Blackstar Security

Working at Blackstar Security: 22 Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews

Easy to apply, easy work, average pay 9.5

It's easy to apply. they have video interview. they might call you to explain you the next steps about submitting documents. they use parim app. you can choose your shifts. the app shows the duty time, pay rate and the notes contain the instructions. Your work may need you to stand for long hours with our without breaks.

Pros

zero hour contract, easy work

Cons

long hours, travel time to work, not a lot of work available

Incorrect pay

Starting pay hourly is £9.30 not £10 Hourly rate needs reviewing.Communication between staff and manager is great and easy to get in touch with them with any questions I have.

Pros

Regular hours

Cons

Monthly pay

Insights into Blackstar Security

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

Great, trustworthy, honest company

Blackstar is a great company to work for, I would/do recommend them all day long. From choice of where to work to choosing how many hours you want to work blackstar will always do their best to adhere to your choices. Meet some great people to work with, no day is the same. Management are approachable, friendly and easy to talk to. Great company 👍Great management 👍Great colleagues 👍Fantastic job 👍Pay on time every month 👍

No breaks

It used to be good company before but due to poor management all staff left.they only employ people during seasonal football matches they dont have permanent positions.

Pros

Long hours less payment

Cons

Less hours jobs

Best security company in Manchester

They are supportive, understanding and really do value you as an employee. No matter how busy they may be with new contracts they will always take the time out to listen to you make you feel heard. I’ve met some great employees through out my employment. Pay is always on time, no uniform deductions and always opportunities for overtime. They use a great app which helps you track your hours and payments and it also offers chance to apply for other work they may have available.

Pros

Great management team.

Schools stadiums and events

Professional work place , friendly management and staff very helpful flexible and understanding Payment in time , I highly recommend this company . 👍🏻👍🏻

Very good company I recommend people to work with blackstar

i like this company i would recommend it for people who working as student and want some extra money then blackstar will help them by working with them on SIA license you can earn monthly between £900 to £1200 on part time shifts

Pros

fully flexible, Holiday pay

Cons

It would be grateful if the salary rise to £10 per hour

Place of excellence

It's a nice place to work if d schedule of work is first come first served, not that some people got work before you got and your schedule will never be accepted on parim

great place to work

As a door supervisor I was responsible for the safety and security of customers and staff in venues such as pubs, bars, nightclubs and other licensed premises or at public events. I spend most of my time at the premises' entrance, checking the suitability of people coming in. This may involve checking that the person is not underage or carrying any harmful substances or objects, such as drugs or weapons. In some cases, I was also checking that customers' attire meets the required dress code for the venue or event. To succeed in this role, I had to make sure I had excellent communication and interpersonal skills, A polite and courteous manner and a good level of physical fitness.

great company to work for

wages pay on time caring bosses help you if need help 28 days holidays including bank holidays a year understanding if you need time off for personal reasons

Flexible

flexible work when you need it with competitive pay, however, there was often a lot of waiting around which suggests the organisation wasn't the best.

Pros

free lunch, flexibility

Cons

lots of waiting around

Worst company I ever worked for

Bad communication Disorganized Cancellation of shifts over the sudden without notification Do not pay for extra time No respect and devalue their staff They end contract without notification Never stick to their promises Never replies to messages, emails or calls They pay to late every 15th of the month and if you even worked before that they try to delay the latest shifts until the 15th of the 2nd month which literally takes 2 months to pay. simply they try to play with the wording and the system to delay payment which is so frustrating. They want you to travel so far and do not pay fuel, parking and no free transport too. I do not really recommend this bad company to anyone so keep away of such subcontractors who only look for money and have no respect for staff

Pros

NONE at all

Cons

All in all is bad

bad

recently i apply for a job working with them the management was rde and selfish and all. I also claiming travel expressive against them. they are rde on emails and all

Fun and enjoyable work place

It was a good work enviroment, also staff and colleuges are very friendly. The hardest part of the job was to deal with drunk and violent people but thats part of the job.

fun workplace

A very nice place to work, people are friendly, flexible hours and a very good management. i will recommend anyone to have a go, trust me you wont regret

Pros

free transport

Cons

short hours

The people working within Blackstar security are generally wonderful people to work with. people with good intentions doing significant, valuable work, I would recommend anyone for this job.

Pros

free lunch

enjoyable

mix array of events.. working along side the public at different venues. Each day brought a new task and challenge. Working along side the public can be rewarding

Pros

different tasks

Great team

Brilliant company to work for the management do there best to ensure the staff get what they need.I would recommend anyone wanting work in the security industry to apply with Blackstar security

easy going,but zero hour is a downfall

Overall it was good to work but not friendly or considerate of your situations,however the hours provided are not goof either and often a lot of travelling is needed.

Fun workplace

Company values it's employees and they really focus on providing quality customer service to their customers. its a good company to start a career as a Door supervisor or security guard.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Payment is not very good, they pay minimum wage

Challenging and rewarding

A typical day at work consists of providing excellent customer service to customers in order to ensure satisfaction and maintaining customer safety. I have learnt how to prioritise tasks and how to deal with aggressive situations effectively. The hardest part of the job would be the hours as this can be quite tiring, however I find the customer interactions the most enjoyable and reward myself when we get repeat satisfied customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackstar Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement