leadership, poor training and no discipline.
People who work here are really passionate about the organisation and realise that our products can save lives. Due to the age of the site, we do face technical difficulties but really believe in the new management and the way the business is moving forward
Pros
teams, working environment
Cons
Age of site/facilities
TERRIBLE, racist and spiteful management. They don't listen to anyone. Abuse the system and ruin departments killing all progression. Working hours are terrible, if you have any complaints to HR they will side with your manager without even hearing your case. if you begin working here, you are immediately on the clock! get out as soon as possible.
Pros
good people work here
Cons
MANAGEMENT + Salary
Good reward package, pension, life assurance etc. Pleasant place to work. Relaxed working atmosphere. Management very approachable. Subsidised restaurant. Free parking.
Lavorare in BPL è stato davvero stimolante, poichè ho potuto imparare moltissime nuove tecniche di analisi, migliorare le mie conoscenze pratiche e teoriche, mettermi in gioco, anche prendendo le redini di progetti di una certa entità. Ho migliorato l'inglese e le mie capacità di esposizione di concetti scientifici. Ho sviluppato doti di project planning, project management e problem solving. Gli orari di lavoro flessibile e gli straordinari pagati in forma di ore di vacanza hanno reso l'esperienza lavorativa davvero piacevole.
• Maintaining the clean room to an exceptional level of cleanliness. • Performing maintenance and disinfecting of machinery. • Transferring of products into sterile operations. • Liaising with Clients regarding orders and delivery times • Operating machines
The best part of my job is the people I work directly with. They are friendly and supportive in many ways. Bpl is moving in a new direction bringing in a lot of new staff and promoting others within. This can be challenging when people make the step up and this works well a lot of the time. All new staff are employed on a 24/7 shift which can be a challenge in itself due to the continuous changing of peoples sleeping patterns.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Working hours
No two days were the same at BPL . Days would vary and could involve attending meetings about product supply issues and dealing directly with customers over their product availability concerns, working cross-functionally with production, finance, medical, R&D, etc departments, NHS contracting, discussing issues and making decisions with customer services supervisor, attending project meeting (e.g. CRM development), writing reports,discussing sales team issues with RBMs. I learned that several heads were always better than one when it was necessary to provide solutions to sometimes very difficult situations. A silo management mentality existed when I joined BPL but this improved over the years as the organisation had to increasingly operate on a commercial footing. Some excellent co-workers across the organisation but especially in sales & marketing department. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the impact product supply issues had on customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with some very talented people.
Pros
Holiday entitlement
Cons
A great deal of driving throughout the UK
Well I work in manufacturing on a rotating shift basis so it deals with organizing everything for producing a batch on a normal day with your team. Team work ,handling pressure, meeting production targets, process continuous improvement are some of the key skills I gained in this role. The management keeps changing so lot of changes in work culture but pressure to meet targets with existing technology. Good hardworking co workers. Hardest part of job is working in shifts and lot of cleaning involved in clean room management. Making sure GMP is maintained throughout. Most enjoyable part is working with a great team and making product that save patient lives.
My role included daily Aseptic filling activities of Blood Plasma Products, running and size setting of all Aseptic Filling Lines, running of Ancillary Equipment, including, Autoclaves, and washers, aseptic cleaning of filling and surrounding areas, working to a very tight schedule, and ensuring all work was to a cGMP Standard
I work in a shift Saturday to Wednesday. BPL brings me GMP competences
BPL is a great working place, The shifts are not so great as they are double shifts. It used to be an NHS company but just been made private.
Pros
free tea
Cons
no bus to get there