Booker Group

Booker Group Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here. Until boss change over. Hired as a driver. But run delivery office was a picker and loader. Both forklift trucks. Same pay. Nothing extra. No overtime pay.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Heavy work load.
I would still be working here but I got a job closer to home so I could take my daughter to school. The works easy enough from stock to tills and also cash office and reception and there a good bunch of people to work with and also the customers are also nice
I started work here as a driver and progressed through the company to move up the management tree, i dont feel some other reviews are justified that have been previously written on here before as for wages wise they are one of the highest paid in the area, and yeah it can be a hard and physical job but you are treated fairly i find
Pros
good money and flexibility
Cons
Sometimes long shifts but thats the nature of the business
Great company with stability and opportunities. Depending on role work life balance can be affected if work in store as you have to do early morning, late night and weekend work.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Can be unsociable hours
Been fun till they fired me without a good reason. Worked throu agency they said they treat agency same as booker drivers which isn't true. Job is hard, doing handball everyday into stores or garages.
Great place to work on all levels and departments, through great team work and communication goals are met and completed, good management structure and communication.
Pros
Flexibility, people
I worked on night shift more then one year and guys whas good lots of fun but management are like dictators who dont respect family life and just punish you for everythink. Never say thank for work. You cant drink water in warehouse you cant use toilets only on break. I cant believe that i been there one year. Disgusting management.
Pros
lads
Cons
management
They only care about the business needs not about you your just a number to them it didn’t always be like this only since there was a new manger put in who is hardly ever there no communication between management or staff health and safety is a joke only one person who works from home so that explains the health and safety the only good thing is the lads and lasses you work with starts and finishes there wages are always messed up always something missing
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Everything else
Worst place ever to work. Would never recommend. Management are completely useless outside smoking 80 percent of the time. Lazy employees and work load given to the only ones who bother to do there job. drugs being taken in the big freezers and behind the cash office. Breaks not monitored staff members constantly sneaking out for cigarettes. Weekend staff is like a school playground. Certain staff members are favoured and get away with things others never would. Overall the worst place I have ever worked in my life.
Cons
Management are rubbish!
Management are like little kids. Nothing is there fault. It’s always the drivers fault if anything goes wrong. Even if they tell you to do it. It wasn’t until I left there that I realised just how bad they were to work for.
Pros
There are None
Cons
They will try and sack you for the slightest litle reason
Avoid shocking company put you on part time hours contract with full time hours worked no overtime rate.Holiday pay paid at part time hours.Management are bent as l due to bonus scheme
After working there for a while you soon learn that the management culture is as bad as it gets in terms of the bullying and there is no value for the individual you are treated very poorly and there is a high turnover culture in the company as an whole no-one and I mean noone wants to stay in the company for too long
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Too many to describe
I worked for bookers as a delivery driver for the company. Mainly doing catering, pubs, restaurants etc. It got extreme sometimes doing 14 plus hours a day sometimes but i loved my job. Had fantastic job working relationships, both within and outside the business. Such a shame how bookers didn’t hold much value in anyones position however. To be blunt i was sacked after it came to light of a SPENT past conviction. I know this is illegal but nevertheless they still dismissed me. And not just myself they also seemed to have a trigger finger when it came to any conduct. Driver, manager even area manager were in my time and before my employment. Bottom line good company but just that shallow and soulless at the top a real let down and just short of what could be in my opinion. One of the best places of work.
Pros
Buy in store at discount, free crisps, seasonal events, good working atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, heartless HR department
This could have been a brilliant place to work if not for ONE person. The job itself is a very good job. The wage and hours are OK. Unfortunately the area manager is a horrible person who makes it difficult to enjoy your job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The area manager
Take my advice, don’t work here. Completely stressful horrible company withDictator management and supervisors who treat staff like dirt. Go find a better outfit who value staff. If there are any out there now.
Pros
Cons
Loads.
Worth it if you’re looking for some money or a first job. Really isn’t much that goes into the place, boring and dirty with rat problems. Supervisors only like the employees that work hard to make their life easier and will do nothing to appreciate it but calling you their “hero”. They will always try and get the most out of you for £8.87 ph which is poor for the amount of work you will be doing. The management is bone idle and area manager just sits about and slags people off when the store looks untidy. The equipment needs changing across the store, for example, the cages are all mostly broken and rusty which makes it harder to pull around the warehouse. However, you get a very generous 10% off at Booker.
Pros
10% off at store
Cons
Every day is the exact same
Hard work for the pay.Small shops with no were to park many stores are handball you have to park on path ways double yellow lines and red no stopping rutes or push the gages that weigh half a ton full of pop and water half a mile to the stores then the gage does not fit through the door you have to check off high value goods and if there is any missing you have to do a interview when you return back to base makes you feel like you have had the missing stock were the Wearhouse has not loaded the run currently .They send runs out with with article vehicles when it says 18 tons vehicle s only bad planning .chat to most of the drivers and most are looking to leave says a lot for the company really so if you want to be pulled up for braking late when you get cut up by some other vehicle or told they want there stock putting around there store when they give you 30 minutes to unload 5 gages hand ball the drive 15 miles to your next store come work for bookers
Pros
Going home
Cons
Getting a coffee at ya last drop
Only good things is Job and knock and wages.Mostly young foul mouthed druggy Females in transport office with no clue from one end of a lorry to the other. No problem having cameras outside monitoring, but the Inward facing audio cameras that are constantly monitoring you, even though they say they are not. And they still are active even if your on your break...They Dont deal and listen to any issues that you have. And if you complain about things, you won't be here long. Dont know how I survived as long, I'm here for the money. thats it.
Pros
Wages overtime rate.
Cons
Team Managers inward facing Cameras
Long hours, short staffed. The more you do the more they want!! Want you to work long hours but don’t want to pay you!! Management speak to you like dirt...absolute joke of a company to work for.
Pros
Job security, share plan
Cons
Want you to work overtime...don’t want to pay you.
Where do i start??? This is the worst job i've ever had and i'm so glad to be out of there! The job starts off good with the managers saying you're great and the like, but they soon start shouting at you when you do something they deem as wrong like a low pick rate. The delivery supervisors encourage bullying by joining in with the 'banter' which get's personal most of the time. NEVER WORK HERE!
Pros
Good bonuses
Cons
Poor management from directors, not much time to do all the daily tasks, made to visit customers during COVID, will be leaving the company soon, as I have a new job
Pros
Cons
Leadership
  1. Employee reviews