Boots

Boots Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4,489 reviews

Found 4,489 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,751 reviews

Not a bad place to work

Used to be a wonderful place to work but continuous organisational restructures has led to lots of good people leaving and has been very disruptive and not great for culture.

Trainee pharmacy assistant

Absolutely no support from senior staff. Customers are rude as the way the store works is not satisfactory, low pay, long hours and not once did I get a thank you for my work!!

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Rude customers

Insights into Boots

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Fast paced

Most of the staff was lovely but due to the environment being understaffed and fast paced. It was hard to understand and or grip the knowledge. I was being 'taught' . I got in trouble often for not learning quick enough although most of the staff have never gripped most of the knowledge to do with stock. I do not recommend learning the ins and outs of pharmacy within a understaffed and small one. It will quickly turn into a massively impossible load.

Pros

Nice staff, location, pay

Cons

Complex information not taught properly, unfair work load

Always different

You will never have the same day twice. There isn’t a boring moment and all the staff are so friendly and willing to help you whenever you need. i felt welcome and safe working here and no one judges you for being yourself. There is people of all ages working there which makes it even more welcoming.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Long time to wait for linch

Please do not work here! You will regret it

In my 10 years of retail, I have never experienced such bad place of work terrible training terrible management no support no respect given if your slow learner they will force kick you out please do not waste your time

Pros

the only pro they give you PPE too wear and uniform

Cons

exhausting hours of work, no training, bad pay, being disrespected on shop floor, No professionalism.

I had a bad experience

Management had their favourites and it was rather obvious if you weren’t one. It was obvious i wasn’t a favourite and felt I wasn’t even liked. This was made a bit clear when I was being told off for little things other staff also did. And it was done in front of customers too which is unprofessional and was rather embarrassing. There is no training. I get you learn on the job but all I was really taught was the basics of the till very quickly by my coworkers. The coworkers I had were lovely and did help out when they could when I came across a problem or something I had no clue about but it was hard as everyone is always so busy as there was always so much that had to be done and not enough staff. I had to learn a lot of things on my own or just make it up. And the manager didn’t seem interested in training me when they were in even when one time I told them I didn’t know how to do a job they still never taught me. It was stressful not knowing how to do things I needed to know for the job. Only positives of the place was that pay was decent and there was decent co workers when I was there.

Sometimes enjoyable

Nice manager Long shift on feet Good training provided Busy with limited staff, had to cover both till and pharmacy desk Customers often rude and difficult

Pros

Managers, salary, flexibility, training

Cons

Customers, stressful

Fun, Welcoming, Enjoyable

I was a Xmas temp and got laid off before December. Bad management, lack of training on tills. Not professional. Don’t waste your time in touchwood boots

Pros

Staff canteen

Cons

Pay for hot drinks, bad management

Stressful

Poor management and short staff led to being asked to work longer and being stretched for work. Staff members were all lovely and supportive so this made it easier. Expected to deal with cash counting and safe counts without an increase in pay.

Pros

Lovely staff

Cons

Poor management

Worst job I ever had!

Teribile management who shout on you on the busy shop floor and in front of your colleagues and telling you off for small things. I didn't receive any training so I had to figure out myself. The job description says something but actually you have to do everything in the store like helping the security man??? I felt like I applied for security job. I feel mislead. The staff which works for specific brands are lazy and never helping. They expecting beauty specialists sell for them and do everything for them. They get the commission and we do not. Plus they see you are busy doing multitasking and still bossing you around and telling you off. The environment is toxic. I don't recommend this job. It's super stressful. My mental health was down after this job. Horrible!!! Thanks God I left.

Pros

Free samples and products

Cons

Long hours, toxic environment, bad management, super stressful job, not worth it!

Good but undervalued by the company as a whole

Great coworkers and enjoyed most aspects of the job. Very fast paced and can be very stressful. Being understaffed was common, leading to abusive customers/patients which was why I left. Head office need a kick up the bum with them threatening to cut staff hours although we couldn't keep up with demand when working flat out every day.

Not a nice place

Very cliquie group of people. Did not make me feel welcome and I was pushed from 1 store to another. I was not told this in my interview. Manager and staff were rude and unprofessional. They would all slag each other off behind their backs.

Fun place to work

Great place to work. I worked in a few departments and they were all great teams. Management were very approachable and listened. Xmas was fast paced and best time of year.

Great place!

Lots of training bit worth it!Definitely a lot of standingLots of customers but the work atmosphere and balance is quite good!Sadly the pay isn't great.

Poor management

Horrible management and a really bad work environment. Tried to complain to somebody higher up and was told there is no HR for staff.Women who have been in the job for years seem to be little the younger girls rather than help them.

Ok

It's OK to work for it was hard at the start alot of the jobs were flogged of to me but apart from that all the staff were great to work with and management

Brilliant

Like a family. Great discount schemesUniform includedGood trainingPersonableOpportunity to progressSome have been there over 20 years which speaks volumes

Overwhelmed

I’ve only just started and I feel like I’ve been thrown into the deep end. My first day and I wasn’t shown anything. Left to fend for myself. As a beauty specialist you have to cover the makeup counters and have a good sense of knowledge but you don’t get any training for the brands unless you work for the brand itself. You have to find the information for yourself. The atmosphere just feels weird like you can feel how stressed others are. Not the best first day.

Cons

Poor training and organisation

Avoid if you like to be treated as EQUAL!

Warehouse management worst I have saw.Office people treat you like you are not welcome at all, and everyone says the same about them, if not worse.No coffee offer, but no problem.The break of 10 minutes by law, you cant get out from the warehouse, even to get a coffee, wich they have only coffee machine with milk inside the warehouse, and they dont even care.

Pros

Nice collegues

Cons

Warehouse management

Under paid and over worked

No flexibility on hours, severely under paid, over worked. The staff in branch were lovely to work with, but not Boots itself. Will never go back to Boots.

Nice place

Good work life balance Good benefitsAwesome team excellent balanceSo many things to shareGreat team work and support from managerCan be a bit busy and fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement