boohoo.com
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

boohoo.com Employee Reviews

The people you work with are nice enough, but as soon as you don't hit your targets you get kicked out. Otherwise, a good place to work if you like fast fashion and quick money.
Pros
40% staff discount on all stores
Cons
Long hours sometimes worked 6/7 days pay not worth it. Managers show clear favouritism and if your not the favour they treat you different. Barley any COVID procedures empty hand sanitizers and office spaces were tiny.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
Boohoo are a fantastic company to work for. Pay is average , conditions are good. We have a great laugh and the atmosphere is friendly.The holiday benefit are great . Fantastic staff discount.
Pros
Days go quick
Cons
Food not great
Rude horrible managers.Targets to high.No work relationship with managers.Staffline and Mach do not pay you properly.Wages always wrongNo one cares about you. No job security Canteen is good.
Pros
Canteen food is ok
Cons
Everything!!
I worked there for about 1 year, sorry for the late review as i left a few months ago. The engineers and assistants i worked with were nice to get on with and helpful.Job is easy but boring, not a place to work if you need job satisfaction and stimulation.Management stinks. We got no pay rise and no reason as to why not despite the firm making massive profits. We also got promised a bonus if the firm hits profit figures, we did get it eventually, but again they told us nothing and it came late despite the profits being a record level. Also tried to say they don't have to give it as its discretionary, yet at my interview they used it as an incentive. My immediate manager only cared for himself, never pushed for anything for the engineers, just laughed when problems raised with him. I told him this during my exit interview, but I have been told nothing has changed.We were also told we would get free shares each year, I have found out that none of the engineers got them this year yet the managers and team leaders did, another example where all they care about is themselves. No explanation to the engineers as to why they did not get them.When i joined all engineers were on 41000 yet i got 40000. They had no reason as to why and would not sort it out despite the fact i am more qualified than some on 41000.
Pros
Workers are nice people
Cons
Bad shift pattern. Very poor management.
Don't even Consider them. Look for any excuse to sack you. Bad management. Targets unachievable and they use this to get rid of you. I can't think of anything good to say about them.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Reading reviews before i started put me of but tbh , like people say at boohoo a good percentage of the bad reviews are just from people that couldnt hack the job. After my first week i wanted to quit so bad my back hurt my legs hurt my feet killed , but i stuck at it for the money and 2 months later the pain stopped you get used to it. The job would be 5 stars if the job security was good but if u dont get target then after 3 warnings ur gone , its not fair coz it depends on the parcels you get weather you hit target are not for example if you get sh**t ones with boxes and that then its impossible to get target. However if you get Big parcels full with little items of clothing then tagets easy. Also to get target with just basic parcels youd have to stand there constantly working without any form of talking, which makes the job bad and makes you depressed at work , for me i liked to speak and that to get me threw the shifts so when i didnt get target i would get told of for talking , they need to lower the target to around 53 in my opinion that would make the job easyer and would give you better job security , and make it more fun and not depressing. Team leaders on Red AM are nice liked all of them. One more thing i didnt like was a lot of the people dont speak nor understand English which leads English people to be surronded by people speaking around them and they cant help but wonder if there talking bad about them. Overall id recommed the job of ur just looking for a short teen job -i stayed for 5month , are if ur looking for a part time job. If you have rent and bills - more...
Pros
Pay, vending machine, meeting people
Cons
Job security, can be depressing, takes a while to get used to, the pain at start of working here for first couple months is unbearable
The salary they offer with the amount of hours they expect you to work equates to less than the hourly minimum wage.no option for overtime and its in your contract you have to work out of your normal working hours The actual working environment is fun if you're a younger person but it quickly wares off when you realise that you're nothing but a number and progression is near enough impossible. The person that trained me was on the same salary as me after being at the company for nearly two years. I imagine you'll be more valued at another company that cares for it's staffs health. If you work at boohoo its your whole life because you have no time outside of work
Pros
subsided lunches and free hot and cold drinks
Cons
long hours and disrespect
Una excelente oportunidad de trabajar en una empresa líder en el mercado laboral , se dedica a la venta online en Inglaterra y en todo el mundo.Horarios de trabajo de 12 horas por turno ,3 días por semana On y 3 días Off .Pero en los días ( 3) de descanso se puede trabajar ,,overtime"=extra.
Incompetent arrogant staff, especially management. Avoid working here if you value your career. They will not listen or have any interest in you as a person or for your ideas.
I worked in a small team and we grew really close during my time there. The work atmosphere in the company was young and lively. They expect you to work hard and fast during the workday, and party hard during work socials and parties
Pros
Early Friday finish, free staff socials and amazing xmas party
I was SO excited when I found out I had got the job as a Buyers Admin Assistant. However, even on my first day I was already skeptical of the role. I was asked to go upstairs into the 'hub' and tidy up all the clothes, hanging them all up. Really? After 4 years at University including a placement year, this felt like complete nonsense. They should at least hire interns or people who want to gain some form of work experience for this. The fact that so many 'admins' are asked to tidy the clothes up and management get mad when the hub is 'untidy' is ridiculous. Students have spent years and years, working extremely hard at University just to get this position and I feel that a graduate is more than capable of taking on the role of an Assistant Buyer/more responsibility. I am all about using my own initiative but the fact that Boohoo have no proper, professional structure to help individual career progression was completely baffling to me. The person that was supposed to help me was absolutely no help, not willing to show me processes or how anything was run. How can you expect new starters to thrive and progress when there is absolutely no learning system in place to do so? Not all bad... I moved teams and absolutely loved my buyer. We got on so well and we formed a clear structure of daily/weekly duties. Moral of the story, my experience here was both good and bad. The team you get put with can completely make or break your experience within a company which can unfortunately be the deciding factor in whether you choose to stay or leave for a different brand. - more...
Pros
Christmas party, SAYE scheme, free samples
Cons
No clear professional structure in terms or career progression, salary
When I worked at boohoo in the warehouse at nights thank god I only worked there a month It was awful just like zombies on a convoy belt I’m nit racist in what but way bull all the management is polish and on asking for advice and direction you are made to feel that uncomfortable that you would rather mess up than ask for advice as they then pretend they don’t understand you and sit in the office with the heaters on all night Watching us all freeze to death like slaves and all the heaters have notifications on them saying do not touch or could result in disqualification the worst place I’ve come across
Working at boohoo was a pleasure. I left to Join another company. The management I dealt with were easy to deal with. A couple of the ATL’s and TL’s are good at their job. If I was able to go back I would.
Cons
Shift pattern
Boohoo does pay there staff well there are no complaints there. They don’t care about the quality of the messages you send all they care about is the quantity of the messages you send on a daily basis. They don’t care about there staff I am going back to college this September and asked to go to part time hours that was refused and days later I lost my job.
Pros
The pay
Cons
No job security
Very poor company to work for. Poor communications, no training offered & unapproachable management. Stressful work situations. No principles & concern for staff welfare! Looking to get out of here as soon as I can!
Pros
Parties
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no support!
Pretty sure they’re racist,I had the team leader acknowledging everyone but me resulting in me not learning as fast because my questions were never answered. AWFUL PLACE WITH STUCK UP FEMALES. Fired me for turning up late twice even though I’d travel miles on the bus and would give them notice. Very awful people. AVOID!!
Pros
4 on 4 off
Cons
Everyone in there.
Boohoo is a job for the younger generation as there is lots of legwork involved. Since I worked there though, robotics have been installed and a new building added so possibly the mileage walked could be less.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Having to make up xmas hours in the new year.
Nice place to work - Own clothes and a (Terrible) cafe upstairs. Early finish on fridays, great parties, free shares. Very VERY poorly paid (VERY POOR). Managers do not train staff so have to work it on your own. Company itself do not care whatsoever about the staff - Not my own personal opinion but was the same vibe through the entire place.
Pros
Decent benifits - does not excuse the low pay
Cons
Low pay. No training. No good management. No care. Owner makes a pass at most females.
I was hired by boohoo as s warehouse operative and we were all told that us getting a permanent positiob wad dependant on fulfilling a set number of orders, due tomachine failure none of us were able meet this target and as such none of us were put on permanently Bohoo still owe me the payment for that day 9 years later
Pros
Cons
No security, very much who you know not what you know, no team spirit, poor cohesion
Under mach recruitment told. Me they would contact me. Today to tell me if. I'm. Working night or morning shift not heard anything back despite them saying see u Thursday. Rang five times and goes to voicemail not very good if you don't know what time your working at really. Walked around the warehouse fo4 about two hours induction then went back to the cabin to fill our details out on a tablet that kept freezing
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor recruitment service
  1. Employee reviews