Booksy

Booksy Management reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews

Clear

Amazing workplace

I've never worked in a place that has such a good work culture. Everyone is warm and welcoming and management seem to genuinely care about your wellbeing which is refreshing.

Pros

Low stress environment

Productive & fun workplace

Easily the best job I have had, I have felt like working here has improved my skills. I work within a small team in inbound, everyone has the same goal and passion for the job, which makes life easier. Management is fantastic, always making sure you are okay and updating you with the latest in Booksy, which helps supports the service providers with the latest info. Within the environment, it's laid back, get given fruit and coffee throughout the day. Treated well here :)

Pros

Clean & Tidy working environment, regular 121 with manager, support

Cons

N/a

Insights into Booksy

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

The best place that I have ever worked

After suffering redundancy due to the pandemic I was in a very low place questioning not only myself, my work ethic and took me to a dark place. My application to Booksy was reviewed in seemingly record time up and I was invited to a screening interview with their recruitment manager and I knew at that point this is where I wanted to work. The screening went well and I was invited to a second interview which only cemented my feelings from that first interview. 4 months later and I still get that "first day excitement" I've been welcomed into an amazing team but also an amazing management team who have done nothing short of move mountains to ensure that I was able to work from home with all equipment being supplied directly to my door. Now we are back in the office and the work place culture is something I had only dreamed of. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and everyone is always able to spare some time to help and assist you. I've been lucky enough to in my short time already to be able to apply for promotion which, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for, something that is defiantly pushed for in house with so many opportunities presenting themselves.

Pros

Work Place Culture, Work Socials, Opportunities for Promotion, Great Work Colleagues

Brilliant people, brilliant job

I started working for Booksy in June 2021. Even though it has only been a couple months I can easily say this is the best job I've ever had. My role is really fun, working with other members of my team and with other teams across Booksy to help support businesses across the country and encourage them to grow and take full advantage of the app. The app itself is a brilliant idea and working towards making it bigger, better and more successful drives me and all employees at Booksy to work to their full potential. I work in the Eastbourne office and the atmosphere in the office is always really nice. Everyone is friendly and always happy to help and this makes for a lovely working environment. I have learned so much in the months I have worked here and can confidently say I have acquired many new skills and my confidence has shot to the moon. The management and way the teams are run within Booksy is easily the best I have seen in my working career. The communication and support between each team and each individual at Booksy is always spot on. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is working with multiple different people everyday across the country to help grow their business, all clients are very appreciative of the help and it makes the work so much more rewarding when you know you are making a big difference.

Pros

The communication, support and efficient training has allowed me to land on my feet within the company, making me feel welcome and a part of the team from day 1

Cons

Genuinely cannot think of one

Excellent first few weeks at Booksy

Having joined the company as a Customer Success Onboarding Agent a few weeks ago, I am yet to experience anything to fault. Management and staff are extremely welcoming and the role is enjoyable. The work/life balance is excellent and I'd definitely recommend Booksy to anyone looking for a social, driven team.

Pros

Social life, working hours, lunch breaks, benefits

Terribly Managed

Management openly use staff until they are no longer needed. Consistently overlook contributions of key team members and take credit for their hard work. Blatant misconduct from senior management is swept under the rug with no accountability and anyone who vocalized concerns is ostracized or pushed to quit/is fired! And as if this isn't enough team members are expected to work all hours and achieve unrealistic results while being offered no real leadership, practical advice or room for growth. (contrary to job ad and recruitment process.) A shame as product is great with amazing potential but the UK will never succeed with this type of leadership/attitude.

Biggest mistake of my career

When I joined the team, the UK team was very small. As time passed and the company grew it became more and more clear that management couldn't care less about us or even the company itself, only themselves. From being called an "Overhead" by the sales manager, who has countless HR complaints against them, to being called a liar by the country manager directly to your face when trying to raise your concerns with them. On top of that, god forbid trying to improve any broken processes as you will be disciplined while at the same time have your work taken by your manager to make themselves look better to their superiors. Avoid like the plague if you can.

Pros

There are genuinely lovely people trying to do their best.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from staff, little to no support once you're in the role, constant lies from management about opportunities and training.

21 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you feel there were issues during your employment with us.Booksy takes its staff wellbeing and job satisfaction very seriously as per our company value of “people first”.The company has grown rapidly since it was founded and we have reached extraordinary milestones with the help of our amazing team. Our management team is incredibly dedicated to ensuring that our employees have ongoing support and access to various channels including HR if they feel the need to address any concerns. As a part of a wider global company, we are constantly improving our processes and we value any input from staff members, we even actively seek our staff's opinions through using various platforms. Praise is given out regularly and fairly and we pride ourselves in having a rewarding culture which includes global recognition and team achievements which are celebrated frequently. As we continue to grow, we are always providing regular training and advising employees of new opportunities for progression within the company. Please feel free to get in touch if you wish to discuss any of these points further.We wish you the best of luck for your future endeavours.

High Staff Turnover

Booksy was once a nice place to work for most, however they have dramatically come to a point of high turnover of staff by employing anyone who will be willing rather based on their character or skill (Normally at a higher salary than the current staff). Most staff won't stay longer that 3-6 months due to the unrealistic expectations for the wage. I didn't stay long due to unrealistic expectations of my role.

Pros

Coffee machine

Cons

wage, management, equipmement

17 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're sorry to hear that you felt the expectations of your role were unrealistic. Booksy UK has grown rapidly since it was founded, and we pride ourselves on giving our employees the chance to participate in additional projects, to develop their skills, knowledge base and demonstrate that they are team player. Whilst these additional projects are by no means obligatory, we are proud to say that the majority of our team have gone above and beyond to develop their role via this means and have received promotions thereafter, based on their participation and involvement.We’re proud to say that our staff turnover remains low, most recent hires and newest employees are either those who have joined due to the incredible growth of the company and openings of completely new roles, with those who were replacing existing roles, have now been with us over a year now, alongside our many staff that have been with us since the beginning.Our recruitment process is very fine tuned and we employ people based on many different factors, character and skill being the highest.The salary that Booksy offers along with the commission and bonus package are carefully considered dependent on the above factors, and heavily rivals all other businesses in our sector and area. However we must stress that People First remains our core value and we do not offer higher salaries to new team members than that of our existing, loyal staff members. Please do feel free to get in touch should you wish to discuss further.

Exciting business to be apart of!

I joined Booksy in September 2019 and I love it! The culture of the company is fantastic, everyone works as a team. I am field based and live miles away from the office but always feel part of the whole booksy team! From a sales point of view, hard work pays off! When you put the hard work in, you will be rewarded! Great commission is there to be earnt! The management team have always been really supportive of me and any ideas I have had have been taken on board. Booksy is only going to grow and get bigger and bigger and its very exciting being part of a company like that as the limits and individual opportunities are endless.

Awe-inspiring

The people who work at Booksy can be described by numerous words but my favourite is inspirational. They're like a huge family that can make even the most growly kind of person come out of their shell. There isn't a 'hierarchal' feel, no one is better than anyone else, they're all treated equally. They're diverse and open. It's a fantastic and (I'm going to say it because I'm a bit of a geek) 'futuristic' environment. The work is challenging but it's constant and thrilling; the companies aims are transparent- so you know what you are working towards and you know you are making a big difference. The work I've added has all been taken on board and I always leave the working day feeling like I've accomplished something. I've worked here for 2 months and am so excited about what the company is always about to achieve. If there is something in my workflow that I think needs changing or tweaking or even overhauling, they will take my opinion into account and we talk about it openly and make amendments if need be. Management is exceptional because you know where you stand and they help you grow as a person. I've just started doing computing and IT as a degree in my own time, but my manager is so promotive of it. The business is growing bigger and bigger every day and it's so fantastic to be a part of that.

Exciting, Fair & Refreshing

Booksy's product and business model has allowed it to grow massively with no signs of slowing down. Being in a growing company is refreshing, with new opportunities and things to learn all the time. It's very busy and there is a lot still to do as the company grows, the people in the office are lovely and the management team seems like it really cares about people. Not sure what some of the comments about overtime and unreachable KPIs are about, there's a real feeling that when you're at work you're working, when you're at home it's time for rest and rejuvenation. I've also personally witnessed management going above and beyond for employees and there's a real feeling that the management team values their team. The environment is fairly relaxed compared to some working environments and it's nice working with a product that really seems to change the lives of those that use it for the better. Sometimes the "startup/ scale up" mindset can be hard to adjust to for some people. I find the days fly by at Booksy and the people are really enjoyable to work with on a daily basis.

Thoroughly Enjoying my Booksy Journey

I have been with Booksy for three months now and I am very happy. We have a great team and we are growing quickly. We work hard and play hard. It can be a fast paced environment, but you are rewarded for hard work. I have never worked for a company that has so many perks and such a good social aspect. The management are supportive, fair and consistent and there are plenty of options for job progression.

Great fun to part of something growing so fast

Having worked for lots of startups before it's been fun to work for a company on the next stage of the journey. Is it perfect? No. Is it a bit rough around the edges? Yes...but that's part of its charm. The management are clearly passionate about making a difference and voices are genuinely listened to (both the customers and staff). Anyone can raise their voice and make a difference in the global business. You have to be very self motivated as the work isn't man-managed. So if you are someone that needs to be told what to do all the time, then this wouldn't be the right company for you. But for those that can handle this freedom, it's worth the reward. Add to that free food, prosecco on Fridays and days out on the company and it's a fun place to feel valued.

Fun and fast growing.

Definitely a fun environment. Can't remember laughing as much in any other job and great to feel a part of building something new. Not without its challenges as they are growing so fast but if you have the right attitude then it is a really fantastic environment. Management committed to staff wellbeing. Supportive culture, regular feedback and training. Good money if you work hard. Nice perks like monthly socials regular office drinks and fresh fruit.

Pros

Fast growing. Exciting.

Cons

Target driven.

Poor.

Management team is exceptionally poor, high turnover of staff. Very little support, sink or swim attitude. I spent 19 months there, things all changed before I left and the company went "corporate".

16 October 2019
Booksy Management team pride themselves on open-communication, support and giving the team the tools necessary to grow and excel in an international, growing SaaS (enabled marketplace company. I am sorry to hear that you felt the management was not up to your standards and I hope during your 19 months with us, you brought this up with senior management in a constructive way for their attention. As we have grown massively in a short period of time, the pressure is always on but our team is always dedicated to the cause and always communicate any problems they may be having. Our support has not changed since day one. While we do expect a lot from our team, as we do from ourselves, we give a lot back and as per our values, we love what we do. I wish you all the very best in the future.

Quickly gone downhill

Was a great environment when I joined, good salary, high expectations but reasonable and all help was provided if needed to meet your KPIs. After new management joined quickly went downhill and soon there was no advancement opportunities, KPIs were unreachable, staff were expected to work overtime and workloads tripled. Soon staff were being fired all over the place, no job security and no staff make it past 2 years with the company.

Pros

Reasonable salary

Cons

Overtime is expected and management don't care about staff

16 October 2019
Thank you for your review, although I am glad you were happy at Booksy to start with, I am saddened to hear that you became unhappy with the new management. There are several advancement opportunities within the company as we are doubling the size of our workforce by next year, this would give ample opportunity for the right member of the team to progress. We most certainly do not dismiss people from the company unless we deem it absolutely necessary. We have a structure that we follow strictly to give employees the chance to improve on any issues/ drawbacks they may be having. Besides – we invest in people by training, supporting and guiding people to be the best they can, therefore it would be counterproductive to fire employees without a truly good reason. KPIs can sometimes feel unreachable, but the company has targets and management are there to support if people are struggling. I wish you all the very best in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booksy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement