Bowers & Wilkins

Bowers & Wilkins Employee Reviews

Have worked here just over three months, so far so good and lot of long serving employees which speaks volumes. Uniform supplied on the first day, In Depth health and safety training,Good pay and pension scheme. Am told progression within the company is superb and can see a long future with B&W if this is true. Only downside is the section I'm in isn't fast paced which I'm used to but am told transfers to a different section is possible (This is just my opinion, lots of others are happy working in this section). Will leave another review after a few more months here.
Pros
Pension, Salary and job security.
Cons
Communication/Feedback
Nice and friendly colleagues to work with, good benefits offered. Diverse and interesting work environment. A good thing is that you finish early and have a lot of free time afterwards
Stressful and negative working environment with an added "if you dont like it you know where the door is" attitude from the managers. I heard many good things about this company but unfortunately, all of them were incorrect. Big turnover of staff due to unhappy workforce.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Early and late shift work. Low pay, Pressure to produce more every day with zero reward or incentive.
This is the first company ever where I go to work without any stress, where I go back home without any stress. I found my dream job. Even in times like COVID-19 they are taking care of their employees and we all can be thankful to have our jobs still. I can recommend this company and when I think about I lost my job before B&W due to redundancy. And when I got the job offer I didn't know which company it is, only sales advisor. And I told the agency I do not work for B2B/Telemarketing. Thanks god I replied to the call from the agency. And now I found my dream job.
Pros
once a month on a Friday free breakfast in the canteen, very good training, very good salary, professional and kind colleagues
Cons
N/a
I learnt a lot in the 3 months Ive been here. love the Fast paced and good management all ways there help you out if need be. Free breakfast once a month
Pros
Good hours and wages
Cons
Very good place to work. Amazing and professional people. Highly motivated management who inspire people to achieve their goals. Everyone at B&W is passionate about their job and the product.
Good job if you know what is what but unfortunately too many chiefs that do not understand the prime workers roles and therefore department improvements do not really happen, Also supervisors turn a blind eye to bullying.
If you are a friend of management or related to a team leader you are safe, if not, once the redundancies start you are out on your ear even tho you have been there longer than the brother of the team leader or the son of the production manager mate. Awful place for nepotism
Good company to work for, many great people. There is a pride and passion in everyone that works there for the product that they build. Good benefits and perks offered by the company. Atmosphere is good in the open plan offices at the UK production site. Alot of growth within new areas for the company, giving more opportunities.
Good hours, although unsociable. Pay was fantastic for the difficulty of my role. Often challenged to build and do more each day, could get quite stressful sometimes. Managers were a bit difficult to work alongside but friendly nonetheless. Time passed by quite quickly during the day due to there always being something needed to do. Working with the products and equipment could be quite tricky from time to time due to how often tools, etc were used - often resulted in waiting/down-time for replacement of equipment.
I've never worked in a place where people are treated like disposable tools. The over staffed management haven't got loads to do so they pick up on the smallest things that are just insufficient and give you warnings for them. For example waiting for less than a minute outside one of the sounds test rooms and got a written warning for it. After I explained it was less than two minutes and the fact I was waiting to go in the test room and test a speaker, they said nothing and gave me it anyway. Needless to say I would definitely not be recommending Bowers and Wilkins.
Pros
Paied on time
Cons
I was lucky enough to be approached for a role at B&W and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. From day one I felt supported and listened to and was allowed to work autonomously which for someone at my level was very important. There is a great introduction process where you work with every department to fully understand how all areas of the business work and also helps you to get to know the people and the products. I have also been fully supported with training and development and I have learnt so much whilst working there and feel my career will now go from strength strength. Working with other teams has been easy within a friendly working environment with a progressive culture. I am proud to have been a member of the BW team!
Pros
Training, development, travel, team work
LIFE AS FACTORY OPERATIVE No job security....Yearly redundancies that are always proceeded by new staff a month or so beforehand (suspect I feel) Bullying management and supervisors, many of which happily swear at/about staff. Terrible work atmosphere, nobody wants to be there, and large numbers request voluntary redundancy year after year. Moving staff from one area to another or on shift to another without warning, which can result in a huge drop in salary even the job title is the same. The only positive can be the pay... but good luck trying to keep hold of that. If you sick too much,you don't get paid sick, lose attendance bonus and it can effect your review score. Hit 3 times in the pay packet for being unwell.
Pros
one free meal a month worth ÂŁ2, salary not bad
Cons
Terrible work ethics.
A nice looking factory with good manufacturing facilities, great products, but communication leadership and planning is poor. Bullying and name calling behind people's backs is ignored by senior management.
Pros
Cheap food in vanteen, staff discount
Cons
Poor leadership
A very good company with good work partners and as a team we all got on and worked well together luch brakes was on time and we never feel behind in work only thing was not enought work to keep us going from that it was a very good company with good workers and the wage was also ok
Cons
Terrible place to work, management are bullies, team leaders are snide little backstabbers. The quality of work is bad, brushing in worn edges with a black marker pen, generally bodging the product. Loads of foreign workers that are right up the management, no progression opportunities. And the place is full of grasses, people waiting for you to slip up and make one mistake. The canteen is generally well presented, but the food is manky, I had a hair in one of my lunches. I felt very unmotivated and always tired and depressed working there. I would advise against it. And it's a sweat box with no windows.
Pros
Parking, attendance bonus.
Cons
Poor management, back stabbing co workers. Generally horrible work (if in polishing department)
Lots of employees who are genuinely passionate about the products we build - which really does show. Proud to tell people who I work for, even better when they've heard of us! Relaxed office atmosphere, with good work/life balance. Don't generally get expected to take work home, and thanked if you go above and beyond. Also very accommodating/flexible around personal issues ie. able to work from home if required or attend appointments etc. Global production and distribution provides interesting opportunities to communicate with diverse range of people from all over the world, and experience cultural differences. They have paid for job specific CIPS qualifications for many members of the supply chain team to help boost our expertise. Taken longer than expected to create synergies since acquisition which has been challenging at times with so many new employees, but getting much easier as they become embedded in their roles and learn how the company works. Direct managers have always been very supportive to me and encouraged collective decision making within our department from the top down. Would recommend B&W to anyone looking, I think the company definitely has an interesting few years ahead.
Pros
Great employee discounts, happy to pay for job appropriate qualifications, nice environment.
I have been working at Bowers and Wilkins for about four months now and I have to say this is the best place I have worked at. My colleagues are extremely friendly and supportive and have made me feel welcome in the team. I have been provided with a very high level of training and support from my Manager and colleagues and I am grateful for this. The culture of the company is something I think is really important. Bowers and Wilkins culture is an integral part of the company, people with different areas of knowledge and backgrounds are very inclusive and are happy to help. Everyone plays their part in living up to the high levels of customer service expected. My role is very busy and demanding but I love this and enjoy coming into work every day. Thank you Bowers and Wilkins!
Pros
Very generous salary, training, friendly environment
Cons
No cons
Every day at B&W is different - there's always new exciting things happening. the management team are incredibly supportive and as a company they support progression in the workplace. I have been lucky enough to travel to a few of our European offices and it was nice to see how B&W have branched out across the globe. There are several benefits to working here, including diverse work, opportunities to progress, subsidized food & most importantly free breakfast at the end of the month!
Began with Bowers as a temp, I am now the Office manager and Global travel coordinator. I have to say, Bowers is by far the best place I have worked, every day is a different challenge and I enjoy the fast paced nature of the business. The people I work with are so supportive and the environment is casual and friendly. At lunch times everyone sits around a lunch table chatting and playing board games. Salaries at Bowers are probably not the highest in the area, but the benefits are really good, especially considering the tough economic times all corporates face. There are other benefits such as lovely discounts on merchandise, free health checks, free eye tests and access to an employee assistance programme. Bowers looks after its staff and actively promotes staff wellbeing, by connecting regularly with employees and paying attention when staff are having a hard time either in respect of their job or their personal life. I had to choose 3 stars for life/work balance, but to be fair that is because I love the job and I do take my home work with me, not through any fault of the company - just me wanting to get ahead. I believe that Bowers always tries to recruit the best person for the job and then they work hard to ensure that member of staff reaches their potential and is supported in their career. Staff turnover at our offices is low, which I prefer, as I like to see familiar faces.The hardest part of my job would be the enormous amount of multi tasking I do, and liaising with people across different time zones always presents challenges. We are currently in a building - more...
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
offices that are now too small
I have worked at Bowers & Wilkins for 10 years and I still enjoy turning up to work each day. My role is really varied and the work changes day to day so it never gets dull. In a production environment work can be very fast paced at times and you need to be flexible, but I enjoy this challenge and I have learnt so much in my time here and still continue to. I'm very lucky in that my role allows me to travel occasionally and as a global company it's nice to work with teams around the world. One of the main reasons I have stayed at Bowers & Wilkins so long is the staff, we are really good at employing great people, not just knowledgeable in their field but also their personalities, even though the company is large there is a family feeling in the building and everyone looks out for each other.
Pros
Friendly working environment, diverse work, subsidised canteen and free breakfast once a month, free staff events.
  1. Employee reviews