Boots UK

Boots UK Employee Reviews

Found 3,639 reviews matching the search
You are expected to be smartly turned out, uniform is provided, and punctual. I mainly worked in the warehouse but most positions are shelf stocking and on the checkouts. Many of the staff have worked at Boots for a long time, 20 years plus is not uncommon so that speaks for itself
As an employee of 38 years I can honestly say that I USED to be REALLY proud of the fact that I worked for Boots and felt that I was part of a family - this DEFINITELY HASN'T been the case for the last few years where I have just became a number on their payroll
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Taken for granted
every dy different team work good management faie and flexible job responsilbilites made clear each day Training always on going plenty of people to ask if unsure
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
short staffed
Members of the team that are on the shopfloor and in the pharmacy are great, can make a wonderful set of friends whilst working there. Management are great in person but can use things told in confidence against you or someone else. A couple of great managers helped me to leave and begin the process of finding a new, better and wanted job. Many tasks are repetitive, boring, stressful or overwhelming, but there are a few things that are good and satisfying to complete
Pros
Biometric log in means pay is mostly correct
Cons
Mental Health is shot to pieces
Dealing with the beauty goods most of the time. Picking, packing normal warehouse stuff. The staff is friendly and always are there to help. Just ask.Working hours is very good, 12 hours - on nights 4 on, 4 off rota on going.Or 8 hours 5 days - 2 off
Pros
Has its own Canteen, the food is good there.
Cons
Sometimes toilets are taken for too long, need to wait on lazy people.
No support provided, all about targets and benefits for others and not for some. Face picking and favouritism. Arrogant management, starting from their head office all the way to the Assistant managers.
Amazing place to work, lovely staff, helped whenever they can. Good hours and great pay. Lockers for items in the staff room and the changing rooms.
boots dont care for there staff and certainly dont train there staff but blame you for not knowing . only good thing about boots is the discount card.you start 6 in the morning and you are no better thought of cos a manager cant be bothered to open shop .
Pros
work colleagues become family
Cons
management havnt ruined boots yet
Terrible company to work for. It’s all about the targets which is totally understandable but we are pushed to the max daily with unsafe working conditions. The mistakes made daily are shocking & covered up most of the time!!
Pros
Cons
Wages are terrible for the stress you have to endure
Bullyed by staff and management. Poor management.. bad behaviour, lack of communication by staff and management, misleading information, backbiting, no time for breaks, not professional at all. Don’t care about staff, just after number and figures.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Poor management, bullying, not professional
Poor upper management! They literally expect the earth and have no respect for there assistant managers! They act like you are completely replaceable
Staff nice to work with, managers are lazy. Don't get appreciated for the work you do and work can be very monotonous and repetitive. Gets extremely busy so you can't move from behind the till and legs ache so much at end of the day. Customers can be rude as well as they have to queue for such a long time.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Monotonous work
Looked like a great company to start with but they never came through on what they promised they would. If you just do this we can offer you this in a few months then a few more then more!
Great staff members to work with, very friendly and helpful. Learnt so much working their even though it was temporary but had a great time with everyone. Highly recommend!
The manager didn't have manners and patience they just just hide in their office playing candy crush or shopping online. Didnt have nobody to complain and the hours was so bad
I loved working as a Christmas temp at boots. The hours were long and the days were very very busy but it was very rewarding. Everyone was so nice and helpful and managers were amazing too. It was a fast paced and busy work environment and there was always something to do. One of the best parts of the job was being able to work with so many amazing people and the experience was great. I would definitely recommend working at boots to anyone who likes to keep active and likes hands on work.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
I enjoyed my time at boots massively. I worked as a Xmas temp on hybrid - picking and packing online orders on store. Every single staff member was helpful and so kind and I quickly formed many friendships. Management were equally as lovely and treated you as equals. The job was busy most of the time but it was so enjoyable and time flew by. I am hoping to be asked back once lockdown ends, as no temps could be kept on due to the national lockdown, but if not I would happily apply for other positions in the store.
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff, good break allowances, support and help if confused, fair pay
Cons
Only con is that I wasn’t kept on!
I absolutely loved working for Boots Head Office in Nottingham, friendly staff, good management. The only negatives were that the pay was a lot less than other companies in the area doing the same job and they say there’s progression however I had to pester my manager for a long time to do something different within the business, even then you don’t get paid any more for taking on more responsibility. I couldn’t have seen myself leaving the business because I felt secure within my role however I wanted to transfer within the company due to having to relocate and I wasn’t helped at all with a transfer and was just told to check the standard Boots jobs site of which, there were no available roles so was forced to leave the company all together. I didn’t feel valued as a long standing employee because of this reason. I would consider re-joining the company if a suitable role came up in the future.
Pros
Supportive staff/managers, effort to make sure staff are happy/make work more fun
Cons
Not enough pay, no attempt to retain long standing staff
Store manager expects far too much from staff with very little/no training, changes hours unexpectedly - if you refuse you are taken into the office and told that you have to work them otherwise they will find someone else for your job.Not appreciated for how much work you put in, and always expected to drop plans and work way more than full time hours. Pay is not worth it.Always made to do other people’s jobs and then get told that your performance isn’t up to standard and weekly figures are low.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad management, expected to work every single day
I worked at boots whilst I was at college. I worked there on the weekends and it was great. The management were so understanding with college commitments but there was also enough hours to pick up if I needed them. Great place to work and great people. I loved working here so much - I think the company is great and they truly value their staff.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Sometimes stressful if busy
Overall loved working for Boots. Great place to learn something new. Supportive team. Great bonuses and fair pay. However there were some cons. Most colleagues are fantastic and supportive, but few were not so great. Leaving me as new starter all alone without support at the tills. Then overheard them gossiping most of the time. Same colleagues were lazy enough and tried to shift their duties on us new starters.
  1. Employee reviews