Bluebird Care
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Bluebird Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom781 reviews

Lack of work

Having been employed as a Live in Carer, and with no permanent customer, I found myself covering for other employees on their time off and found myself very short of work - often only working 1 week in 4 or 5 weeks or worse

Just a great place to work

Bluebird care was a amazing place to work, it felt like you were really doing something, not just with caring but within the community and getting people involved.I felt very supported and valued, I would still be there if I hadn’t left Cornwall…

Pros

Everything, support, work everything

Cons

Travel in bad weather

Insights into Bluebird Care

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Working for Bluebird

I’ve worked with Bluebird Care for 3 years. The team is welcoming and supportive. Our carers go above and beyond to help our customers. They pay a good rate of pay and a large amount of annual leave. Mileage is a realistic amount too. I would recommend Bluebird Care to family and friends if looking for a job or for support.

Pros

Great pay, Excellent training, supportive, welcoming

Please save yourself

You get paid £5 for 30 minutes but end up having to do a lot , change the client , feed them hoist them into bed and its a whole lot , they make you travel the whole world across London and only give you 0.25 per a mileage

Pros

Cons

The pay is bad

Supportive and strong team

The care team in Exeter Exmouth and East Devon are really good, they have a strong culture that makes you feel valued and there are opportunities for training and development

Pros

Cons

Care work is amazing, but tiring!

Lovely team to work for and with.

Simply the best !!!!!!! Hours to suit lovely team of colleague's. Good hourly rate. Good manager open door policy. Uniform supplied all PPE you need . Wonderful customers excellent runs just a great company. One of the best in Wirral.

Pros

Will work with you at all times

Cons

Flexible hours no cons

Poorly organised

Lack of organisation. I felt like I was just a number and wasn't valued as an individual. I would be out on calls all day, every day but very little pay due to not paying travel times.

Great company. Family atmosphere.

I worked for bluebird care for a long time. They do have a high level of staff sickness but overall they are a good company. There is always someone at the other end of the phone to help, their training is solid and you have regular supervision. I worked with a lovely team.

Pros

Good training and support

Cons

High level of staff sickness

Great Team of carers

Supervisors and carers were really supportive. Management are not to be trusted. If you accept the job offer make sure you have a contract and keep a copy.

Lovely carers and customers, terrible management.

Having worked here over lockdown, it was a disappointing experience from the start. From the unpaid initial training, unpaid compulsory tick box monthly meetings, complete lack of team bonding (except for an office team building event and posed gifts given to some staff seemingly for something positive to put on social media) and a hostile office environment (unless of course they need you to cover extra shifts in which case they are temporarily very friendly). There was/probably still is very poor management, meaning raised concerns were either dismissed or poorly dealt with. Communication was bad. I never met or had any contact with the owners of this franchise so I am not sure if they are aware of how low the carer morale was when I worked there or if they were just never told or cared enough to find out, but there certainly didn't seem to be any attempt to improve the working culture at carer level when I was there.They were terribly short staffed due to very high staff turnover, as carers were getting fed up and leaving, so the co-ordinators had to constantly call and pester carers who were not working, to beg them to work. The only advantage to working at bluebird I could see is the job security was very good, and the other carers were a pleasure to work with.

Not supportive company

There are lots of errors in the care plan, so watch out! Long hours but not rewarded. Other staff break rules, but you can't. Not worth the money at all. Protect yourself at all cost.

Fabulous employer!

I have recently started here at Bluebird Care South Gloucestershire. It’s wonderful to work alongside a team who really care. I couldn’t feel more supported and welcomed. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Pros

Flexibility

Warm staff and interactive Managers

I enjoyed my time at Bluebird Care. They are very flexible and helpful. They train you properly and you are assessed to ensure you know most of the information.Shadow shifts are also done to assess your capabilities and the opportunities for growth and development are there.

Fun work place good people

Bluebird care is a wonderful company who give the best care on the world to people who live in there own home. Lovley carers and office staff Also amazing customers

Cons

No con

No life outside of work due to rubbish management

Can’t plan your days as shifts always changing and the management team don’t notify you about these changes in advance and they don’t take notice of your availability if you work 0 hours they want you when they want you and leave you when they don’t but don’t allow you many days off

Pros

Meet nice clients

Cons

Long hours rubbish pay For fuel prices

Another franchise failed

I was an employee of Bluebird from 2018 until 2020. I have never worked in a more school ground like environment. My protected characteristics where never protected and that left me in a vulnerable position on more than 1 occasion. Management are massively unsupportive and used expletives to tell me how they felt about me instead of constructive feedback. Even if this was the last job I could get. I would rather be unemployed than work for this establishment. Its a shame to think they look after the elderly but can't even look after their staff. Let alone treat them more than a payroll number.

Poor office management

Extremely poor office management in rotas, updating rotas and choose favourite employees to get better calls. No consistency in the job. Poor knowledge and some employees bully newer members which is unacceptable in any job setting. Its supposed to be a team. Definitely would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

15 pence per miles

Underpaid, Short staffed, Overworked BUT, Most Fulfilling and Rewarding Role Undertaken

They were a great team and managed excellently well with the limited resources this industry is provided with.It's a highly stressful job and management are always pushing you to cover more.You do have to learn to stand your ground very early on.The training provided was well led and they were quick to get you in these courses.It's a bitter sweet role, that I found hard to leave, even with it's faults.

Great people.

Most Staff out with you are lovely. Office staff are a bit up themselves but do get things done when needed. Rotas can be stressful. Not always allowed enough travel time and travelling all over the place. Always extra work available but not always in your area. Paid fairly. Wouldn’t recommend if you don’t have good time management skills.

Would not recommend.

Poor support from the management. They constantly phone you on your days off. The rotas are impossible with no travel time in between calls. Customers and colleagues are lovely.

Great environment and Co workers

I have worked for bluebird care for just over a year now and am enjoying it, management are always on hand if I need them, and coworkers are amazing and very helpful, in every way. Our customers all have their own stories to tell and are all lovely. I have worked in care for around 5 years in total and this by far is the best company.

Pros

Everyday is different

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluebird Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bluebird Care with

• Bluebird Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?