BMG Research

BMG Research Employee Reviews

Good place to work those like WFH

So far had nice experience working here , It was my first experience as a Call agent , Senior staff is not much helpful , but my TM was very helpful and understanding . Good place to work for those who like to WFH

Pros

Wfh

Horrible

I’ve been working here for about 5 months now and the management is awful, your pay is never correct and when you try to sort it out you have to wait weeks and weeks and end up having month in hands due to how long it takes them, team managers are always busy to even talk to you and overall the staff and how things are run are dreadful. Don’t even get me started on the software omg. stay awake at all costs!

Stressful

Target related which makes job very stressful. Market research hard getting people to agree to speak to you. Not much on job training to help get customers engaged and willing

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Target related

Typical call centre

TL;DR: Garbage management, garbage software, no remote desktop, so you have to install their rubbish on your personal device, expect wage desputes and rediculous management.Luckily, because the management is so atrocious, you can usually get away with doing nothing at all, which is... a double-edged sword I guess.Wage accounting is purposefully convoluted to discourage you from collecting what is owed.Like every other scummy call centre, BMG rarely hires directly, they instead gain employees through agencies. That way, they are free to deny accountablity.The I.T department is HILARIOUSLY bad. BMG doesn't hire I.T professionals, they instead hire customer reps and minimally train them to provide trouble-shooting. You can see why this is bad, as they don't even use a remote desktop service, which means EVERY single ticket could be a conflict between personal programs and work-related programs. This level of diagnosis requires professional training, something senior management is not interested in providing.Communication between departments is also hilariously bad, various departments are regularly out of touch with company-wide practices as they have no internal IMS.

Pros

It's just barely better than unemployment.

Cons

Don't expect to stay employed long-term.

Flexible Working From Home

It is unfortunate that when I started working with BMG Research, back in 2017, all we focussed on was good old Market Research. We have been leading to lesser projects, available that are interesting and fun to work on. Progression is a point, where if you don't fit in the "clique" then your a researcher for far too long, regardless of the time with the company and also. now we are doing so much more Customer Experience and Service contracts, I don't really think that we are much of a force to be considered within Market Research. Management says all the right things, yet do nothing back them up and allow, totally un-professional Team Managers take up the post, with little to know to understand of how leadership should work and, that is what really gets me. Yet it's my choice, to remain with BMG, as the office is nearby if/when it re-opens and there will hopefully be positive change, as right now, BMG are hanging on to Government contracts & have no transparency, if questioned you gain vague answers so it'll have to do for now. Lickily as I am a into music, they pay me for the work

Pros

Overtime & Working from Home

Cons

Mainly the lack of employee support

Chaotic & Disorganised

I’m a former employee, I worked here during lockdown after loosing my job. Interview is easy and they do hire anyone. They change management over constantly there is a high staff turnover. Management aren’t given a lot of direction and therefore employees are left to their own devices. The wages are always minimum wage. Certain management do not have good communication skills and this only added to the stress levels of the job itself which was basically cold calling.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Chaotic

Supportive

I enjoyed working BMG research, they were very helpful and supportive throughout my work. They have very safe and professional working environment. They provide good amount of training before starting actual work. I never had any problem regarding my salary or holidays.

micromanagement, lack of autonomy and close supervision

Do not work there if you have a dignity as big as a mustard seed. Know your self worth. The pay starts the minute you start to login and finishes the minute you log out. The fact that you get paid 6.50 an hour is atrocious for a work that is intense, difficult customers, you're complete nuisance to customers for cold calling them. That's what u do-cold call. I hated it.

Pros

Cons

you're just a number, pay is horrible, you work like a donkey for pennies, modern slavery

A fun place to work at

Always had very nice out going managers. At bmg i have learnt that working hard is key and the managements were so friendly out going and motivated you to work hard. I have never had any issues working there as i got a long with every staff.

I started at BMG over 5 years ago as a call centre interviewer, working on both residential and business projects and since then, I've been given the opportunity to work in different job roles in several departments, progressing through to team management. Call centre work can be repetitive, but the management team try to offset this with lots of incentives and as long as you try to achieve set targets, managers really do appreciate you. There's generally overtime available for anyone who wants it, and a good bonus scheme, giving you a great opportunity to earn extra money every month. The training provided is thorough, and it's backed up with a lot of ongoing coaching and support. Managers take the time to get to know their staff and always encourage them to apply for any upcoming vacancies that would suit them, and when it's quieter in the call centre, interviewers can often help out in other departments.

Pros

Achievable bonus scheme, good atmosphere

Cons

Limited parking

10 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us about working with BMG Research in our Birmingham Call Centre. It is good to hear that you can see how valuable our staff are to the Managers and that you have highlighted the schemes in place to offer rewards. We hope that you will continue your employment with BMG Research.

Growing company with Development opportunities

Having worked at BMG Research for many years, the company has undergone many changes all of which has made the business grow from strength to strength. BMG has given me lots of opportunities to work across various departments in order to build my skills and experience within this sector and develop as an individual. I have also watched various individuals be promoted from within and develop successful careers. BMG enjoys promoting people and watching them grow into their new roles. Working for BMG requires you to be organised, a good communicator and, pro-active in your role. BMG has an active attitude towards mental health as it promotes Thrive at work. Managers and senior staff are approachable and helpful and support their staff whilst following company policies and procedures.

