BMI Healthcare

BMI Healthcare Employee Reviews

I started working with this company and was thrown completely in the deep end with hardly any training. Any training I did complete, I had to find time myself during the day to complete. Considering you deal with patients, confidential and important work within the hospital, I don’t think this is the best approach at all! As bank staff you are promised hours, but they tend to offer the hours to their favourite members of staff. The admin manager gives a lot of control to members of staff to make his life easier. This causes a constant lack of communication and some members of staff believe they have the authority to tell you what to do, meaning you never know who is the best person to listen to. Your role as an administrator is very important, as it can cause a domino effect if you miss a step. To only be paid minimum wage for such an intense role I think is an embarrassment.
Pros
Free coffee / Friendly staff
Cons
Minimum wage / Bad training / Bad communication
Productive outcome of patient care, despite the long shifts beyond the allocated time due to staff shortage. However, everyone always worked in support of each other, from clinicians to catering team, ensuring a good delivery of patient care, from admission to discharge.
Pros
Friendly staff and great team work.
Cons
The pay is rubbish, loads of fake promises from management. You ask for help and small change's and nothing is ever done about it. Stressful and not appreciated at all but still expected to go above and beyond for patients.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Rubbish pay, Not appreciated
No training for the job they just expect you to get on with it. No actual induction after 3 months still dont know what the company expects of me or even where the fire exits are. No job security if you are bank staff. Not particularly friendly. DIrty outdated toilets and kitchen.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No proper training. Quite stressful environment as extremely busy.
From the time my manager added "0" to my entrance code by hand, it became 0 satisfaction and very short experience for me. Very little appreciation for the hard work you do; passing the job over by your colleagues at every opportunity; bullyish behavior; unpleasant people to work with; does GP have to eat so loud in staff canteen that you have to leave the room? (must be my lack of sense of humor or company's culture in general). Very "entertaining"...for a very low pay.
Pros
Free teas and coffees.
Cons
Too many.
Nothing to say really it's an OK placePeople always seem to be walking round with a smile on their face you get the odd grumble but not much like anywhere else I suppose
I really liked the people and the challenges. I was able to progress and evolve the service during the time I was there, a great experience overall. Training and salary rates could be better but genuinely enjoyable company to work for.
Pros
Great people, collaborative environment.
Cons
Low salary and training not forth coming
Worked for them for 2 years Friendly supportive company, but sometimes working for such a large company, means anything you would like done takes time because it has to be head office approved
Pros
Flexible work. Friendly place to work
Cons
Frustrations dometimes of working with a large company is the slowness of change
I have been with BMI for just over 12 months and with the new leadership that has come into the business, I have a seen a very positive step forward in the culture of the business and the way things are communicated and handled. There is some real positive green shoot coming up that is showing the business is on the up and I'm so glad I joined when I did!
Pros
Fast paced, great promotion opportunities and passionate, exciting leadership
Cons
Lots of mandatory training in first week of induction which was a bit boring at times
Management are shocking they are not very experienced And this makes working there very depressing and we were treated very negatively It was not a pleasant experience Avoid
Cons
Shocking management team. Onsite harassment from certain members of the management is rife, they have their favourite staff members and if you’re not one of them then Heaven help you, you will be hounded. There are no people skills and the pay is terrible. Don’t waste your time, find yourself a better place to work. Considering this is supposedly the best in Private Health Care the workforce morale is exceptionally low because most of the staff feel undervalued, as well as being underpaid (unless you are a boss’s favourite). Too many false and empty promises from Management.
Pros
A cheap Easter egg at Easter, a cheap Christmas gift and an occasional free meal.
Cons
Everything!
This is a big hospital I work at. Every one was so welcoming, helpful and friendly. I actually enjoy going to work. The management are very supportive. I had heard bad things prior to having my interview. But when I actually turned up. The atmosphere was lovely. I was buddied up with some one and looked after drom the 1st day I
Pros
Great working culture. Safe environment Happy staff
Cons
4 day a week, rather than 3 long days. Due to corona.
Good place, I would have liked the role to have lasted longer. Really nice team to work with and a lovely location BMI is a good company Treat staff well
I have had a good time at BMI. My team is supportive and work well together. My Manager is capable, conscientious and cares about the team. I have made good friends and learnt a lot.
Worked there for just under a year. There's definitely favourites among the teams. You get zero "official" praise when you take on difficult calls and will be used against you for the stats. Any empathy in this job will drag you to a depression ridden pit. Very difficult to arrange time off for doctor appointments, a large majority of people were on anti-depressants while doing this and others couldn't get time off for serious conditions. The whole office got the flu at the start of 2019 and time off was not an option. If you don't make stats, you will be 'offered' weekend overtime, but really you'll be giving it up to just keep the job Seniors(Supervisors) will throw you under the bus to bump themselves up. Most of the managers have a friendly mask on, but ultimately you'll be shown the door if your face doesn't fit. Callous money making factory. Wouldn't recommend to my worse enemy.
Pros
Aviva Healthcare Plan
Cons
Read above
Responding to issue raised on the Service Desk tool by the hospitals, updating and maintaining the system chargemaster, financial information, third parties etc. I learned that working with other teams within the IT department and the business to achieve the end goal was rewarding when issues got resolved and the customer was happy. It was a dedicated organisation and always put the Patients first. I thought that Management was stretched and didn't always have the time to support us, but did the best that they could, but felt that I didn't get the training that I required to advance my skills, which was frustrating at times. When putting idea's and suggestions forward on ways that I thought could improve things was not really take on board. I enjoyed liaising with the Commercial Relations Team to implement the payment agreement, discussing the system and what was possible in the if they required something out of the norm for the insurance companies and putting in work around until the system could be developed. I enjoyed speaking with the end user to resolve the issues and close their ticket on the system.
Unfortunately my experience of BMI is very poor and resulted in the hospital being sold to the NHS where all the staff were transferred under TUPE into the Trust The whole experience was poorly managed by the senior management team who dealt with their loyal staff like trash The Executive team never acknowledged the hard work and upheaval causes to their loyal employees
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
The team below the senior managers were hard working and cared about one another
Working at BMI Winterborne in Dorchester is not a pleasant experience and I would not recommend it to anyone. Top management are absolutely useless. They have no consideration for the staff whatsoever and having spoken to others this applies to all other departments. To management you are a number not a human being with feelings. They do not appreciate the work you do. Bullying is rife and is not addressed. If top management were replaced with people who knew how to manage their staff efficiently with the consideration and respect they deserve it would be a much more pleasant and happier place to work for all concerned.
Untrustworthy senior management. No one cares about staff. Very good at abusing staff. No staff support. A lot of bullying from managers and senior management encourages bullying culture. Complain and you become a victim. Senior managers hide the truth about everything and ask staff to keep quiet.
Working as a porter you can expect very different role requirements depending on which hospital you work at. While some hospitals expect you to perform only portering duties. Such as dealing with patient/bed movements, waste control, theatre gas checking/ordering and hospital security. Others expect porters to perform constant cleaning duties (even 'deep cleaning'), organising office movements, fire officer duties, car parking control, restocking of clinical supplies to wards etc. Different management locally could mean you have a relatively undemanding role, or be worked to the bone and oddly with no difference in wages. Expectations are unequal and unfairly distributed.
Nice people to work with .Needs better leadership unfortunately. Not very good at communicating with their employees.Good working environment though but not much full time work.
  1. Employee reviews