Bloomberg

Bloomberg Employee Reviews for Data Analyst

Great culture - low salary, somewhat progression, good benefits a bit longer hours, but you get used to as the environment is very relaxed and you have time to catch up and meet new colleagues
Title is misleading because you don't perform analysis in your day-to-day role. Much time is spent supporting vendors with answering questions and sourcing data online. Once you've proven yourself you get to work on bigger projects and if you want to become a team leader in the future you need to prove you can successfully do agile project management. The workplace culture is boring, depends on the team, my team never went for lunch or after work drinks.
Pros
Free food, work from home, health benefits
Cons
Long hours, no career opportunities, inexperienced middle management
High turnover, with the best seeming to be the ones that leave, in the London data department. Likely due to poor work life balance, with 10+ hour days the required minimum, and micromanaging and shallow managers and team leaders.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
long work hours, little room for advancement, micromanagement, no flexibility
Overall I enjoyed working at Bloomberg, as I learnt a lot of very useful technologies and it was a great opportunity to work on the Terminal. My team was great and very open-minded, very approachable, which enhanced my development. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I saw my contribution on the Terminal published and the value it brought to clients.
Pros
great atmosphere to work, learning and developkment opportunities, responsibility from the start
Cons
the opportunities for career progression are quite vague
Excellent culture, very supportive. Easygoing environment, many working hours. Many different projects across the company. Lots of colleagues from Europe. Very young and dynamic environment, full of new ideas. Many extra courses via Bloomberg university.
Pros
Free food