boohoo.com

boohoo.com Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

The people you work with are nice enough, but as soon as you don't hit your targets you get kicked out. Otherwise, a good place to work if you like fast fashion and quick money.
Pros
40% staff discount on all stores
Cons
Loved working on the night team in customer service the company are so welcoming and it’s really a great experience they up your level of customer service and you can come out with great skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Managers don’t care what you do unless it’s the wrong thing then the whole company gets involved, hours are absolutely dreadful. Flat out refuse to look into holiday requests or any request. Takes week to get an answer about anything and even then it’s not the answer you need. STAY CLEAR
Cons
Long hours sometimes worked 6/7 days pay not worth it. Managers show clear favouritism and if your not the favour they treat you different. Barley any COVID procedures empty hand sanitizers and office spaces were tiny.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
Boohoo does pay there staff well there are no complaints there. They don’t care about the quality of the messages you send all they care about is the quantity of the messages you send on a daily basis. They don’t care about there staff I am going back to college this September and asked to go to part time hours that was refused and days later I lost my job.
Pros
The pay
Cons
No job security
Pretty sure they’re racist,I had the team leader acknowledging everyone but me resulting in me not learning as fast because my questions were never answered. AWFUL PLACE WITH STUCK UP FEMALES. Fired me for turning up late twice even though I’d travel miles on the bus and would give them notice. Very awful people. AVOID!!
Pros
4 on 4 off
Cons
Everyone in there.
My first team leader was a borderline bully, she made me cry all the time and feel so small. She made me dislike my job until she finally moved onto a different shift pattern. The team leader who fired me is notorious for being a bully and for firing people over minor things, she loved to abuse her authority at every opportunity. My dismissal appeal was handled so unprofessionally by the CCM who gave me two dates for the outcome, and didn't stick to either. They only gave development opportunities to people who sucked up to management- favouritism is evident in this place. The office and toilets are incredibly dirty and seem to never be cleaned. They often lied about overtime rates so people would pledge their time and then they would add unrealistic terms and conditions to it and tell people they could not cancel the overtime.
HA they get rid of you if you voice your opinions if you think they arent doing their job properly, got fired over something i wrote before i even worked their, 3 months down the line, because it wasnt a fair working environment and my TL is like Hitler, i said i dont think its fair we had our breaks cut even shorter when ordering food when everyone else in the other team was allowed to order no consistencies, her reply was "i make the rules not you" to then walk in because i forgot something to hear my team leader slagging me off on the phone, NEEDS SHUTTING DOWN
Poor managers and CCM are horrible. If you want a balance work n life it's not a place to work. No growth in terms more like modern slavery. Treat you like numbers. The only good thing was how much time can you avoid politics and thier vindictive behaviour. Process case weekly and target people who got voice. Voicepersonally.
I have worked for the company for 5 years and have seen great growth in customer services and the warehouse. There are constant opportunites to progress at boohoo, from job promotions to completing apprenticships or degrees. The work place is always friendly, and collegues are supportive.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at boohoo.com?
slave labor is well and truely alive when working here. Not even extra money offered for working on Christmas day nor was there and holidays offered. The working environment is pressurising and the management would often offer incentives and then they would never arrive.
The people who work in customer service are friendly and we are all one big family. Great career prospects if you wish to progress and in house training to help you get there
I'll start off with how rude and disrespectful the team leaders are to employees. Worked here - hit my targets, worked as a team, sent good quality messages and was sacked for apparently having bad quality. What a poor excuse - the management are bullies, patronising and made false promises to so many of us. The day would start off by having to sit at the dirtiest, dustiest desk left with crisp and chocolate wrappers from the night before - definitely not something you want to see in the mornings. The working conditions were appalling - you'd want to sit somewhere with a bit of fresh air for your breaks and lunch but no, the canteen in this department was unbearable, honestly more fresh air at the computers. Poor ventilation and they expect us to bring our own desk fans. Fair enough, we can't use phones at desks but they love to pick on you and pass sarcastic comments if you speak to someone across you for a matter of seconds. I've learnt that there's no way you can succeed and receive praise from team leaders for the quality and hard work you put in throughout the day unless your nose is up managements bum. I was randomly told to leave work in the middle of the day for apparently having a low score buddy when half of the advisors make spelling mistakes and still don't follow procedure. I wasn't given a fair explanation for why I've been told to leave which goes against employees rights. When i asked why I've been told to leave, the team leader had no answers to any of my questions. So bloody unfair when I was told I can't appeal for whatever reason. Told in my meeting - more...
Good place to work if you are confident and you can sweet talk the managers. But eventually, if they feel intimidated by you at all, they will find any reason at all to get you fired. My team leader investigated me behind my back and made a case against me to the centre Manager, of why I should be fired. The company claims I was fired for performance reasons, which is a lie, as some of my colleagues passed their probation who performed less than I did, on the same day that I was fired. The reason I was fired was for a mental heslth condition, of which i told them about in the interview for the job, and they accepted me as an employee. They then claimed this is reason enough to fire me, as the company is heading in a “different direction” and I am not “adapting” to this direction. They also said that there is no appeal process for being fired, so it was basically tough luck for me. I’ve never felt as much discrimination and favouritism than when working here. Used for a year, then fired. Stay away from them - unless you know how to use them back.
Pros
Yearly Bonus, Relaxed Environment with some Team Leaders
Cons
Team Leader’s all on a Power Trip, Inexperienced Managers, Discrimination in the Workplace, No Employee Rights
I have seen many businesses in my lifetime but this is by far the most forward thinking and progressive I have seen. If you don't make it in here, that means that you probably won't make it anywhere else, as they promote internal staff and give people a lot of opportunities to progress and growth. Fantastic culture throughout and some great incentives for the staff like share scheme. Beautiful new canteen and much improved facilities. Company do's in summer and for Christmas. Great place to work!
Cons
Avoid this company at all costs the company are awful to work for they make you work bank Holidays and Christmas day and you don't get a day in loo. The wage is just Bearley above min wage. The company sets unrealistic goals and comes down on you on you hard and fast if you even so much as sneeze. Seriously avoid this company at all costs.
Cons
Having worked here for around 9 months the team mates are friendly and helpful but anybody above your job position is useless, bossy, snobby and all round very unfriendly.
Pros
wages
Cons
pressure, targets, breaks
The work is easy - but the management is very biased and corrupt. Progression and extra opportunities are only given to those who know the managers on a personal level, and even they are very very basic. There is frequent lack of communication between management which causes a lot of conflict across teams. The environment is not very professional. If you are in probation, you can come in to work and be sacked on the same day without any notice. Preference is given to daytime staff as opposed to evening staff. Rules constantly change to suit the individual in charge. If you have any issues and raise a grievance, you will suffer from detriments after this - the management frequently lie to cover up mistakes they have made and make the employee to be problematic. A good progressive company, but the wrong style of overall contact centre management. Zero job satisfaction - resulting in poor performance from employees. If you choose to work here, be sure to have a solicitor on standby.
Pros
Good working equipment
Cons
Micro management, no progression, classroom environment
The training and the job was boring, and the team leaders hardly did anything. Some were only nice to the advisers they liked, and they would still expect you to work if you're ill. Some don't even allow you to talk to your friends whilst your working and the only good thing was making new friends. Also you don't get double pay or time and a half for bank holidays & xmas etc. They're also not understanding when it comes to changing shifts. You only get an hour break for the 8 hours you work, but you can split it in to 2 15 min & one 30 min break or you can have two 30 min breaks. You also have to work weekends
Pros
40% off staff discount
Cons
Absolutely despicable Company. ThIs is the worst Company I have EVER worked for! Team Leaders don't do any work they just gossip all day. If your face doesn't fit you've had it. You have to be a certain lazy, bone idle person to work here. They have NO standards and do not care about the staff! Avoid this Company at all costs! Work here at your peril!
Favoritism to specific members of staff. Unbelievably unprofessional managers. You are nothing but a number to this business. They do not care for you one bit. If you had been hit by a car and broke some bones they would sack you using some legality. Avoid!
Pros
Cons
Everything. Getting paid fairly. Having any sort of rights is non existent.
  1. Customer Service Representative