BNP Paribas

Insights into BNP Paribas

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Fun workplace, great place to work

Lovely work place, other staff members and kind and helpful when your in need of help, the work place itself is a lovely environment and has everything you’d possibly need.

Could be great with small changes

On the whole it's a good place to work. Consistency is lacking within upper management and can get confusing in regards to expectations. Benefits on the whole are good, life insurance is excellent, however salaries and bonus could be improved.

good employer

pleasant place to work, nice supportive colleagues; good salary and working hours; nice offices; central location; great team; market standard salary

Worst company to work for

Favouritism is there brand. A circle where only people they know progress. Disgraceful to work for such institution where only people who pretend to like them will progress

Pros

Nothing avoid

Cons

The whole company is a joke

If you work in operations, you'll hate it, if you work in corporate its great.

In Operation management change all the time and choose favourites instead of knowledgeable people. Management will do anything to shirk off a problem so they don't have to deal with it. If your genuinly ill they will penalise your it. You're a number not a person. If your lucky enough to work in corporate you will be happier and your work life balance will be considered and your bonus will be guaranteed

It's a bad place to work at

Management is bad. Working there is my worse experience.Do your self a favour and don't work there.Ieft that place right away and it was the best decision I ever made

Pros

No pros

Cons

Everything there is a con

Leasing Solutions team

Big overtime culture which means work-life balance was non-existent. Little to no acknowledgement of disabilities (mental health conditions). I worked there a couple years ago, hopefully it has changed since.Upper management were nice, definitely managers and not leaders.Decent pay though!

Pros

Free coffee Paid above minimum wage Employee networks e.g. LGBTQIA+

Cons

Listed in my review

Very Poor work enviroment with little to no support

The role is extremely fast paced and there is near to no support from managers when seeking help. It is mainly based upon statistics and not actually how well you do your job. I have had to argue since day 1 to get my coursework time (20% off job learning is required) as there has been times where they have said calls volumes are too high to provide this in which case you shouldn't be offering apprenticeship programmes. It is near impossible to book off any holiday for example in February this year I tried to book off a week in September to go abroad and even then over 6 months in advance the days had to be waitlisted and was never accepted. There seems to be very little care for employees, as long as your stats are low and you are answering call after call. I think it is a very demotivating environment with very little praise when things are done well but far too much focus on very unrealistic stats. I think it is extremely unfair to say our aftercall needs to be below 8% when we are expected to complete every single email/admin task in this aux, log complaints and go to the bathroom? It is very stressful and there is little appreciation for the work completed. Overall this job made me extremely unhappy and I think it is a very toxic and poorly led company, wouldn't recommend to anyone! My manager acted as if I was lucky yo have passed my probation as if they were doing me a favour to let me have a job purely because my stats weren't reaching what they wanted even though others in the company were passed straight away with no questions asked.

Pros

Got to work from home during covid-19

Cons

Poor management, little care for employees, no holiday ever available, Unrealistic stats.

Was a very u happy place to work

Not how you think they are. Only 1-2 mangers that was supportive would help. Rest had fav and some adviser would start talking behind other members back. Toxic place.

Cons

Very long hours

Wonderful company to work for

Excellent company who provide support and understanding throughout your career.Excellent training and development options as well as encourage you.Benefits are brilliant with expensive electric cars available

Pros

Pqy qnd company car options

Cons

IT systems not the latest

Stressful environment with micro management and unclear strategy

Revolving door of senior management resulting in ever changing strategy and direction. Aggressive and oppressive culture with no regard to people’s work life balance.

Cons

Oppressive environment and aggressive management culture

BNPP is a great place to work

I spent 19 months at BNP Paribas and met lots of lovely people and enjoyed the culture.The technology was good, I was up and running on the first morning!

Pros

Autonomy to do the job your way. No hierarchy barriers

Cons

Location -Marylebone

Terrible

When you have served your purpose this company will not hesitate to get rid of you. During my time at this Company I saw so many good, knowledgeable people forced to leave. The Management are bullies and HR do not support the majority of staff. Senior management have the support of HR at all times, right or wrong. They ruin lives and expect to get away with it time after time.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Poor support and treatment of staff from HR and Management.

Lack of training

Wasn't given the support or training required.Felt undervalued all the time.My time there was never appreciated.Located close to town and train station.

Pros

Near town and 5 minute walk from my house

Proactive in Improving

I found the working environment friendly and respectful. Managers there get employee feedback monthly. I felt I contributed to business improvements.

Pros

45 minute lunch

Cons

Travelling distance

Enjoyed working there

Enjoyed working for the company. The salary was good. Excellent location and very comfortable environment. Would definitely want to work for them again.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No career advancement

Good work, freedom to do it. Non-communicative management. Quite clannish.

Interesting tasks which I was allowed to get on with as I thought best. I had the impression of an overwhelmed UK team with a duplicated/redundant offshore team. They clearly had a group of contractors/ex employees who were part of the social fabric as well as of work, who were the preferred choice for contract roles.

Pros

Freedom to deliver, good support tools

Cons

Non-communicative management

Great experience

Amazing management and colleagues. Many things learnt. Everyone was supportive. Nice atmosphere. Gifts, rewards and summer party. ‐--------‐---------

Helpfull

helping and easy to approach employees great management and migration team was great. location and office was middle of the town so easy access to other facilities

Great

Good workplace, enjoyed working there with lots of people and being able to meet new people. Would recommend getting a job it’s a good place to meet new people

Highly recommend

Overall very good people Good relax culture Job progression is bit slow Work life balance Overall very good employer to work for Benefits are great incl job lunching allowances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement