Bloor Homes logo
Bloor Homes

Bloor Homes Employee Reviews

2.9
Work-life balance

Work was boring but the pay was regular

The Management of the site was done mainly by the men because they were competent to do so, The site manage was only young and green and needed the help, my only gripe was how he finished me.I assessed what was left and came to the conclusion that he may have to release some men and went to the site manager to say if I was to be let go could you at least give me 2/3 days notice to which he agreed then on Friday released me with an hour to go to finishing time so giving me no opportunity to get a start for Monday, otherwise the job was ok.

na

Most of the girls that work at bloor are helpful and want you to get on in the company its the senior sales manager that has the problem, in the region I was place.

Pros

na

Cons

Na

Great money but highly stressful environment and you earn every penny. Long hours and highly pressured. Management very old school and always looking to find fault rather than to give praise. Quick to make examples of people and belittle them publicly. They do not like anyone who creates waves, or speaks out.

Pros

Salary is very good

Cons

Long hours, constant stress, bullying management

Ok place to work

Ok place to work but from what I experienced in the Tewkesbury office, it’s very click-y, managers stick together and I found it to be uncomfortable. The marketing managers attitude negatively affected the office but after complaints by other staff, nothing was done. I found emails from my manager to other staff talking about myself which I feel is very unprofessional. No real progression.

Pros

Nice office space

friendly place to work

Bloor value each and every member of their staff, shared bonus scheme too. Large comfortable modern building with adequate meeting rooms and zoom access.

Stressful and pushy selling

Micro managed. Unpleasant pushy management. Very stressful role. Well paid but you definitely earn it. Turnover of staff is high. Treated like children and watched constantly. No independent decision making. Very career driven management constantly trying to prove their position. Good training. Could be a great job if not for management.

Well paid, short working hours, unsociable shifts.

Good basic and commission structure, 9.45-5 working hours are nice. Difficult to have a social life while working 3 out of 4 weekends + payback days.

Constantly pressured and never rewarded for hard work

This company will use you and tell you what you want to hear for the duration of the build on the site you start work for them on ,but when that comes to a end they make no plans for you to go elsewhere and either ask you to travel totally unreasonable distances to another site or ask you to do another role, for example a forklift driver was asked to work as a labourer (he was nearly 60) . And as for the actual labourers they just somehow manage to avoid telling you anything until the LAST minute I actually didn't mind working for them, it was the way I was treated at the end of a build that I thought was TOTALLY inconsiderate

Poor Management/Office Politics

They need to sort out their poor management and office politics issues before using people below management to make a stand or point. Lots of people leaving probably due to this reason.

fun

typical day at work would be to put the bricks out ready for the builders then to get the morter out. it was pretty fast paced but you did have times where it was relaxed

Jobs at Bloor Homes

See more jobs

Great fun

Make sure induction are made that workers understand what is required by your organization good ethics team leadership Communication is a big thing that workers understand what is required by your organization and safety certificate up dated

Great to begin with...

Stripped me of staff resources at critical time of year, making it impossible to succeed without being over loaded & working late every day, this due to group cost saving practices and change of management. ruined a job for me that I used to love.

Great money, awful culture and work life balance

Worked as a site manager. Company has a cold atmosphere compared to other large housebuilders I've worked for. Senior management constantly micro manage you, spend more time dealing with director and senior manager visits than being able to do your job. Have to order all your own materials as no buyers. Supply chain not geared up to deliver on materials requisitioned. Place massive pressure and strain on managers and site teams, consistently have to work through your break just to catch up on paper work and emails. Not enough hours in a day to do what they expect of you. Horrible culture and atmosphere. Ruthless outlook, they are trying to become a high speed volume builder doing over 50 a year per site but want to try and keep their 5 star rating from when they did 30 units a year per site. Everyone knows quality and speed are at opposite ends of the scales in most industries. Money and benefits are fantastic, but no amount of money is worth the stress, pressure and way you are made to feel.

Pros

Wages and benefits are industry top end

Cons

Ling hours, huge pressure, micro managing senior managers, ruthless blame culture

Very unpreductive company very unorganized

Nothing was ever ready when needed job demanded a lot from a general site labourer i.e to fix trades sloppy workmanship the site manager was abitbof a bully to be honest with most employees

Pros

Monthly bonus

Cons

Bad workmanship

The company could be so good but it falls short

Family-run company, where the CEO truly believes that the company can and should be the best in the industry. Should be an amazing company to work for, but sadly, they have fallen into the trap of trying to mimic the corporate structure of the PLC's which has meant adopting the out-dated procedures and aggressive sales culture that comes with it. They should just focus on the REAL 'Bloor Difference' - family - treating people as they themselves would wish to be treated.

Enjoyable

Hard Work but very rewarding in all areas. good social events with all staff included. MD's door open to discuss any concerns. Pension contributions are pleasantly high.

Pros

free parking

Pleasant

As a bricklayer on site I feel that the company Bloor Homes was comfortable to work with and my overall experience there was nice. Would recommend their services to others.

They were inspiring

They have a lot of employees that are hard working and enjoy what they do, it’s a shame I missed out on my chance because of the way the universe works. Anyone who works with the company will be sure to have good individuals that work hard.

Pros

Hard working, good people, always a smile!

Cons

That I couldn’t make it to work with the travel

Productive work place

I had a good time at bloor homes it was a very prodctuive work place and I would referr anyone to work there, the people are really nice and everyone gets along

Pros

Kind people

Cons

Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloor Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8