Boots

Boots Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4,381 reviews

Found 4,381 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,761 reviews

Fast paced

Everyone is a team you always help each other with every task. Friendly colleges. When it’s busy it’s stressful but you still pull together and have a laugh and can be yourself.

Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone

Higher management do not care one little thing for staff and you are never supported. Very bad pay, treated badly, and the higher management couldn't run a bath far less run a distribution company. Wanting drivers to use key code entries to patient homes but if anything goes wrong they are the first to wash their hands off it and not support drivers. Higher management and decision makers just looking at spreadsheets to make decisions rather having work knowledge of actually doing the jobs. And because of badly run management high staff turnover leaving branches short-staffed and over worked. So glad to being away from this disaster of a place. And don't expect to be paid well for working for this shambles. If you do something good you get a 500 advantage points to spend in their own store

Insights into Boots

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

awful

i worked in boots as a temporary in cambridge. As a first job it was okay, it was stressful some days but you get through it and time does go very fast. HOWEVER i wouldn't have mind staying if it wasn't for the colleagues. Some helped and others were just plain rude to my face. My manager had no problems with me but for some reason my colleagues did. The pay was good but again i suggest the managers keep up with their staff and see how they are because i had an awful time.

Pros

good pay

Cons

rude colleagues

Job satisfaction

Stress free and chilled job.just deliver the prescription as per the route and the jobs a doddle.training was very good.delivering to the vulnerable and elderly is appreciated by the customer most of the time.

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

Traffic

Fantastic first job

Equal pay for every employee.Great and friendly colleagues, helpful and friendly management.Fast Paced, Slightly overwhelming with how busy it gets.Overall great first job.

poor management

management is shocking, was the reason i left the job. very judgmental and is never satisfied no matter how hard you work. very hard to progress within your career

Productive and fun.

I've loved working for Boots Opticians, management are always so friendly and understanding. Every one has a smile on their face and is happy to help. And the incentives are engaging and enjoyable.

Unfortunately relocated and was made redundant was a great place to work. Made some lovely friends. Great pay was a fast pace and the hours were flexible.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Closed down

not for me

Didn't love it to be honest with you. Very very demanding and a lot of unnecessary pressure all for selling a bit of soap. Management rude as can be !!!!!

Pros

Cons

all

Productive and challenging

Such an amazing team I was a part of, learned so much knowledge and supported one others development to working efficiently within the team. The most enjoyable experience is serving a purpose to the team, pharmacist and of course the patients.

Pros

Discount at boots, boots opticians

Cons

Progression for career advancement

Like a family

Stressful and understaffed but great people and very welcoming but due to drop in hours people leave, lots of targets to meet and senior managers don’t care

Pros

Great team

Cons

Expect loads without contracted pay

Poor management, undervalue, short staff, no work-life balance, always feel pressure

I’m very disappointed on how they manage the whole department especially the pharmacy area. As per my experience I’ve started working to them for about 4 months, and as a trainee they already expecting you to do all the daily tasks as swiftly as the seniors can do without the proper guidance and training because of the short staff and very fast-paced environment. You don’t have a chance but to learn to do it by yourself and that’s quite hard. So much stressful and pressure every time you’re there, the other staff as well are rude. No appreciation from them even your trying your best to meet all the job on time so you feel very undervalue :(

Stressful and unrewarding

The pharmacy staff are miserable, overworked and under immense pressure to preform to higher standard than they are rewarded for. In consequence staff form cliques as if it were an American teen drama, overall not the place to waste your precious life on.

Pros

Discounted items but who cares

Cons

Long hours, unpleasant work environment, unrewarding

Never again

Maybe it’s because of the location I was in but had the worst time of my life. Work life balance was so non existent I was completely isolated from all my friends and family cause I was always working the worst shifts. When asking if this could change (for health purposes as well) I was told to just do a few more and then I would change, and it never did. You’re never really heard in this company and we weren’t even allowed to speak to the “higher” bosses when they visited the store. It’s ridiculous, stressful and incredibly draining despite having a nice team! Never again.

Fun job, that’s all.

I loved working here. The actual job was the best I’d had, but the management are an absolute pisstake. They don’t care about employees and don’t pay attention to what they say. They’re overbearing and also don’t care at the same time. Other staff were okay, some were great and others are so full of themselves and think they’re above you when we all get paid the same. Schedules are okay however the working week is Sunday-Saturday and would sometimes end up working 6 days in a row. Always have managers breathing down your back and getting on at you over things that aren’t even your job I.e if there was a theft it would be our fault for not watching when we are busy with customers or stock when they refuse to hire security.

very professional but friendly place to work

each day is different there are new challenges daily you never know what you are going to be face with put that part the fun of working for such a well respected company .you work with a team of people who almost become a member of your family in other words you have a family at home and if you are lucky like i was you have a family at work .with having this work family any problems there is always smoe one there to listen and guide you through any problems you might have

Okay

Decent place to work. Consists of maintaining the cleanliness of the shop floor and organising stock and the shelves. Also a role to make customers happy - to assist

Not good

Company that makes you feel completely undervalued. Pay is atrociousSalary is ridiculousy low. Company give you no feeling of gratitude for your hard work in

Boots

Job mostly involved basic activities like stocking shelves, pretty boring and menial. Decent career progression is possible but would recommend larger stores for this. Manager created a stressful environment and stank of cigs and aftershave.

Fast paced, lovely team, some managers better than others

As a customer service advisor, much of my work involves working on the tills, serving customers. I mostly really enjoy this, it gets busy but there is a supportive team around me. I also sometimes help with delivery which is okay and adds a bit of variety to the job. My direct colleagues are lovely, management are OK, some better than others. Pharmacy can be a bit stressful from what I can see.

Long tiring days but its a job

They work you hard but the pay isn’t very good.Have to be on your feet all day which is very tiring. Paid lunch breaks though so that is a bonus of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement