Bionical Solutions

Insights into Bionical Solutions

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Community working with a lot of driving

A typical day would include a 7am start at the patients place of residence. You’ll have your electrical equipment phone, tablet so you can log everything or call the office if need be. You’ll be there to disconnect, connect or set up a patients dialysis therapy. Depending on the patient they might like you or they might not which depends on how smooth the job goes. There are morning or nights shifts sometimes both in one day as the company runs from 7-10pm and patients need covering. I had a few bad reviews from clients reporting to me as a new HCA. Expenses aren’t paid in full or at all in my case which include; mileage, congestion charge and training expenses. Quite a physical job so you’ll need to be physically fit. The office can dump work on you last minute wherever that might be. One particular office staff was rude to me despite me still being new learning the ropes.

Pros

Claim expenses/electronic equipment/independent working

Cons

Long hours/confusion/last minute work added to rota

Very stressful

They don't listen to your concerns, change the legislation after you start and ignore your issues or concerns. Management don't listen or care about your personal world life balance. Unrealistic expectations and travel distance.

Pros

Cons

Pretrol mileage is far too low at 20p per mile and other companies is 45p per mile

Awful company to work for

This company is awful to work for. The rota team have their favourites and never listen to any concerns. Patients are lovely and so is the role. But no support, no one listens, don't know who is doing what, have ripped me off withy monthly salary. So this month I have had no wages. People always leaving. Avoid.....

Pros

Patient's and job role

Cons

Lack of support, help and stress....

Excellent company to work for even though I was only there a short time

I enjoyed what time I worked at the company but had to leave due to personal commitments. The longer I did not work the more confidence I was losing

Pros

Choose own hour’s

Cons

Worked remotely so unable to comment on working environment

Worked on COVID-19 study which was great to be a part of , I was kept up to date well with team meeting every morning and helplines set up for throughout the working day. Weekly payments were prompt every week so long as timesheets in on correct date, sadly contract was cut short through no fault of study workers , however enjoyed the experience as the job was perfect for my experience in healthcare and I.T.

Pros

Each day was new and different visits.

Cons

Working round participants meant going early in the morning and sometimes late evening

Terrible

Awful place to work. No progression. No respect. working on the same old project every day. No room for improvement, even when there were promises of progression and training, it never happened.

Frustrating company to work for!!!

I took a zero hours contract and I was promised a minimum of 2 shifts per week, but NOT guaranteed. I did all the training that was required, and I thought then I would get a few shifts. I had to wait for shifts to come through, and I was shadowed. It took two months to get my 3 shadow shifts, so that I could then be signed off to work alone. I wish I had not of bothered with this company, as it just wasted my time, waiting and waiting for work. It would be a nice company to work for if they took you on a proper contract. I can see why they don't, as there is hardly any work. They also have so many computer systems, i.e one for expenses, time sheets, payslips, email etc, you need a flowchart to submit your time sheet. It makes life so stressful, I have been a temporarily work for a few years and I have never had a system so frustrating. I have still not been paid for some of the training and a shadow shift I have done and I have not been paid for my expenses, which I have complained about on numerous times. Unfortunately I gave up in the end and found myself another temp job with better stable hours.

Pros

Very flexable

Cons

Zero hours, non payment of training work hours & expenses, too many systems.

Exciting place to work

I’m a Nurse Manager for Bionical, I work with a fantastic team whom I am proud to work alongside. I fell supported by my manager, I’ve received lots of professional development and have a career pathway mapped out within the organisation I have enjoyed working at Bionical from the very first day, currently with lots of new services in our future, it’s exciting!

Bionical are a fantastic company to work for, with their primary focus on the patient experience. The head office staff are always friendly, approachable and professional and I would recommend Bionical as a place to work. I am lucky to work alongside some great colleagues on a team that adds real value to patients and to the NHS. I have a role I find challenging and rewarding and feel well supported by my manager and senior management. I enjoy my job and am pleased to have opportunities to develop my skills and my career within the company.

Fantastic place to work, great career development.

I have worked for Bionical for the last 3 years. Its a great place to work with a really friendly approachable atmosphere. Senior managers are really supportive and help massively with career development. A company that is passionate about patient care, and looks after its nurses so they can provide the best possible patient experience. I have never worked anywhere where there is such an emphasis on the patient care, as a nurse, its a breath of fresh air!

Supportive and a job I can honestly say is excellent

Excellent place to work, honesty, enjoyable work, I get to travel and have the privilege of visiting patients in their own homes Management are open and easy to converse with, excellent training provided and the support I receive is invaluable

Excellent patient focussed company who really look after their staff

Bionical really is a great place to work, I have nothing but posititve expieriences from working here. There is great job satisfaction with the quality of services we are offering for our patients. At Bionical I feel that I am listened to by managers and senior managers, if changes in practice are required and then these are swiftly implemented and supported, which in my previous roles has not been the case. The office is in a great central location in the UK and when attending the office everyone is really friendly and inclusive. The company is growing really quickly and there are lots of oppertunities for progression. Ive worked at bionical as a nurse for 18 months now following working for 2 other companies (a pharma company and a medical device company) over the last 6 years, prior to which I worked as an accident and emergency nurse within the NHS.

Toxic company

Any nurse that values themselves as a professional practitioner should absolutely not go anywhere near this place Many have left due to their blame culture and disrespectful behaviour. They come across as nice genuine staff but don’t be fooled. Work there at your peril

reasonable place to work

typical private company working on tender contracts - little to no loyalty when they cant deliver on promises that won the business Started off well then tapered out

Creating Single Page applications for the Doctors using EMIS Access

I created two pieces of integration with EMIS medical records nationally. The first one is a clinical decision making system fro triage at the surgery level. The second was the NHS End Of Live Register form for EMIS to be in line with NHS requirements.

Pros

Excelent team work

Cons

Noe at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bionical Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bionical Solutions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?