10 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review and for highlighting the growth that BMG Research has shown. We have really excelled in recent years especially since opening our Call Centre in Bellshill and office in London whilst maintaining our HO in Birmingham. Development of staff is vitally important to our business and this is why we look to promote from within alongside bringing in people from outside.

Ridiculous

The training itself was good, productive however after that one week of training it's a joke. I feel I was bullied from the beginning, everything I do is questioned, from talking to my actions in general. Very clique type work place - if you don't fit in, you feel it. Lucky I get on with a few people in my team. Lunch is 30 minutes, a minute over and you get called in. Same as 9am, a minute or even a few seconds late and it's an immediate late mark. BMG need to rethink their managers a bit more, especially these "team leaders". I'm just here cause I need a job to pay my bills.

Pros

Free Tea

25 February 2020
Thank you for your review whilst working with us here at our Call Centre in Birmingham. I am sorry that this has been your experience so far. BMG invests heavily in Thrive at work as the Health and Well-being of all our employees is extremely important. Our Managers are very approachable and should you feel you are unable to talk to yours then there are other Managers always ready and willing to help. Lunch for those who work 9am-5pm is 45 minutes but shifts that a shorter like 10am-4pm are 30 minutes. Each shift also has a 10 minute break.Time keeping is important in any role and is something that Managers are required to keep on top of as if all interviewers were late this would result in lost hours which is money for the business.If you do wish to speak to someone in confidence then please send an e-mail to info@bmgresearch.com and myself or a colleague will be in touch.

Boring

Boring, horrible management and "in crowd culture", I would not recommend working here. Also there is no job security and the training is very poor...

24 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you had this experience whilst working within our Birmingham Call Centre. Our Managers are trained to ILM level 3 and our interviewer training period is two weeks long and very thorough. If you would like to discuss your experience any further then please contact us at info@bmgresearch.com and myself or a colleague will be in touch.

Friendly, supportive environment with excellent training and development opportunities.

Excellent training experience. Full week's training with a further week supported on the phone, making outbound calls to businesses about a variety of topics. A real friendly, family atmosphere. The only call centre I know that offers Monday to Friday daytime shifts, no evening or weekend shifts. Loads of coaching and support to help you achieve target. Great management. coachong

17 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing such a positive experience regarding your employment at our Call Centre in Bellshill.

Fun workplace

A typical day consisted of making calls to businesses and the general public to go through some surveys discussing different topics. This job strengthened my communication skills both face to face and over the phone.

17 February 2020
Thank you for your review. I am glad that the training provided whilst in our Birmingham Call Centre and the role you had with us has helped to strengthen your communication skills in different areas.

Competitive Workplace

Targets are set but sometimes you will not achieve them as it's all based on the contacts you are provided with. However, you need to have significant soft skills, excellent telephone manner and good objection handling skills along with rapport building to hit these targets and get respondents to do the survey. Market Research can be dull at times but overall it is enjoyable especially at BMG as there is a family environment.

Pros

Free Coffee/Tea

17 February 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience of working at our Call Centre in Birmingham. We work hard to ensure the right people are recruited in order to keep the environment as friendly as possible so that our staff will stay and grow.

Brainwasting job

Avoid if you value your sanity, probably the most boring brain numbing job you will ever have your entire life. Very short breaks and salary is not enough. People off sick constantly and everyone else is looking for a new job.looking for

Pros

Cons

No career prospects, boring and not enough breaks

11 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you had this experience at our call centre in Scotland. If you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail then please contact us at; info@bmgresearch.com and someone will be in touch.

Management are terrible

Horrible managers who are threatening and don't care about the individual at all, especially in regards to mental health. The environment is hostile at times and the job is boring. you are given 7 mins in an 8 hour shift to go to the toilet and will be reprimanded if not stuck to. disasterous place to work.

19 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to send your review , like my colleague below I am sorry to hear that you had this experience whilst in our Scotland Call Centre. All of our Team Mangers come with vast experience and work hard to work with all interviewers and other colleagues whilst maintaining the professionalism of the business and following our policies and procedures. Mental health of our staff is extremely important and we encourage anyone to discuss concerns with their Manager or another Manager within the department. If you wish to discuss this matter further then please send an e-mail to info@bmgresearch.com and myself or a colleague will come back to you.

Productive and fun place

Very good company. Very fair management and staff. I have learned a lot from them . I have received fair opportunities. Very professional company to work for.

17 February 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience of working in our Birmingham Call Centre. We are pleased that the ethos we work so hard to achieve was noticed in your time with us.

Fun and cool place to work

I enjoyed working at BMG, having to meet targets was competitive, but interesting. was a cool environment and the people were also really cool. Superiors were respectful and always gave feedback.

17 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback.

Agency work

Temporary work, People come and go all the time because projects don't last that long. A lot of agency staff. Minimum wage. Management okay but no progression.

17 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you had this perception of BMG whilst working at our call centre in Birmingham. BMG thrives on promoting people from within and any vacancies that arise within the business are displayed across the televisions within the call centres. If you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail then please contact us at; info@bmgresearch.com and someone will be in touch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMG Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement