Boots

Boots Employee Reviews

Found 1,286 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,359 reviews

Good mix of people here

Good rate of pay, friendly staff and store manager. Fair breaks. Stores are always very busy, so have to spend most of the time on tills with long queues while other areas are under staffed.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not enough staff often working till on my own

I Would Not Go Back If Someone Paid Me!

Worked for the company for 12 years as a Pharmacy Dispenser, it got worse as the years went on. Stressful and underpaid! Bullying within the workplace and management turn a blind eye. People leave, never to get replaced. Management expect the same amount of work with hardly any staff and stupidly high targets expected. COVID Rules were not being followed and masks not being worn, management thought it was not at all serious. There's better places to work and I definitely would not return.

Pros

Can't Think Of Any

Cons

Underpaid, Stressful, Poor Management, Bullying.

Understaffed and under appreciated.

Understaffed, expected to reach targets otherwise told if we didn't hit targets there would be no jobs for us. Worked to the ground, people constantly leaving with no replacement especially in the Pharmacy Dept. Constantly being told its the needs of the business with no consideration for home life whatsoever. You are just a number to them. Not knowing your rota from one week to the next expecting your life to revolve around the workplace. They say they care about you but they don't. Once I left I had queries with wageslips no one got back to me it's like you've gone your not my problem anymore. Would not recommend this as a place to work

Pros

Discount

Cons

Where do I start?

Average job and workplace, it's okay.

Straightforward job as a customer assistant, can be a little repetitive at times but it is what it is. It's better when it's busy to keep you on your feet. Sufficient break times. Friendly staff.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Not many opportunities to grow

Stressful

Awful managers, target driven, working in an extremely negative environment, making you feel ill.They expect you to deliver the best service, achieve their unrealistic targets, but reducing staff.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Awful managers, extremely high workload

Management are a joke

No sort of appreciation from management. Didn’t get paid for 3 months on zero hour contract due to error and very very very clique like. Salary was okay but only benefit

great

Had busy and quiet moments but great people around the place that are always conscious of mental health and how you are working. The mmanagement were great and supportive

Fun

Was here while a student at uni, was really fun and easy goingStarter getting busier towards Christmas obviously but even then the shifts seemed to go quickly

Bad co workers

The co workers there are rude and think they’re the manager just because they’ve worked longer than you even if they had started a week before you. Overall, the work is doable however, it’s a toxic environment just because of the workers there

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Bad co workers, long hours, feet hurt

Not good at all

Just really bad place to work. Lack of training, expected to pick up straight away even if a leaner. Team leaders in relationships with management very bias

Pros

Cons

Expectation for minimal wage

Great manager BUT

Really good management but the team is a small team and is very clicky and if you didn’t fit in the group you really felt it. One person in particular is just a horrible person and treats people like dirt on her shoe but because that’s just her personality and has been there for years it’s just brushed under the carpet. Many people have left because of this person some have said that’s the reason and some haven’t in fear of backlash.

Super fun fast paced job

Loved working here, fun work culture, opportunities to progress, work in other departments and train. Good people and management largely good. Great pay and benefits too :)

Fun, lots of opportunities to grow and excellent work benefits

Boots is an excellent organisation to work for. The hours are really flexible and there are lots of opportunity to take on more shifts. The discount card and other benefits are amazing! The management are supportive too.

Pros

Discount Card

A good experience

I started as a Xmas temp and was made a permanent member of staff after my first year. I work part time for 7 years before I retired. I enjoyed working at boots especially at Xmas. This time of the year you worked at a fast pace and the comrades were in good spirits but you had to work hard. All in all a good place to work.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Shift work

Beauty specialist - BBS boots (awful)

I have never had such a bad experience as this one, I didn’t even last the week, I have been employed for several years and was extremely excited to be doing something in my field. Firstly the interview was virtual, which I was fine with. The interview itself was a lot more complicated that need me compared to the actual job in itself. While the pay is higher than most, it wasn’t worth it to me. I had never been invited to come for a look around after I had my job offer, you are made to do a great amount of online tests once receiving the job offer and this is all online and expected to be done before your first day. However there is such a great amount that also do not have anything to do with your job role at all, I had completed a fair few and expected that if I needed help I would be able to talk to my manager or trainer to help. I was made to sit in freezing cold room for 4+ hours finishing the tests. I asked for help which the manager flat out refused to help me with and over 45 minutes later sent the trainer in. I was then thrown onto the shop floor, without any sort of training, the person allocated to train me did not train me at all. Even though I am capable working with little instruction I expected formally fitted allocated training hours to be able to learn what is required of a BBS. I wasn’t told where to get products from, I wasn’t shown around the counters. I walked to the stands and from there I was on my own and instead of the experienced staff dealing with customers so I could learn, they would ask me to do client after client, yet I hardly knew where -

Pros

Two breaks

Cons

Horrible management, standing around, no training

Management is very stiff, extreme and beaurocrat

Too much stressWork takes over so no proper breakEgo driven company No appreciation for work doneManagement have favourites Staff treated unfairly

Pros

Cons

Too much stress

Poor Area Management

When asking my Area manager for support, lacked the knowledge I required and left me feeling like I couldn’t ask for support. Poor leadership, very tell environment and did not feel confident in their decisions. Concerned over the safety of patients as lack of resources put them at risk. Some very run down stores in need of money being spent

Cons

Poor Management and understaffed

Awful Management

My title says it all, awful bullying management who have been over promoted. My colleagues were fantastic though, and supportive. The application process is a nightmare.

Pros

Cons

Awful management

Worst work experience

No time to study time for the NVQ to train in the pharmacy. My hours of study time wasn’t given back to me. I was scared to go in every single day as the manager would pick on me and the pharmacists would gang up on me. The staff that had been there the longest would moan about each other. Then get others to join in. The managers and Pharmacists are appalling they all work together to “cover” it up. Boots is known for being such a toxic environment to work for. I raised many complaints and didn’t get the outcome I deserved. I felt like I was forced to leave which was such a shame because I loved dispensing but now I’m too scared to ever dispense again. Complete waste of my time.

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay even after being qualified, fake people

good job role not great management or counter colleagues

I was a BBS at boots and originally wanted to reduce my hours after uni started, which they said was possible as they said they were flexible, until a few weeks after I started there and was unable to change my hours I was told its either full time hours, or nothing. I've still tried to commit to their needs and been flexible totem instead of them to me. counter staff are not all friendly they love to gossip and tell the manager their negative opinions of us yet they have never had a conversation with us mainly me and give off the impression they don't want to either. not the job I expected it to be as a beauty specialist however my job role I did love as it was all to do with what I love which is beauty and skincare just a shame poor management has gotten to this stage. many people have left and are leaving. just a shame I didn't hand may notice in weeks ago! older workers love to look down on you for being new and will pick out things even if you do your job properly.

Pros

job role, chill job, meet a few nice people

Cons

not flexible as stated, rude colleagues, not great management, end up doing other jobs not part of your role

Worst place to work at

Do not work there. The management is poor and disorganised, they lack people skills and compassion, and they don't care about you or your needs in the least and show favouritism to those who have been there for a long time.Every Saturday, the managers also release the rota for the following week, making it difficult to make plans outside of work or even have a life. Sometimes you find out you're working the next day with less than 24 hours notice, but the line manager refuses to allow flexibility or change the rota if we can't work that day. They expect us to have no life outside of boots, and while they emphasise their flexibility, it is a lie; you are only flexible for their needs, but they are not flexible for yours. Not to mention, the people who have been there a long time are malicious and entitled, and they believe they can talk to you anyway because they know the managers will never get them in trouble. With all of the cliquiness, gossiping and drama, it truly feels like you're back in school. Also, as a beauty specialist, you are expected to do everything in the store. If another department is understaffed, they expect you to go there and help out, which makes meeting sales targets more difficult. The counter managers and employees almost never do anything but boss you around.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Long hours, poor management, malicious colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement