Blow Ltd

• Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Nice and easy

Overall good!I’ve been with Blow for only 2 weeks and i have to say it is good the way the app works and jobs come through which you can accept or not depending on other commitments. However i do feel like i get bombarded with a-lot of emails with lists of other jobs that are on different days/ times that i have set available i can sometimes get about 4 text messages or emails in a day asking if anyone can do these jobs. I actually received a phone call the other day asking if my availability was set correctly and was being questioned if i could do a job on a day that i had booked out. So they do make out that its “flexible” and you can work when you want but seem to be emailing and messaging to still see if you can do other jobs alot! I have actually replied TWICE to these emails offering to do other jobs and never received a reply or confirmation back to say that i can do it so it seems a bit pointless? There did seem to be alot of expenses at the start i had to buy a lot of PPE and Kerastase products for my kit. They also only provide you with 1 t-shirt as uniform for work which if your doing it full time definitely wouldn’t be enough!As i don’t drive i do find it exhausting lugging all my equipment around and do find it stressful having to get places on time and sometimes have to find somewhere to wait before hand as theres not enough time to go home. Overall i haven’t had much trouble theres maybe a lack of booking requests for me down South London, i’ve had 7 jobs in 2 weeks maybe could do with more but clients seem really lovely and very welcoming! The money -

Pros

Lovely clients

Cons

Low money for lots of effort

1 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, it’s great to hear you enjoy the flexibility of accepting bookings when it works for you! My name is Georgia and I'm the Supply Manager at blow LTD. Over the past few months we have seen lots of growing demand for our nail category and, in conjunction with this we are rolling out new initiatives for our nail technicians. Thank you for your feedback on the communication you receive, this is invaluable to us. I am sorry however to hear you haven’t seen many bookings in your area. I would love to hear from you on pro@blowltd.com to look at how we can optimise your account. We can discuss peak times, areas and more to ensure you receive more bookings in the coming weeks!Further to that I’d love to see whether we can add more services you are qualified in to your account or help you to upskill with training in new services and our brand partners. I’m confident we can turn this around to get you busy again. I look forward to hearing from you.

Job that fits around me

Working for blow LTD as a freelance nail technician has been a game changer for me. I'm able to set my own hours and work in the areas I want to work, and the clients are lovely. I haven't been with blow LTD long, but so far I am earning more than I did in a salon and working fewer hours. The team seem very helpful and friendly and have mentioned opportunities to train in other services, which is exciting. So far, so good and I'm really enjoying it!

Pros

Good number of appointments, able to set my hours and area I want to work in, friendly head office team

Not a nice place to work

They don’t take care of the beauty professionals, they’re only interested in bookings. They don’t always take into account customer’s preferences and allow customers to pass blames on therapist.

26 October 2021
Thanks for taking the time to write your review - we always want to hear feedback from our professionals and I am saddened to hear that we have not lived up to your expectations on this occasion.We invest so much into our professionals and the support we provide is of the utmost importance to us.Our quality processes are in place to ensure we are delivering a service that highly satisfies our customers. With customer satisfaction comes repeat bookings, higher earnings for our professionals and greater awareness of the excellent service our pros all provide.I would love to work together to improve your experience working on the app, so please do reach out to me on pro@blowltd.com. I am confident we can turn this around for you! Thanks, Georgia

Total flexibility and support from the team

Having worked for blow LTD as a Massage therapist and nail technician for 18 months now, I have seen the benefits of being a pro with this company. I am busier than I have been with any other app, earning more and I am able to have complete freedom with the bookings I complete. I choose when I can work and the areas I want to work in, which is great as I can be close to home for my daughter. The team are so friendly in the office and customers are lovely too! I really enjoy my work and hope to work with blow LTD for a long time.

Pros

Flexibility, support from team and great earnings

Cons

I have to carry my kit, but that's not blow's fault!

7 July 2021
Thanks for taking the time to write your review - we always want to hear feedback from our professionals and we’re glad you love having the freedom to work when and where works for you!In regards to carrying your kit, we can recommend the best trolleys and bags that our pros love - just reach out on pro@blowltd.com and I'd love to help. Georgia

Very relaxed yet professional,encouraging,also attentive

I absolutely love working with blow. The team regularly monitor your progress. They provide regular upto date treatment training ,which allows variety and improvement for the Therapists via blowLTD. Priority on customer/client care. Gentle reminders to keep the standard and level of great professionalism before,during and after treatments. I love the weekly pay method as it is really convenient! I also love the fact that there is are a stream of local bookings, thus jobs can be easy to get to.

Pros

Local bookings, weekly pay

22 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to write your review - we always want to hear feedback from our professionals and we’re glad you love receiving weekly pay, training opportunities and more!

Stressful and highly demanding

I started to work with Blow some years ago. It sounded like the job I was looking for. Just arrived in the country with no connections this was a great way to get experience ang get money doing what I love. However soon you realised its is not as perfect as they make it look. First of all you get customers demanding a high service quality. They can review you and if you get a bad review this really lower your rates which can send up on you being sacked from the app. The flexibility to work on day and times you like is really good It would be just perfect if they rates were fair. Their commission is really high 40% on what the customers pays even when the pro is the one who has to cover transport fees, products, taxes etc. You end up working a lot and being asked for a high standard quality but sadly you don’t receive the benefits of it. There is no really any advantages for the pros working here you’re treated like a employee but the payment it is really really low.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay rates.

1 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, it’s great to hear you enjoy the flexibility of accepting bookings on days and times that work for you! My name is Georgia and I'm the Supply Manager at blow LTD. I am saddened to hear that we have not lived up to your expectations on this occasion. Blow LTD pros begin their journey on 60% commission with the opportunity for this to increase as they achieve great things with us. The commission rate you have with blow LTD affords you marketing, high quality in house technology with regular developments to improve your working experience, round the clock customer service and pro support, as well as high end training and brand partnerships. We invest so much into our professionals and the support we provide is of the utmost importance to us. Our quality processes are in place to ensure we are delivering a service that highly satisfies our customers. With customer satisfaction comes repeat bookings, higher earnings for our professionals and greater awareness of the excellent service our pros all provide. I would love to work together to improve your experience working on the app, so please do reach out to me on pro@blowltd.com

Not exactly what you will see

You will be invited for a quick interview, very fast paced process usually on screen and be given clients on the go. Customer service management is terrible but you will expected to give 5* service to the customer who wants your beauty service. You will reviewed each time and a rating below 4* then you will automatically will be terminated. Considering the beauty industry is already in a downfall after a global pandemic, being treated like an uber for hair service and having a California style tech company take over everything as a replacement over the status quo is not acceptable.

Pros

Cons

terrible management customer service, expect you to deliver 5* service, low rates

1 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. My name is Georgia and I’m the Supply Manager here at blow LTD. It sounds like you’ve not had a great experience. We absolutely need to fix this! Can you reach out to me personally on pro@blowltd.com so that we can rectify this. Our quality processes are in place to ensure we are delivering a service that highly satisfies our customers. With customer satisfaction comes repeat bookings, higher earnings for our professionals and greater awareness of the excellent service our pros all provide. I would love to explain our quality processes and pro support systems in more detail as we work to resolve your concerns going forward. Please reach out to me on pro@blowltd.com, I look forward to hearing from you.

If you want to be robbed from work here!

Wow where do I begin.. They sell you this amazing dream that there's loads of bookings, you will make loads of money! NOT! They also don't explain the review system to you either, so let's begin. When you complete a booking some customers will remember to review and some have busy life's so they don't remember. you need 100 reviews for com, not 100 customers, this could be 200 customers but only 100 have reviewed you, The blow team don't care about there contractors, if there is a problem it's always the Staffs fault not the customer, The commission they take is theft The rating system is rigged, you must stay above a 4.5 but if you have a rude customer they can score you a 1 and your taking goes down rapidly, However if you get 5 stars your rating goes up by 0.1, so this maths is incorrect, It's rigged for you to fail, If I was a 4.5 and someone gave me a 4 star it should go down by 0.1, No fuel or car help! What you earn, double it they're getting more for doing nothing, Contractors are just slaves working for pennies, Blow Ltd makes you feel like a part of the team but your notharassed or assaulted whilst doing a booking as there isn't any security in place for mobile therapists

Pros

You might get tipped cash, which means you might earn good money for the hour.

Cons

Too many

13 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write your review - we always want to hear feedback from our professionals. Please get in touch via email on pro@blowltd.com so we can discuss this further.

Nothing to learn new

Very Bad Management. trainning provided but expect you to grab on speed from beginning and trainned you for other things you dont want to. Cut your working hours if you are busy for day. . I hate the management.

Pros

Free nails do, Hair do

Cons

Do not do anything they offer because how they get mad.

Flexible

work when you want, where you want. lots of mums on the platform so extremely practical for someone who is looking for flexibility around they're kids

Pros

work when you want

Cons

low commission

13 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write your review - we always want to hear feedback from our professionals and we're glad you love the flexibility! Please do get in touch via email on pro@blowltd.com so we can discuss the ways you can increase your earnings with blow LTD.

Great For Newly Qualified

I'm a highly experienced therapist and worked with blow when they started ...you would get £10 bonuses for taking up same day /last minute appointments . I told them at the time I just want to work one day a week initially or a couple of evenings to suit my already working schedule. They were fine with that. Then they introduced a 16 hour minimum availability to be working for them ..(so much for independent freelancer!). You are definitely treated more like an employee,and considering it's your travel cost, parking expenses,equipment, products,taxes etc...the commission is very very low. I understand marketing costs as do paying office staff, but they pay the poorest out of all mobile companies available. I have had my own mobile clients for many years,which is much better, but tried blow out for a bit. They stopped the same day bonuses a couple of years ago and expect staff to be twiddling their thumbs on standby. I prefer a more organised diary. This job is fine for a newby to the industry that doesn't have their own clients or much experience. If they want their clients to have the best, they need to be prepared to pay for it. Being an elite is only a couple of percent more, nothing dramatic when its low pay to begin with fir the cost and time incurred for the therapist.

On demand

Working on demand gives you more flexibility and ables you to earn more money a day. You able to controls how many clients you take a day and what locations work best for you

13 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to write your review - we always want to hear feedback from our professionals and we’re glad you love the flexibility and control you have working with blow LTD.

Great to get yourself out there as freelancer but poor management

This company is good if you want to get yourself out there as a freelancer, bookings can be quite unpredictable. You are going to unknown peoples houses sometimes at 8pm/9pm at night. Only Christmas is very busy, however their management is very poor. In short you will go out and do bookings for them, change your own plans to help cover their back if other pro's have cancelled on a customer last minute but the company doesn't have the same mentality in return towards their pro's.

13 January 2021

Sold a dream, reality was a nightmare.

Had to pay to attend their in-house training course for a month, purchase an expensive kit with expensive products and other expenses, it was costly in time and money and you are expected to jump through a myriad of hoops to get on the platform. Once on the platform, the app was full of bugs and a strange algorithm means you are low down the list to get to accept jobs and when they come they generally are last minute. There's an automatic acceptance rate which I'm told doesn't affect how many appts you get, I'd question why it's there, but you end up accepting jobs that are too far for you to be worth your while. There is also another automatic rating system, from customers, and you have to be constantly rated above 97%, Blow expect 5 star reviews with every client, there is NO room for error, EVER, and as the stylist it feels as if the company only care about the customers and not their stylists who work hard to keep their customers happy. One unhappy client can ruin your rating which takes you under the 97% so every job after you are left to stress to see if the client leaves a 5 star rating, as you risk being removed from the platform. Anything less than 5 star or no review and you are made to explain yourself. I received a low rating for someone else's work which Blow would not remove and I've received unreasonable reviews (luckily I was able to contest them as I had picture evidence of my work). Blow make you feel inadequate even though you have provided a high standard and can prove your quality. The company take a large percentage of the fee, and the stylist has -

