Bluebird Care logo
Bluebird Care

Bluebird Care Employee Reviews

Busy busy!

Bluebird care is a good company to work for! The office staff are all really helpful and accommodating. Covid testing is mandatory each week! PPE is supplied!

Awful

Training was fantastic and enjoyable but about the only positive thing I can say about the company . Long shifts, no travel time and rota changes all the time. No work satisfaction

Pros

Great training

Cons

All of the rest

Good company

I like working with them. Good team I enjoyed gaining work knowledge . I enjoy making someone life more pleasant providing the best care that I can.making someone day makes me happy and content

Best Company Ever

I've never felt so good at any of my previous care jobs. Management is fantastic and caring. They look after their staff and always find the time for them. Customers are receiving a very high standards of care as all of the members have professional training. When you join the company it feels like you're part of the family.

Pros

Bonus scheme, supportive management, wonderful customers

Great first care job

Enjoyed working here but glad to have moved on. What I appreciate is that they have weekly mental health support meetings to check in on you and make sure you’re coping well. I learnt a lot very quickly as this was my first care job. Majority of care workers were lovely and the clients I adored. You have to be careful not to say yes to everything as management will run you into the ground if they get half a chance. They also phone you constantly whether you’re on shift or annual leave. You feel like you have to agree to help out as management do guilt trip you even if they don’t realise it. Be firm and insistent with you or they will take the mick. Overall grateful for the opportunity to work for them.

Pros

Lovely clients, excellent training, great team

Cons

No travel time, unpaid between visits, constant phone calls, only one day off per week

Exhausting Job

You could apply for 15 hours a week and give them your availability and be smacked with 60+ hours because of the lack of careers. They don’t ask you if you are okay with this, they just do it anyway. Office staff are awful and do not communicate with eachother at all which makes the job difficult. No travel time given to get to calls which makes you late, and then your behind for the rest of the day. Office cannot be bothered to tell the customers you’re running late even when you ask them too, so you always get an earful when you enter the customers property. Only benefits of the job are good pay, the other carers are brilliant, helping customers.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long Hours

It's ok

Some of the nurse management team are a bit behind with their knowledge and it's your typical care work. Long hours with low pay and little support from above.

Worst workplace ever

Absolutely loved the job, worst management and underpaid staff. Underpaid me over £1000 and denied it, until I provided evidence. Paid me the money they owed me after 5 months of asking for it. Started paying me £80 for a whole months work working full time, after saying the pay is £12 p/h. I would work 15 hour days 5 days a week. Always asking overtime but have no remorse for staff what so ever. Management would always speak to their staff poorly, whilst having covid they would try to force me to go into work regardless of government guidelines or putting vulnerable people at risk. Say they ‘care about staff’ yet put them in uncomfortable positions 24/7. No safety guarding atall regardless of what you may be told in training. Will give you a ‘0hour contract’ which they say is flexible for staff and for them, but they will never be flexible around you and always underpay.

Pros

People you care for

Cons

Long hours, poor management, underpay

Avoid avoid avoid

If I could give zero stars I would. The owners don’t care about their staff, only care for profit!!Office sends you all over the place with no consideration for travel time and if you are late for a call because of lack of travel time or caught in traffic they are on the phone demanding to know where you are. Pressured to work out of your availability and if you say no you are “punished with no calls or 1 or 2 calls the following day / week.No work / home life balance at all.Do your future self a favour and avoid working for Bluebird.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Everything else

Large staff turn over

Terrible companylanguage barrier Unorganised Uncaring staff Lack of trainingLarge stafff turn over Unorganised management Disrespectful to staff

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

Language barrier and Un skilled teams

Jobs at Bluebird Care

See more jobs

Fast paced, management easy to talk to, if they can help you they will

I spent two years at Blue Bird care and only left to go back to Dentistry. It’s the first care company I’ve worked for that actually care about their employees.Management and office staff easy to talk too.Worked mainly in my own area with lovely clients.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Not being paid for travel time

Safeguarding ignored and staff treated like machines

A litany of safeguarding issues, ignored by managers.Staff expected to work all hours, no travel time between calls and just told to get on with it, with little to no training and risk assessment/placement plans not in place or written by someone with no training.Told to leave seriously unwell clients on the floor to wait for an ambulance alone as there is no carers free, as burnout high. Blame culture, would have 3 meant to be 30min calls in 1hr15 mins, no travelling time for 20min journey (without traffic!) in between, then when 10min late to the third call told you need to work faster as the client has called to ask where you are.No breaks as calls spread into them due to no travel time.

Pros

Some lovely, albeit badly exploited clients

Cons

Long hours for no extra pay, no travel time, blame culture, no safeguarding for staff or clients

Very organised and professional, good place to work

Bluebird care has got to be one of the best domiciliary care companies to work for, office staff are lovely, lovely customers also, in any job you will have challenges but that’s not down to the company it really depends on you as an individual. Up to date systems thats easy to work with on visits overall just a good company with good rates of pay compare to others.

Productive and easy

Amazing and easy interview, a good overall experience and would recommend. Friendly environment and easy to talk to. First interview in a long time and would 100% recommend

Pros

Salary

Cons

A lot of travelling

Amazing place to work!

I work for Bluebird Care Leeds North and the support I get is second to none. The whole team are friendly and always available if I have questions. The training was great, I get regular updates training and opportunities to train in specialist areas. My customers are lovely and I always feel prepared when visiting a new customer. The care plans are so thorough and clear and office staff are really helpful.

Pros

Good pay, supportive team, flexible hours

Cons

Can’t think of any, I love my job!

Currently employed by Bluebird Care Sheffield and I would highly recommend. Love my job here and I work with some amazing people. Been here over 5 years and still enjoy what I do.

Pros

Friendly office atmosphere

stressful just felt on alone at times management not very supportive only interested in making money

my first job in care the best thing about the job was caring for the clients a few of the clients has become friends overall it was not a good experience but I learnt a lot about caring

Cons

long and unstable hours

Unfair for most.

Only give hours to their favourite carers. Will gossip all day long about staff and clients in the office. Ignore requests for help from carers. Focus on their favourite clients and happily leave clients without support. The pay was minimum wage despite other branches paying up to 5 pound more per hour.

Pros

Free PPe

Cons

They don’t really care about staff well being

Zero hours contract

I worked for Bluebird Care Bromley for almost 3yrs, it’s a great company with a supportive office team. They would always organise events for staff & sometimes offered free childcare in the holidays! (may be different now). Only draw back is zero hours, for the most part my work was consistent, but if you lost a regular client you could be down 12hrs a week until they replaced them& that unfortunately does not pay the bills.

Pros

Supportive team, great clients

Cons

Zero hours contract

The job itself was what you’d expect from home care but….

The staff within the office were just awful. Tried to be very intimidating at times. I noticed a vast change in their friendly demeanour right after the contract was signed. Seems to be a case of if you don’t run yourself ragged- they don’t like you.

Pros

Great customers, Good training, chances of career development.

Cons

Alienated by admin staff, have to pay to have more than one tunic.

Took £500 off final pay for the 4 days training

Wage is pitiful taking into account actual hours out on the road and the fuel burned P.t hours : Work 7 hours get payed 5 hours 21p a mile is not alot when your doing over 400 miles 2 tank fulls at £1.21 pl They also cram so much work on you at first you have to stand up for yourself 35hours is not pt!

Pros

Staff are nice boss is a jerk

Cons

Under payed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluebird Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement