BLOK N MESH

BLOK N MESH Employee Reviews

Still working here looking for another job

Still working for them. Job was great until a planning department was invented. Now everyday is a nightmare. Total unrealistic work target's. Constant abuse from customers. And very low pay with no increase since starting 3 year's ago.

Pros

Cons

Lots of heavy lifying

Absolute joke.

From the very top of the company it's driven by greed, expecting the maximum work and effort from the workforce but for the minimum of outlay, 2 years without a pay rise so you end up just above minimum wage. Staff turn over throughout the company is ridiculous, from management down, so many people have come and gone, terrible old fashioned attitude which doesn't fit in modern society.

Pros

Cons

Everything thats bad in a company, this one has it.

Good work colleagues

Easy job seldom have a lunch break as too busy , so they are stealing an hour a day from us. Drivers and yard staff are not appreciated . They do provide PPE

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Poor pay

Awful place to work the management don’t care about their staff they are treated poorly and expected to work in dangerous high winds and freezing cold temperatures in a tent off the Tyne.

Shady company with no morals

No training.... Poor pay... Poor H & S... Dock wages if you are late.... No incentive.... Dirty...... High turnover of staff and legal action from ex employees.

Productive and fun workplace

The working environment is both fun, but challenging and productive. I've learnt a lot and the company philosophy is to give opportunities to people who work hard - which is great!

Bad company

Never work for this company u have been warned really bad company

Pros

Cons

Everythink

Sacked for no reason

You be working in quite a dull boring atmosphere weekly wages and if ur lucky they might not post for your u job in the same week you started you will not get proppa training that’s if they give u a chance to complete your training ,waste of time ,joke of a company

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

No Canteen, wasted my time

Dull Atmosphere

Initially I thought the workplace are a close-knit group. I’ve made friends here but the office is very small and lacks the motivational atmosphere that you need in sales. There is never recognition or competitions/rewards so you tend to just float along. I’m now seeking a role which does challenge me more and has the option to progress along with commission.

Pros

Simple work

Cons

Lack of challenge, undervalued, dull atmosphere

Hard and unsafe work

When working at BLOK N MESH, I spoke realised that the work being carried out was not being done as safely as possible. The work was vigorous and the health and safety regulations were not all being seen out.

Cons

Long hours, hard work, unsafe

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BLOK N MESH?

good place to start

good place to start work as welder and get some experience because they employ everyone and job is easy. Management is ok but health and safety is really bad.

Pros

good place to gain experience

Cons

health and safety

Productive and friendly workplace

I have been here for one month now. I am surprised to see any negative reviews because my experience so far has only been positive. The staff here are friendly and welcoming and a lot of the staff have been here many years which is indicative that it must be a good place to work. I have heard rumours that there has been a lot of changes (for the better) over the last 14months regarding the way the business is being run and I am assisting the Management with improving the business even further. I would highly recommend working here.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Small car park

hard dirty graft

hard work unprofessional staff / management dirty work senior management made to do dirty menial tasks pay scale not great no company perks / incentives

Ok wage

I did like the job but the hours where not suitable for me and on a half 2 till 11 at night shift the breaks where not so good and I struggled getting to and from work the good thing about the job was that it was weekly wage and that it was closer to home?

Pros

Weekly wage

Cons

Hours were not suitable for me

Good Company

I found it was a Great Comopany but its time to move on with in Blok N Mesh. I have enjoyed my time there and learnt alot on the job

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Na

basic

typical metal fabrication workplace, very repetitive work and not much opportunity for development. very cold in the winter with no heating

Pros

friendly enviroment

Cons

repetative

its a workplace

not a very nice place to work, very over bearing staff, great fellow workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLOK N MESH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3