Booksy

Clear
3.9Job security & advancement

officeteamstaffenvironmentcompanymanagementworkinggreat

Fast paced & rewarding workplace

Excellent place to work, from day 1 I received full and thorough training for my specific job role and a great introduction to the company, its marketplace and competitors. Very inclusive and supportive culture - feel lucky be apart of such a great team that's growing daily!

Pros

Personal and professional development & career progression

The best place that I have ever worked

After suffering redundancy due to the pandemic I was in a very low place questioning not only myself, my work ethic and took me to a dark place. My application to Booksy was reviewed in seemingly record time up and I was invited to a screening interview with their recruitment manager and I knew at that point this is where I wanted to work. The screening went well and I was invited to a second interview which only cemented my feelings from that first interview. 4 months later and I still get that "first day excitement" I've been welcomed into an amazing team but also an amazing management team who have done nothing short of move mountains to ensure that I was able to work from home with all equipment being supplied directly to my door. Now we are back in the office and the work place culture is something I had only dreamed of. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and everyone is always able to spare some time to help and assist you. I've been lucky enough to in my short time already to be able to apply for promotion which, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for, something that is defiantly pushed for in house with so many opportunities presenting themselves.

Pros

Work Place Culture, Work Socials, Opportunities for Promotion, Great Work Colleagues

Insights into Booksy

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent workplace with a fantastic team culture

Great place to work where your given all the tools and support required to achieve success.Fun and inclusive company culture with a product that has limitless potential. Staff are all aligned with a common goal of success and growth of the company, some very talented and humble employees. Couldn’t recommend working with Booksy more highly!

Pros

Culture, environment, support and development

Cons

N.A

Brilliant people, brilliant job

I started working for Booksy in June 2021. Even though it has only been a couple months I can easily say this is the best job I've ever had. My role is really fun, working with other members of my team and with other teams across Booksy to help support businesses across the country and encourage them to grow and take full advantage of the app. The app itself is a brilliant idea and working towards making it bigger, better and more successful drives me and all employees at Booksy to work to their full potential. I work in the Eastbourne office and the atmosphere in the office is always really nice. Everyone is friendly and always happy to help and this makes for a lovely working environment. I have learned so much in the months I have worked here and can confidently say I have acquired many new skills and my confidence has shot to the moon. The management and way the teams are run within Booksy is easily the best I have seen in my working career. The communication and support between each team and each individual at Booksy is always spot on. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is working with multiple different people everyday across the country to help grow their business, all clients are very appreciative of the help and it makes the work so much more rewarding when you know you are making a big difference.

Pros

The communication, support and efficient training has allowed me to land on my feet within the company, making me feel welcome and a part of the team from day 1

Cons

Genuinely cannot think of one

Excellent first few weeks at Booksy

Having joined the company as a Customer Success Onboarding Agent a few weeks ago, I am yet to experience anything to fault. Management and staff are extremely welcoming and the role is enjoyable. The work/life balance is excellent and I'd definitely recommend Booksy to anyone looking for a social, driven team.

Pros

Social life, working hours, lunch breaks, benefits

Terribly Managed

Management openly use staff until they are no longer needed. Consistently overlook contributions of key team members and take credit for their hard work. Blatant misconduct from senior management is swept under the rug with no accountability and anyone who vocalized concerns is ostracized or pushed to quit/is fired! And as if this isn't enough team members are expected to work all hours and achieve unrealistic results while being offered no real leadership, practical advice or room for growth. (contrary to job ad and recruitment process.) A shame as product is great with amazing potential but the UK will never succeed with this type of leadership/attitude.

Biggest mistake of my career

When I joined the team, the UK team was very small. As time passed and the company grew it became more and more clear that management couldn't care less about us or even the company itself, only themselves. From being called an "Overhead" by the sales manager, who has countless HR complaints against them, to being called a liar by the country manager directly to your face when trying to raise your concerns with them. On top of that, god forbid trying to improve any broken processes as you will be disciplined while at the same time have your work taken by your manager to make themselves look better to their superiors. Avoid like the plague if you can.

Pros

There are genuinely lovely people trying to do their best.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from staff, little to no support once you're in the role, constant lies from management about opportunities and training.

Official response from Booksy

21 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you feel there were issues during your employment with us.Booksy takes its staff wellbeing and job satisfaction very seriously as per our company value of “people first”.The company has grown rapidly since it was founded and we have reached extraordinary milestones with the help of our amazing team. Our management team is incredibly dedicated to ensuring that our employees have ongoing support and access to various channels including HR if they feel the need to address any concerns. As a part of a wider global company, we are constantly improving our processes and we value any input from staff members, we even actively seek our staff's opinions through using various platforms. Praise is given out regularly and fairly and we pride ourselves in having a rewarding culture which includes global recognition and team achievements which are celebrated frequently. As we continue to grow, we are always providing regular training and advising employees of new opportunities for progression within the company. Please feel free to get in touch if you wish to discuss any of these points further.We wish you the best of luck for your future endeavours.

Exciting business to be apart of!

I joined Booksy in September 2019 and I love it! The culture of the company is fantastic, everyone works as a team. I am field based and live miles away from the office but always feel part of the whole booksy team! From a sales point of view, hard work pays off! When you put the hard work in, you will be rewarded! Great commission is there to be earnt! The management team have always been really supportive of me and any ideas I have had have been taken on board. Booksy is only going to grow and get bigger and bigger and its very exciting being part of a company like that as the limits and individual opportunities are endless.

Thoroughly Enjoying my Booksy Journey

I have been with Booksy for three months now and I am very happy. We have a great team and we are growing quickly. We work hard and play hard. It can be a fast paced environment, but you are rewarded for hard work. I have never worked for a company that has so many perks and such a good social aspect. The management are supportive, fair and consistent and there are plenty of options for job progression.

Fun and Exciting Workplace

I've been working at Booksy UK for nearly 3 years now and this company has provided lots of opportunities for me to develop in many different areas. I've had the opportunity to provide great customer support, learn new skills to further my sales knowledge and also how to extend this knowledge on to colleagues through leading training sessions. It's exciting to be part of a growing company where the atmosphere in the office is friendly, relaxed and a great place to work. Booksy is leading in its market and it's a rewarding feeling to sell a product which is genuinely useful to businesses in the target industries. Full training and feedback is given to ensure you can achieve your targets and the salaries/commisions are motivating and rewarding. If you're willing to work hard and focus then you'll be rewarded greatly for the effort you put in. I've really enjoyed working for Booksy so far and am excited to continue working here for years to come to see where it will go.

Great job satisfaction , Passionate team

Working at Booksy has been an amazing journey. Not often you get a chance to be selling a product with such a huge win win, I have personally witnessed many Merchants being overjoyed with how Booksy has raised the bar in their salons and Barbershops, better organised, getting new customers from the app, having more time for their families and down time knowing with full confidence Booksy is taking care appointments 24/7 even when they are at sleep. In sales always breaking open new introductions hard work but highly rewarding when the job is done

Great fun to part of something growing so fast

Having worked for lots of startups before it's been fun to work for a company on the next stage of the journey. Is it perfect? No. Is it a bit rough around the edges? Yes...but that's part of its charm. The management are clearly passionate about making a difference and voices are genuinely listened to (both the customers and staff). Anyone can raise their voice and make a difference in the global business. You have to be very self motivated as the work isn't man-managed. So if you are someone that needs to be told what to do all the time, then this wouldn't be the right company for you. But for those that can handle this freedom, it's worth the reward. Add to that free food, prosecco on Fridays and days out on the company and it's a fun place to feel valued.

Quickly gone downhill

Was a great environment when I joined, good salary, high expectations but reasonable and all help was provided if needed to meet your KPIs. After new management joined quickly went downhill and soon there was no advancement opportunities, KPIs were unreachable, staff were expected to work overtime and workloads tripled. Soon staff were being fired all over the place, no job security and no staff make it past 2 years with the company.

Pros

Reasonable salary

Cons

Overtime is expected and management don't care about staff

Official response from Booksy

16 October 2019
Thank you for your review, although I am glad you were happy at Booksy to start with, I am saddened to hear that you became unhappy with the new management. There are several advancement opportunities within the company as we are doubling the size of our workforce by next year, this would give ample opportunity for the right member of the team to progress. We most certainly do not dismiss people from the company unless we deem it absolutely necessary. We have a structure that we follow strictly to give employees the chance to improve on any issues/ drawbacks they may be having. Besides – we invest in people by training, supporting and guiding people to be the best they can, therefore it would be counterproductive to fire employees without a truly good reason. KPIs can sometimes feel unreachable, but the company has targets and management are there to support if people are struggling. I wish you all the very best in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booksy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement