BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews

Wasn't given the support or training required.Felt undervalued all the time.My time there was never appreciated.Located close to town and train station.
Pros
Near town and 5 minute walk from my house
When you have served your purpose this company will not hesitate to get rid of you. During my time at this Company I saw so many good, knowledgeable people forced to leave. The Management are bullies and HR do not support the majority of staff. Senior management have the support of HR at all times, right or wrong. They ruin lives and expect to get away with it time after time.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor support and treatment of staff from HR and Management.
I found the working environment friendly and respectful. Managers there get employee feedback monthly. I felt I contributed to business improvements.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
Travelling distance
Enjoyed working for the company. The salary was good. Excellent location and very comfortable environment. Would definitely want to work for them again.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No career advancement
Interesting tasks which I was allowed to get on with as I thought best. I had the impression of an overwhelmed UK team with a duplicated/redundant offshore team. They clearly had a group of contractors/ex employees who were part of the social fabric as well as of work, who were the preferred choice for contract roles.
Pros
Freedom to deliver, good support tools
Cons
Non-communicative management
Amazing management and colleagues. Many things learnt. Everyone was supportive. Nice atmosphere. Gifts, rewards and summer party. ‐--------‐---------
helping and easy to approach employees great management and migration team was great. location and office was middle of the town so easy access to other facilities
Good workplace, enjoyed working there with lots of people and being able to meet new people. Would recommend getting a job it’s a good place to meet new people
Overall very good people Good relax culture Job progression is bit slow Work life balance Overall very good employer to work for Benefits are great incl job lunching allowances
Very professional and excellent company. It is teamwork-oriented, with experts in risk, data etc... I worked within the architecture as well as the Investors reporting performance departments
For the job of call centre agent, demands are too high. Company is very slow to answer customers' emails. Working with very poor IT systems is quite embarrassing when explaining company shortcomings to customers.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Salary not sufficient
A good place to work, friendly knowledgeable people. Fair salaries , job advancement can be slow as there are limited management roles available. Much outsourcing to Mumbai and Lisbon.
This is an Ok company. Good work life balance. Really nice colleagues. Lacking development opportunities and not much internal movement meaning higher turnover.
A great environment to work in. The people are what makes a great place to work and BNP Paribas does not disappoint. The role I undertook was in places difficult, but fun.
Worked there for a year. Relaxed culture and a slow-paced environment. I wasn't learning new things on a daily basis and I was bored at times. Nonetheless, a good experience, but 1 year was more than enough.
Read credit profiles, handle complaints and appeals. Train new staff, show management processes, record phone stats and call monitoring. Speak to dealers and retailers
Pros
City centre workplace, no dress code
Cons
weekend and evening working
BNP Paribas is a very challenging environment. The IT is always evolving and requires you to adapt your skills on annual basis. Managed great project at a global scale.
Collaborative environment with a good team spirit. Learnt about problem solving. Worked collaboratively with my managers and subordinates. The culture was pretty much to "get on" with one's responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was balancing conflicting objectives between front and back offices. The most enjoyable part was team's night-out.
Flexible working hours and optional remote working help work/life balance. Blame culture is the norm, be prepared to defend yourself if things go wrong, before getting to fix things. Management are either almost completely hands off at the low level, or overbearing at high level. Budgets are everything. Work smart or hard, but don’t expect to be rewarded for it.
Great user base to work with during the migration to Win10. Profile of desktops and laptops made migrations easier. Took less than the time specified. Liaison with EAs made this process easier with them having access to their calendars.
I enjoyed my time there, would probably still be there if they hadn't moved our roles back to France. Made some good friends there and stress levels we're never so high that you couldn't cope.
  1. Employee reviews