Bolton NHS Foundation Trust

United Kingdom30 reviews

Insights into Bolton NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Ok place to work, very stressful and busy

Ok place to work, have worked In all departments and it is very busy regardless of where you to. Very little support from management who clearly haven’t worked in this environment for a long while.

Pros

Long days so more days off

Cons

Short staffed

Busy career, but very important.

I worked for 5 years under the Bolton NHS foundation trust. It's what I would say gave me the majority of my experience in care. Whilst there, I worked as a HCA, a therapy assistant and a senior therapy instructor. The training I received set me up very well for my career in care and I do miss it sometimes. Some days would be non-stop, some weeks could be non-stop but the importance of the role would keep you going and most of the patients would be thankful for your help. Some managers were great, others not so much, some team members were great, others not so much. It was variable from role to role, from ward to ward. I would say, if you were looking to take on a role here, you'll need an honest love of people, a strong back and an eye for detail as it could save lives.If you generally care about others, it's the right place to work. You hear some great stories and your character as a person develops and gets stronger. I'm proud of my time spent under this trust.

Pros

Ability to pick up extra bank shifts, nhs discounts, character development

Cons

Long hours, not much chance to progress careers.

If your face fits all well and good if not watch out

Management are not professional they have favourites and if you ever challenge any decision you are made to feel like you are stupid and then they pick faults with your work, a typical day is very fast paced. The hardest part of the job is trying to fit in. The best part of the job is some colleagues as is the worst part

Pros

Excellent holiday entitlement

Transactions Manager

My role is as the Transactions Manager, I am responsible for the purchase ledger, sales ledger sections including debt collection. My role includes 1-2-1's, appraisals, team meetings and team training. I produce weekly payment runs, KPI's and various reports.

Severe Bullying Culture

Worked for Histology/Pathology for many years changing departments/jobs due to the bullying and nasty Management along with their hangers on friends! Dont bother with the Unions as they are in their pockets too.They bully you till you are got rid of and they will make up stories about you as they go along. If the TV did an undercover documentary it would be sorted!!

Good place to work however Government are making working for the NHS tough with constant under funding. I would definitely work with them again in the future if the correct job came up

Excellent Work Place

Enjoyable busy environment, with dedicated colleagues. Good working conditions. Good team work. Overall a very good place to work. Although you must be prepared to go the extra mile when req.

Badly managed

Worked in Informatics i.e IT department as a contractor for one week. So did one other contractor. Did not disclose that fact, they were trialling against the other contractor in job description. Very devious and misleading. Did not get position advertised.

About volunteering

Lovely people, lovely staff its a pleasure to help out at the hospital. I have learned how to interact and chat to patients and visitors, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people.

NHS Healthcare Assistants.

DON'T work for the NHS as a healthcare assistant it's a thankless job where you are treated as a second class citizen and a donkey! This was a typical day at work as experienced by me for most of my time there. Training fine, especially if you do your online training at home throughout the year as you wont have time to do it whilst on duty. Management don't care if you are dropping on your feet and numerous of my colleagues were on sick leave on several occasions due to stress. Workplace culture:- Blame the healthcares for anything that goes wrong. Hardest part of the job is seeing patients suffer because wards are constantly short staffed and the qualified nurses won't help you. Most enjoyable part of the job:- Helping patients and going home.

Pros

Reasonable pay.

Cons

Everything else.

Fun and caring work place

Everyone is caring and the work place is a great experience for work. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is very nice to work with other patients and visitors.

Pros

Discount on food

Overall Good

Good support from seniors on each of my rotations Appraisal system which helps showcase the skills you are learning Learned the basic skills in MSK Respiratory and Orthopaedic care Staff in general are friendly

overall

friendly place to work, all grades of staff make the hospital an excellent place to work.Overall facilities for the staff aren't great for example canteen expensive and small portions, only a small negative for a good place to work overall

Pros

frindly staff

Cons

usual problems with NHS

It is a very flexible place to work and there is always plenty of help for workers and lots of good learning opportunities. There are schems and benefits for all kinds of employees to advantage of.

Contractors Vs Permanent Staff

A real feel of us and them. There were 3 or 4 contractors and 5 or 6 permanent staff. Sometimes you (a contractor) walk into a room full of laughter (permanent staff) that suddenly stops. Occasional sly comments and 2-faced behaviour. Eventually all contractors left (at different times). Never made to feel comfortable

Pros

Didn't have to stay there too long

Cons

Tense atmosphere.

Lovely people

Good short Contract ... lovely people.... nice offices ... staff canteen. Worked on MIS and workforce reporting and potential development of staff dashboards for Workforce Information

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Parking

Work place

I have worked in Bolton hospital for 5 years and enjoy what I do. I help others as I would like to be treated the area I work in is friendly and easy to work with.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Great place to work. Always looking for ways to improve services. Listens to the opinions of staff and implements change when nescssary. As with all NHS Trusts budgets are being cut year on year so always looking for ways to save money

Pros

Job security

Cons

Fast paced

Boring

Didn't enjoy the workplace due to the environment that was set out. I couldn't find myself working in such an environment as there was restricting work that I could perform.

Stressful and uncaring toward staff with a bullying culture

unsupportive managers without qualifications and qualities to care and manage staff effectively. Low morale, poor staff levels to care for patients. Lack of compassion towards staff who are expected to work in unsafe conditions. Only time improvements are made is when visits are made by auditors etc staff development poor a bare minimum or non existent

Pros

Cons

Always off work late staff turnover low morale

Good but not promising

It is nice to say you work at the hospital but once you are in it is very difficult to advance up the ranks. You can get stuck in a rut and very little in the way of career prospects, especially as an apprentice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Bolton NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location