Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice

Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom6 reviews

fun workplace

the typical work day was fun and relaxed. we were told what to do and how to do it upon arrival and then left to complete the required task. the hardest part of the job was moving stock from the top floor to the shop floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere in the workplace.

Lovely colleagues

Lovely atmosphere and people, genuinely caring. The people who work there truly do an amazing job in what's probably the hardest and emotive situations: children t the end of life. Salaries are not great but it is a charity after all.

Pros

People

Cons

Salary

Insights into Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Amazing place to work

I was only a volunteer but would love a job at Bluebell Wood. THe work they put in means so much to all the children and families using their service. THEy are all soo positive and happy, but reasurring and comforting when needed.

excellent

A reputable company, with a great experience personally and on a friendship level. typical days work was goos sometimes stressfull but other members of staff help you though that. Gave great Training when required. Management was good in some teams and others were not as good and organised. most enjoyable thing is that it allows you to make connections to people and offers a wide range of activities for many people and a great care foe the children

Pros

relationships

Cons

some poor organisation

Great voluntary practice!

Working at Bluebell wood made me realize that there are good people on this planet as people work endless hours for absolutely nothing but a good deed. Bluebell wood has very lovely and welcoming staff, and you are never not busy. A typical day at Bluebell wood may vary from pricing up stock, bringing down merchandise and restocking up shelves and clothes wracks. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet 24/7, and finding it difficult to understand some of the people that come into the store. It is also hard to watch people who try to knock down cheap prices to even cheaper ones! It is unbelievable that the cheap prices are not to satisfactory, even for a good cause! People say that 'its a second hand shop' therefore they refuse to pay 'top end' prices but they are ignorant to understand the realities of helping children in need. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the staff and helping customers with their purchases.

Pros

Lovely staff

Cons

Only One break

Useful Experience

Working at the Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice Charity Shop was something that I did as part of work experience whilst at school. During the two weeks that I spent there I learned a lot about a working environment and gained valuable work experience. During most working days I handled customer transactions and dealt with customer queries. I also maintained stock levels within the store, operated the cash register and calculated costs. I gained some transferable skills such as communication while working there and gained knowledge and experience that would be useful in other workplaces.

Pros

Gained good experience

Cons

Work experience only lasted two weeks

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice reviews by location

Learn about Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice in popular locations

• Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?