Bradford Metropolitan District Council

Bradford Metropolitan District Council Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my 17years of working for Bradford council, you work in plesent surroundings flexible times ,management understanding and surpotiive I work with the elderly and loved my job, unfortunately the residential home I worked in wasn't fit for purpose and was no longer needed.
Pros
Nice work place surroundings
Cons
Was good for the first ten years, then management changed into over egoed unprofessional sub human beings. Treatment of people who had more service than management were treated second rate and was more like a concentration camp than a place of work
Pros
Good pension, sick pay when get 5 plus years service in
Cons
So called management, no respect for people with long service
Working for this company gives stability and equality. Staff are highly motivated to their absolute best. The company has diverse and talented staff And are committed to equality and fairness
Pros
Staff are hardworking good training opportunities
Cons
Too much paper work
enjoyed my work with the behaviour team .great team all working at a positive response to the young person's needs. Family very supportive. School,workplaces also very supportive.
The staff had been really welcoming and helpful towards me. It was challenging as it was metropolitan council, therefore had to deal with complex data.
i found the flexible hours great for life balance. The great team work created a positive working environment. Most enjoyable part my learners and immediate colleagues.
mon to fri working good pay poor management flexi opportunity to work from home no pay rises good work life balance friendly staff in some departments
Busy varied office all roles within admin was included. Stressful at times but worked with others as a team at times worked in my own covering all reception and office.
Wonderfully, supportive colleagues. Management hands often tied by too much red tape but in general they do what they can to make working life as good as possible
Absolutely loved working for this company! I would definitely recommend! Management were impeccable always listened to what you had to say and relaxed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bradford Metropolitan District Council?
Made some lovely friends and learnt so much. The induction was really good identifying areas to develop. A lot of support provided when needed and supervisions with management was helpful.
The hours are good as i have enough time to get home and complete my home obligations. A lot of manual effort/physical exertion, which can be tough. The management is very good and supportive and the pay is also decent.
Good team of people in a happy primary school. However: top management not understanding of issue of constant shortage of staff team members and implications of this - stress within team. could not provide me with a reference which caused delay in moving on to another employer - therefore not professional and not helpful
Pros
Good team of people
Cons
did not provide a reference when asked!
I work every day, I have experience in childcare is, each day is different and never the same. Hardest is never getting a break, most enjoyable seeing the child smile
Mutually unfortunate, my mental illness coincided with a high pressure period during my time there. Bosses were as understanding as they could be but they had no choice but to replace me.
A really good organisation to work for, always have your best interests in heart. Cutbacks have made jobs shrink however, looking for a job in 2019 might prove a difficult task.
A job made for 10 people and done by 2,over worked and under payed.enjoyed working with the clients thats just about it. started on the feet and ending up finishing on the legs, no breaks given on a 7 and half hour shift.Ended up leaving of the hard working system put in place for staff just kept piling work on and on.
Pros
no lunch provide own
Cons
long hours up to 14 hours some days which over lapped
employed as a lunch time supervisor/ catering assistant in the time employed i enjoyed my time with Bradford Council supported by excellent management Term time fit in well with my young children.
Pros
Free LUNCHES
Cons
Needed more hours
not a good place to work, working as a trainee carer its posh name enablement coordinator full time hours and on the new contract you can be working between the hours from 7 in the morning till 10 a clock at night and you could finish even later than 10 at night sometimes. managers don't care and when you have just finished work night shift they expected you to wake at 5;30 next morning to do it all over again. They make you do the nvq level 2 in care in your own time. you don't have the time cause your working full time and they keep moving you from area to area and never let you settle in. A very bichy environment every one just talks about evey one behind their back. Back breaking work and not organized women who have been their years bully new comers work is to far away from home and can be very difficult work to do very underpaid for the personal care you have to do
Pros
Cons
everything
Just watch out what you say because they don't like people who say it how it is and spy on you through social media and try and sack you if you say anything bad
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Higher management
I really love my job at hoylecourt primary school the people I work with are lovely and with in the school it self all though we do work independatly but are still a good work team I just wish it was more hours so that is why I am looking for another job to up my pay
Pros
Don't work long enough for free lunch but the pros are the nice people that I work with
Cons
Wish it was more hours