Bloc Hotels

Bloc Hotels Employee Reviews

Great place would recommend

Got started with the company and within 2 weeks I'd settled in to a nice routine.Can't fault the job or the clients we are always having to deal with.

Loved to be part of the team

Amazing company to work, good management, room for progression and incentives, summer parties, welcoming staff and management, rota schedule given in advance meaning you can plan your life commitments.The only thing I could “improve” is to have security staff at night shifts.

Pros

Bonus, perks, summer party

Challenging but fun

Best company I’ve worked at so far, great team and good environment overall. It’s a family owned and managed company and they really make you feel like you’re part of the family

Poor management

I agree with other reviewers, there are issues with two faced people in this company. The pay is bad and the managers do what they want, when they want. Nobody seems to know what theyre doing and team members that are complained about get promoted. Many late finishes and early starts.

Pros

Company parties

Cons

No company ethics, poor management, bad pay, demanding shift patterns, poor work life balance for any manager and some team members

Fun Workplace

I made very good friends there and enjoyed the buzz from working within a busy airport.

I had a lot of fun, but the workload was uneven

A typical day would start at 08:00 am, our supervisor would have already allocated the rooms to clean. I learned that the management wanted to be fast, but I am a human, not a robot. I had to do 3 rooms per hour which was impossible especially when in the weekends a single room took about 15 minutes only to collect the rubbish! The colleagues were great, always helping if I needed it, and always helped when asked. The hardest part was to fit into the 3 rooms per hour - if you manage your rooms precisely - it is possible, BUT not all the time.Also there were days with no work, so instead of rellocating me I stayed without work. Well I am a bit of a clean freak, so just seeing the room clean and tidy again was very enjoyable.

Pros

I got to listen and sing music during working hours

Cons

Speed of light fast paced

Poor management and little clicks to get you in trouble.

I’ve heard a lot of bad things about the staff in Gatwick. 2 faced No humour If you have a laugh it’s on there terms or you get sacked. They make up reasons to dismiss you based on nothing. They try make you be a different person to your real personality. Management can’t say whatever they like though. Only 1 good manager and that’s the woman who’s been there the longest.

Pros

Free stays

Cons

Shift work and you can’t be bubbly

Good Experience

Working for the BLOC has been such a good experience for me and I'm very pleased to say that I have been treated with respect and care, it has also helped me a lot with building my passion for the job title I'm currently doing. Overall the BLOC has been an excellent company to work for.

Welcoming, Accommodating, Fun and Friendly Place to Work

One of the only companies I have ever worked for where they actually encourage progression and promotion. From the moment you are hired, they encourage your personal development and are always on hand to help with any queries, or plans that you may have for the future. The company is welcoming and has a very familial feel to it. Nobody is too big or too small within the company; Even the Directors take the time to get to know you. Everybody is approachable, and are always happy to help with anything you need. As they are building new hotels, we are offered the opportunity to choose our career path, and helped in every way possible to reach our goals. New hotels also mean more job prospects for the future, and plenty of opportunities to move around within the company. The hotel and Team are very well managed and regular training is offered to anybody who needs it. The management team are approachable regarding any issues, and genuinely care for your well being. Everybody in the team gets along famously, and nobody is ever made to feel left out. Overall a genuinely enjoyable place to work :)

Pros

Free Stay Every Year, Bonuses for good work

Great culture and pay

Worked here for just over a year and really enjoyed it all. There is a culture of fairness, individuality and everyone is very friendly. The pay is good, better than other hotels in area. I had to leave due to relocating further away but would go back to Bloc when they open new hotels. Management good everyone treated well, career opportunities are great because they promote from inside. I was promoted twice in a year. Most enjoyable is the friendly team and events the company put on. The bonus is nice too.

Pros

good pay, bonus, discounts at shops and restaurants, career options

Cons

shift work

Poor management

Don’t joke around with other members of staff as they will put in complaints about you. your never told if a customer complains about you which is important so you can review your customer service skills. Management don’t handle issues between staff properly. Often other team members would fall asleep while serving customers or take extra unauthorised breaks to sleep.

Pros

Salary amazing

Busy Environment

Busy hotel checking guests in and out at night, taking payments and dealing with any issues on shift. The hotel actually got more popular as time went on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloc Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement