Bournemouth Independent Group

Bournemouth Independent Group Employee Reviews

Insights into Bournemouth Independent Group

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Laid back culture

Worked remotely and worked with the MD by providing opportunities in the B2B arena. Fair company to work for if your local to Bournemouth which nearly always has job opportunities in sales and claims.

Collaborative working environment

Only joined a few months ago and had amazing welcoming, super friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. Great place to share your views and be listened to. Great work-life balance too.

Pros

Work-life balance

Productive workplace.

After taking the jump and starting a new industry with BIG , the team have been so supportive and welcoming to myself and others that have joined with me. BIG offer plenty of incenctives for agents to make plenty of money on top of their competitive basic salary and do not place silly target figures on sales stats and are always looking to work with agents to improve there skills set. The most enjoyable part i find at BIG compared to other companies i have worked for in the past previously they are always looking to improve & if any feed back is given to management this is then acted upon, this helps keep the happy working enviroment.

Fun place to work and lots of bonus

If you want to earn lots of bonus and have fun when you are doing it work here. The daily incentives keep you motivated and I have made some really good friends here. The bonus is great, and really is uncapped! Management are really supportive and give you lots of training. Just need Friday Free Breakfast to come back :-)

Enjoy working and earn good money at the same time.

I have really enjoyed the past 3 years at BIG. The working environment is enjoyable and you have the opportunity to earn some very good bonuses. The managers and team leaders always give me support to achieve my targets and help develop my skills. I hope to be here for many years to come!

Pros

Incentives, Break times, Bonuses, Working Hours

Productive & fun work environment

BIG been a very good company to work for and have spend many happy years here. However the stand out for me is the work life balance and flexibility to fulfill my role around having an excellent family life.

Pros

Work life balance.

A great place to work

A great place to learn, work and advance your career. Management are patient and open to hearing your views as an employee. Good work-life balance. A great social atmosphere with friendly colleagues.

Fair place to work

I have been working for few months now and find it fair place to work they help if you need anything obviously as will other jobs doesn’t go perfect but they are always looking to improve and help where they can

Pros

Good working hours

No people skills at Management level

There's no attempt from management to understand or try to accommodate you as a person. No leadership, just micromanagement to keep you in line and working like a machine. The staff turnover is unbelievable.

Avoid like the plague

I do not know anyone that enjoyed working here and most left quite quickly after joining. They treat their staff shockingly and the whole company ethos is a joke. You are basically calling old people to sell insurance on appliances saying "we will repair or replace it without a replacement fee". Problem is, when the customer calls to get their appliance replaced, they are told they have to pay the majority of the cost and the reason given is "it's an upgrade fee". There only has to be 1 specification that is better on the replacement and it's considered an "upgrade". As everyone knows, appliances are upgrading every few months so you won't find the same appliance again. I saw some shocking things when i worked there such as: bets being taken on how quickly they can force a customer to hang up and withdraw their complaint (by bullying the customer), Staff being treated like trash (including myself), Blatant favouritism, No support or proper training when going from one role to another, Refusing to even look for a similar appliance forcing the customer to pay for an upgrade etc. Old ladies were paying £90p/a to insure their TV and when they called with an issue, they were told they had to pay £250 of a £300 TV because "Theirs was no longer available" even though they only searched on Argos & Hisense. The customer would then be told that the options we had "found" were upgrades because the TV may have had 1 more HDMI port. It is absolutely the worst company i have ever worked for and everyone else i know that has worked there has had the same experience and opinion. There are -

Easy product to sell, good training and management. Friendly atmosphere! I really enjoy working here and it is an all round a very good place to work.

Pros

Culture, commission and management. Town center location

Sales role

Worked in sales for 12 months before moving on to a civil service role. Colleagues are really nice and you get the help you need if you want it. Training is continuous as it's a regulated company. Decent office with free cooked brekkie on Fridays. A few dogs around to keep things frieldly too. If I was staying in sales I'd have stayed on.

Pros

Salary, breakfast, hours

Cons

No free parking within 2 mins

Sales

Decent commission structure with good hours. On target execs go home at 3 on Fridays which is a real bonus for the weekend. Trainer is really nice and he managers are fair. They also have a customer care team that has many different roles. The best thing is the holiday vouchers though as that's £500 every 4 months even if you don't hit target.

Pros

Early finishes, good commission, £1500 holiday vouchers

Cons

Nada

Friendly and fun place to work

Really good place to work in Bournemouth, fun office environment with a good commission structure. Management are supportive and full training provided. I would recommend working here

Pros

Hours, commission, town centre location

Good role for experience

Rewards are good as are bonuses and basic. Atmosphere and vibe decent with good facilities on site. I'd recommend having some time with the sales team during training to get the feel for the role.

Pros

Good leads, excellent work environment

Cons

Regulator of insurance appears hard

Sales Adviser

Really enjoy working at BIG, it was a baptism of fire when you first start but it's for the best I think. The training was really good but I though a bit more system training would have been good.

Pros

Good hours, no weekend work, good co-workers

Fulfilling

I've worked around Bournemouth for a few years and I found my time at big good. I enjoyed the training and I learned a great deal about insurance. I'd work there again

Great working environment with a fun professional feel

I’ve never had a work place where I can actually say I enjoy coming to work, the day is fun, yet professional and full of laughter. A fast paced, friendly environment where everyone cares about everyone, nothing is too much trouble and we have a real team spirit After working in many sales environments over the last 13 years this one has to be my favourite

Pros

Free tea and coffee, dress down Fridays, free fry up on a Friday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bournemouth Independent Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement