Boots

Boots Employee Reviews

Found 1,269 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,340 reviews

It was great at the beginning

Stressed all the time, not enough staff, too much work, they cut down on people and now people can't keep up with the work load, management don't really care, people are not treated equally at all, you ask for one thing, you will get another, rota is all over the place gets changed everyday so you can't really make any plans. People don't feel happy there but nobody really say it

Pros

Staff discount card

Cons

Management, rotas

Awful Management

My title says it all, awful bullying management who have been over promoted. My colleagues were fantastic though, and supportive. The application process is a nightmare.

Pros

Cons

Awful management

Worst work experience

No time to study time for the NVQ to train in the pharmacy. My hours of study time wasn’t given back to me. I was scared to go in every single day as the manager would pick on me and the pharmacists would gang up on me. The staff that had been there the longest would moan about each other. Then get others to join in. The managers and Pharmacists are appalling they all work together to “cover” it up. Boots is known for being such a toxic environment to work for. I raised many complaints and didn’t get the outcome I deserved. I felt like I was forced to leave which was such a shame because I loved dispensing but now I’m too scared to ever dispense again. Complete waste of my time.

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay even after being qualified, fake people

good job role not great management or counter colleagues

I was a BBS at boots and originally wanted to reduce my hours after uni started, which they said was possible as they said they were flexible, until a few weeks after I started there and was unable to change my hours I was told its either full time hours, or nothing. I've still tried to commit to their needs and been flexible totem instead of them to me. counter staff are not all friendly they love to gossip and tell the manager their negative opinions of us yet they have never had a conversation with us mainly me and give off the impression they don't want to either. not the job I expected it to be as a beauty specialist however my job role I did love as it was all to do with what I love which is beauty and skincare just a shame poor management has gotten to this stage. many people have left and are leaving. just a shame I didn't hand may notice in weeks ago! older workers love to look down on you for being new and will pick out things even if you do your job properly.

Pros

job role, chill job, meet a few nice people

Cons

not flexible as stated, rude colleagues, not great management, end up doing other jobs not part of your role

Worst place to work at

Do not work there. The management is poor and disorganised, they lack people skills and compassion, and they don't care about you or your needs in the least and show favouritism to those who have been there for a long time.Every Saturday, the managers also release the rota for the following week, making it difficult to make plans outside of work or even have a life. Sometimes you find out you're working the next day with less than 24 hours notice, but the line manager refuses to allow flexibility or change the rota if we can't work that day. They expect us to have no life outside of boots, and while they emphasise their flexibility, it is a lie; you are only flexible for their needs, but they are not flexible for yours. Not to mention, the people who have been there a long time are malicious and entitled, and they believe they can talk to you anyway because they know the managers will never get them in trouble. With all of the cliquiness, gossiping and drama, it truly feels like you're back in school. Also, as a beauty specialist, you are expected to do everything in the store. If another department is understaffed, they expect you to go there and help out, which makes meeting sales targets more difficult. The counter managers and employees almost never do anything but boss you around.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Long hours, poor management, malicious colleagues

Friendliest company you’ll find!

I had the best time working for boots and miss it so much but had to leave due to complications with covid. They’re a great company to work for, I found some friends for life there and worked with some of the kindest people. The discount is pretty good and we got lots of beauty perks too!

Pros

Free/discounted makeup and good offers

Cons

Weekends and Christmas periods

Stressful, understaffed, awful!

I was so excited about this job.2 months no uniform or name badge, i kept having to introduce myself to staff and customers constantly asking "do you work here". - just embarrassing when you're representing the company and don't even fit in with the staff.I applied for a "Customer Advisor" nope.... it should be a Cashier! Don't be fooled. Staff commented....oh you're just on the tills....you've joined at the worst time....the worst was management saying you've been taken on for on tills. It's just disheartening really. I would have not have taken this job at all.Only 5 minutes of till training and then left on my own.Ringing the bell for help never worked - only 2 bells worked out of 6 - the queue was that far out of sight still hardly anyone came!Members of staff rotaed on tills made a sharp escape, serving 2 customers then leaving to go and sort stock out again, when there was still a huge queue. Just selfish.The conditions are awful, no air con, just plug in fans that don't even reach the tills. Lights have been broken for ages so the brightness of the 2 lights that work brought on extreme headaches.

Pros

1 hour dinner

Cons

Lack of help. Understaffed. Stressful.

Management the worst

Life in your own hand with no security guards as too expensive. Too much clique culture. You fight hard to progress only to have a restructure and still be doing the same job. Great conferences but only if you’re in the managers clique. Assistant managers change too much and they pick or train them to be clueless upstarts who are no good for support but treat their long time staff like rubbish with no knowledge of anything themselves. So you end up doing their job and are reprimanded in return.

Pros

Great conferences

Cons

Managers

Nice work

Boots was nice but I looking for a permanent job. Because boots is not permanent job . Sometimes is veerry busy and is to many people at work..... .

Cons

8 hours

Was ok not brilliant

Started as Christmas temp in October,finishing on Xmas day, all Xmas temps BULLIED and spoken to like dirt. Also nobody answers phones when you have to ring in because of adverse weather or illness then get told off the next day. Plus NO name badge and no training given. Be careful before you take a job here. Very ‘cliquey’ too

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Everything else

Awful company to work for

Terrible communication from management. Not given enough time to get work done, made to work extra without being asked Or extra pay. You don't know what your working one day to the next, receiving texts at ridiculous times saying if your in or not the night before. Numerous members of staff are unhappy and treated poorly. Staff put in requests regarding changes to help get the work done on time and they are ignored. Promises of more hours and better contracts are false. Told there not more hours for existing staff, yet always employing more staff. Avoid

Very nice atmosphere among Christmas staff.

Use Christmas staff with promises of being set on afterwards and not setting them on. Will try and get Christmas staff to do all hours that regular staff aren't wanting to do. Keep very old staff on permanently and give no scope for new starters.

Pros

Good staff discounts

Cons

Not enough break times.

Worst employers!!!!!!

Our store was so understaffed and disorganised. we couldn’t cope with the amount of prescriptions coming in yet our appalling managers would say we were over budget on staff!! What a joke!! And the targets are so unachievable yet they are on you like vultures trying to squeeze every penny they can out of the nhs!! They don’t care about their staff or customers just pound signs! I would warn you all DONT WORK FOR BOOTS they will work you into the ground.

Pros

Cons

Unrealistic targets, awful management.

Productive place

Working with Boots showed me how important customer service is in a company. Worked with great people who were able to train and advice me during busy hours.

Think very carefully

Good staff discount and ok uniform BUT not a very nice place to work. Inadequately staffed, bullying is rife and ignored by weak management. No incentive to work hard ... bonus only for top staff. Whole building is filthy and untidy and in some places dangerous. If you can put up with all that, the pay is very slightly above average, but certainly not enough considering the training you have to do, and the responsibility you will have. The company does not care about the staff, hence the high turnover.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Understaffing. Inadequate management. Pay

Fun work place

Working here was fun. However, being on your feet for the full day was tiring.In addition, there were days that were really disorganised and we were not sure who was working

Very stressful and management does not care

Boots is extremely unstaffed and management does not care. Very stressful work environment with no help from either co-workers or management. There has been countless times I have came home in years and now ended up on medication due to the stress levels in the work environment. With extremely long waiting times for a prescription you’ll will have to deal with complaints from upset customers and management that does not even acknowledge the problems but will turn the blame back on you, with countless times I’ve broken down on the counter due to getting no help to serve customers or help deal with complaints. Targets they set are ridiculous and cannot be met due to being extremely unstaffed. Furthermore when you are a new person in the store it is very hard to fit as boots stores are very cliquey. In short unless you like being treated like dirt in a very stressful work environment getting no help whatsoever this job is for you.

Pros

The money is alright

Cons

Management is poor, unstaffed, extreme stress and impossible targets.

All ways on your back to work hard and want more from you

Want you to do more hours than you can staff you work with can put a load on you to do y thay do nothing so it can be hard on your feet allday so wear flat shoes

Worst place I ever worked

Overall might be a good company to work for but the store I was in was uncapable of doing their job. Managment was misarable. Never got paid the right amount so you had to run after your money, waited ages to get a till number (3 months) and namebadge (6 month). My staff discount card didnt even arrive by the time I left the store. My adress never got changed in the system when I moved so p45 got send to my old flat (after 6 months of moving out of there) you had to ask managment a million times when you needed something and even then you got lucky when she provided you with the information. (Holiday days, training etc) on counter was a constant level of anxiety of not being good enough and all you got from managment was pressure. I could go on with my list for ages but I think these are the main problems.

Pros

Salary (if you get paid right)

Cons

Not paid the right amounts, managment!!!!!

Work Experience

I did work experience with Boots for 3 days, I loved helping customers find what they needed, stocking up on cosmetics, skincare, medications, food, drink

Pros

long lunch breaks

Productive and fun workplace

I had a really good experience with Boots.I did it as part of my work experience from school and a really enjoyed it.The people there are so nice and helpful and you can get along with them easily and quickly,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement