Booker Group

Booker Group Employee Reviews

Was here for 7 months, at Erith some of the management had attitude but you get use to it. The drivers are helpful and friendly, and you can always ask someone if your not sure about anything.The job itself is physically challenging at times, but you get use to after a while. The health and Safety of cages could be improved alot better as some are damage and not fit for purpose.They take on newly qualified drivers, which I found great for confidence and getting use to driving 18ton and 26 ton trucks.The money could be better, but not bad as a start.My advice, go for it.
Pros
10%Discount at Tesco
Cons
No consistant shift pattern
Managers treat you like dirt and the money is rubbish . But the work is easy.Lorries are limited to 52mph. Agency drivers get looked after..........
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Rubbish pay and working conditions
The job gave me satisfaction and my work/life balance was good. I would have liked to keep up to date on fork lift etc so that if anyone was off work or left I could stand in. I felt good about my picking rates but stressed and anxious if I had to deliver to customers, especially if they were irate about things that I had no control of such as traffic making me late or items missing from their order when I have not picked it.
Pros
free parking and team work
Cons
having to drive the van
Managers are scared to death of making there own decisions. Managers have no management skills. Section leaders are all grasses. Work-life balance is none existent. The only company I know who tell you to turn off your NHS covid app whilst in work. No appreciation for what you do. If you make 1 mistake the management are on your back. All staff are treated like dirt. New starters work 7 Sundays out of 8. You are on a flexi contract which means they make you work your days off when it is busy. If your not an a*** licker then this job is 100% not for you. The warehouse is run badly. You can't have an opinion on anything.
Pros
Working with brilliant lads.
Cons
Everything about booker!!!
Nice people. Lots have worked there for 20+ years.Really good training and induction process.Good bonus opportunities.Good discount package.Subsidised canteen.
Pros
Friendly management team
Cons
Weekend working
Lots of chances for progression if you have a can do attitude. Achieving bonus is attainable if you work hard. Decent canteen, you can choose what time you take your dinner break (varied slots) no headset picking, you use a wearable instead. Good training is given on induction.
Pros
Training, breaks, overtime, vouchers at xmas, double discount days
Cons
To much CCTV surveillance (big brother is watching)
Poor working conditions, amount of work expected from each member of staff unacceptable, very busy in normal times and not enough staff, center very dirty, poor rest room facilities, management unsympathetic when raising issues, health and safety? What's that!!! People riding on forklift forks, using forklift as a ladder, climbing racking. Poor training and coaching, progression is possible if your face fits
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay
I would still be working here but I got a job closer to home so I could take my daughter to school. The works easy enough from stock to tills and also cash office and reception and there a good bunch of people to work with and also the customers are also nice
I enjoyed working here. Until boss change over. Hired as a driver. But run delivery office was a picker and loader. Both forklift trucks. Same pay. Nothing extra. No overtime pay.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Heavy work load.
Great company with stability and opportunities. Depending on role work life balance can be affected if work in store as you have to do early morning, late night and weekend work.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Can be unsociable hours
Been fun till they fired me without a good reason. Worked throu agency they said they treat agency same as booker drivers which isn't true. Job is hard, doing handball everyday into stores or garages.
Great place to work on all levels and departments, through great team work and communication goals are met and completed, good management structure and communication.
Pros
Flexibility, people
I worked on night shift more then one year and guys whas good lots of fun but management are like dictators who dont respect family life and just punish you for everythink. Never say thank for work. You cant drink water in warehouse you cant use toilets only on break. I cant believe that i been there one year. Disgusting management.
Pros
lads
Cons
management
They only care about the business needs not about you your just a number to them it didn’t always be like this only since there was a new manger put in who is hardly ever there no communication between management or staff health and safety is a joke only one person who works from home so that explains the health and safety the only good thing is the lads and lasses you work with starts and finishes there wages are always messed up always something missing
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Everything else
Worst place ever to work. Would never recommend. Management are completely useless outside smoking 80 percent of the time. Lazy employees and work load given to the only ones who bother to do there job. drugs being taken in the big freezers and behind the cash office. Breaks not monitored staff members constantly sneaking out for cigarettes. Weekend staff is like a school playground. Certain staff members are favoured and get away with things others never would. Overall the worst place I have ever worked in my life.
Cons
Management are rubbish!
Management are like little kids. Nothing is there fault. It’s always the drivers fault if anything goes wrong. Even if they tell you to do it. It wasn’t until I left there that I realised just how bad they were to work for.
Pros
There are None
Cons
They will try and sack you for the slightest litle reason
Avoid shocking company put you on part time hours contract with full time hours worked no overtime rate.Holiday pay paid at part time hours.Management are bent as l due to bonus scheme
After working there for a while you soon learn that the management culture is as bad as it gets in terms of the bullying and there is no value for the individual you are treated very poorly and there is a high turnover culture in the company as an whole no-one and I mean noone wants to stay in the company for too long
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Too many to describe
This could have been a brilliant place to work if not for ONE person. The job itself is a very good job. The wage and hours are OK. Unfortunately the area manager is a horrible person who makes it difficult to enjoy your job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The area manager
Take my advice, don’t work here. Completely stressful horrible company withDictator management and supervisors who treat staff like dirt. Go find a better outfit who value staff. If there are any out there now.
Pros
Cons
Loads.
Worth it if you’re looking for some money or a first job. Really isn’t much that goes into the place, boring and dirty with rat problems. Supervisors only like the employees that work hard to make their life easier and will do nothing to appreciate it but calling you their “hero”. They will always try and get the most out of you for £8.87 ph which is poor for the amount of work you will be doing. The management is bone idle and area manager just sits about and slags people off when the store looks untidy. The equipment needs changing across the store, for example, the cages are all mostly broken and rusty which makes it harder to pull around the warehouse. However, you get a very generous 10% off at Booker.
Pros
10% off at store
Cons
Every day is the exact same
  1. Employee reviews