16 January 2020
Thanks for leaving your review. I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience with us. We do require a high standard of quality to work with us on the platform as we want to provide the best service possible to customers. We understand that not every customer is going to leave a 5* rating, which is why we have a full quality process to understand what happened at a booking with a lower rating - its important to us to hear the professionals side of the story. Equally though, we have to be strict with making sure we provide the best service to customers and if we receive multiple bad reviews or customer complaints - we sometimes do need to remove professionals from the platform.I’m also sorry to hear that you didn’t hear back from us quickly enough. We have a Customer Service team who are available on the phone for all live booking queries whenever we’re open - but if your queries were related to your account, it can take a little longer to respond. This is because we need to prioritise pros who are out on bookings - to make sure they’re able to complete their services successfully. We get back to the vast majority of emails in less than 2 days, which we think is pretty good, but I do appreciate sometimes things can slip through the net.Overall I’m really sorry to hear you had a bad experience - we’re always open to receiving pro feedback. We’ve made a lot of improvements to the pro experience, but I know its not perfect! We have lots of Academy graduates working successfully on the platform with us - so I’d love to see if there’s anything we can do to support -

Great start for steps into the beauty industry

Fast paced. Active job. Competitive pay. Training is available to those wishing to pay for more qualifications in the industry. Have their own beauty academy or in - house training.

Thieves

Blow are destroying the industry with their low prices for beauty services and even lower commission rates (almost 50%). Just to give you an idea, a client tried to pay me twice thinking she’d only paid the deposit for her Halloween makeup. They treat you like an employee, demanding minimum hours and that you wear a uniform whilst thieving your hard earned money. Once you minus your time travelled, premium product expenses and appointment time with the demanding clientele- not to mention taxes! You are left with a very poor wage for London and for your wfforts. Avoid.

16 January 2020
Thanks for leaving a review for us - I'm so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We're always trying to find the balance with customer prices - we want to make sure we have plenty of bookings for our professionals, but also to ensure they're fairly paid. As you can imagine - if we significantly raised our prices, our professionals would have a lot fewer bookings. Feedback from our professionals is that they prefer having lots of bookings (and therefore earning more overall).We don't have a minimum hours requirement - all of our pros are freelancers, can set as much availability as they like and accept or decline their bookings - so I'm sorry to hear you got this impression. I'll review our communications around this today. The commission we pay our professionals is higher than 50% - and if you become an Elite professional (with 100 5* ratings), your commission would increase further.Overall I'm so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. I know the pro experience isn't perfect and I'm always on the lookout to improve things. Lots of our professionals are able to successfully work full time on the platform - so I'd love to see if there's anything I can do to support you to succeed. You can reach me on pro@blowltd.com!

Great company to work with.

Great company to work with! They have looked after me for four years. I've been happy working with blow. You have full flexibility on your hours which works really well for me.

16 January 2020
Thanks so much for your feedback! Its always nice to hear from pros who enjoy working on the platform - thanks so much :)

Great!!!

Working for blo ltd has changed my life. Everyone is so friendly. You get a chance to make good money if your will to put in the hours. It would be easier if I drove but I guy lugging my stuff around will push me to make my test. The ranking system is a bit of a downer , 1 small bad review can mess up everything it happened to me and It took me ages to build it back. I love hearing the sound of the jobs come though, sometimes app doesn't send jobs. App needs bugs fixed. The office staff are amazing, I love them, I feel like I have known the for ages , so calming and helpful.

Pros

Money, discounts, training

Cons

Lonley work

It’s what YOU make it!

Working as a freelancer for a year now! Is great and I love it! Have the opportunity to grow with training offered. Choose your hours choose how much or how little you work! Great team to help! It’s a great opportunity!

You get as much as you work...

But that doesn't depend only on you, but most on travelling. So, travelling from a place to another can be exhausting carrying all your kits. I do makeup and hair and I think that my Zuca has about 45 pounds and my hair kit another 25. I like to be prepared. The only thing is ...if the payment will be a little higher, everything will be perfect. When I say that, I am thinking that any client should know that ''beauty on demand' should not have the same rate pay as in a salon...so, in Blow will increase the pay for the services, everybody will be happy...

Fantastic place to work

I absolutely love working at blow LTD - the company is innovative, making a big impact on the industry and as its the biggest mobile Hair & Beauty company in the UK - there's plenty of work! Head office staff are incredibly friendly, always willing to go the extra mile to help you out and are constantly working to improve the experience of the professionals on the platform. The work is challenging but ultimately rewarding - I won't be going anywhere else anytime soon!

Pros

Flexibility, amount of work, lovely team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blow Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement
  • Blow Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?