BrendonCare

BrendonCare Employee Reviews

Rewarding and lovely residents

Featured review

BrendonCare selected this as a representative review
I have worked Brendoncare Alton for 1.5 years and have enjoyed working here. It's been hard work but then I didn't expect going in to care role during a pandemic to be easy ! Yes, the hours are long but I have felt supported by management and have never had an issue with staff. The residents are just amazing!

Pros

Amazing residents and suppostive management

Cons

Stressful

Residents are amazing

I worked for Brendon care for over a year. At first it was great. But once the new manager and deputy manager took over. It all went to pot the deputy manager was rubbish lazy and didn’t put the residents needs first. And the manger was rubbish. There was care assistants that man handled the residents and nothing was done about it. Not a care home I would recommend.

Pros

The residents were lovely

Cons

Rubbish care home.

23 October 2021
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry to hear your feedback on your time with us. We are keen to learn and understand what may have happened and to get more feedback form you, if you are able to, please contact the HR team confidentially at hr@brendoncare.org.uk.

23 October 2021
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us. We are keen to learn and understand what may have happened and to get more feedback form you. If you are able to, please contact the HR team confidentially at hr@brendoncare.org.uk.

Horrific.

Disappointed with management at Brendoncare, they do not consider the well-being of staff or residents. They don’t like staff building relationships with each other even if it benefits the home or residents. I would not recommend working there.

Pros

Cons

Management.

23 October 2021
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us. We are keen to learn and understand what may have happened and to get more feedback form you, if you are able to, please contact the HR team confidentially at hr@brendoncare.org.uk.

Awful bullying culture

Only work here if you don’t mind working with bullies who are in clicky groups. Management not interested if you complain. Absolutely awful supervisors / management who need more training with dealing with staff problems. Preach respect & care for residents but don’t afford their own staff that curtesy. I think most staff work there just for the money.

Pros

Money

Cons

Bullying culture

8 October 2021
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Alton. We are keen to learn and understand what may have happened and to get more feedback form you, if you are able to please contact the HR team confidentially at hr@brendoncare.org.uk.

Excellent.

They are the best company to work for, I absolutely loved it. I was sad when I had to leave due to childcare, but if I get the chance to go back I would. The staff are lovely everyone gets on, great place.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

None.

Brendoncare

Worked at Chiltern View fantastic team but manager could not care less. The home is closing residents are being shipped out in a, dreadful way.Relatives don't know what is happening, staff uncared for. STAY AWAY FROM BRENDONCARE WHO DON'T CARE!!

Pros

Wonderful chiltern view team

Cons

Home manager uncaring

27 October 2021
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Chiltern View. We are keen to learn and understand what may have happened and to get more feedback form you, if you are able to please contact the HR team confidentially at hr@brendoncare.org.uk.

Should call them selves Brendon Careless.

Horrendous management, no equipment to complete jobs and a huge lack of staff meaning you have to bend over backwards to simply achieve your tasks!!!!

Pros

Meeting amazing residents

Cons

Long hours, no equipment, lack of staff, incompetent management, pretentious attitude from administrative staff.

23 October 2021
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry to hear that you are are not having a positive experience with us. We are keen to learn and understand more and to get more feedback form you. If you are able to, please contact the HR team confidentially at hr@brendoncare.org.uk.

I volunteered

Staff were welcoming and happy to show me the ropes. We ran activities for the residents to take place in and ensured everyone could take part if they wanted to.

Productive and rewarding

Good place to work especially in the kitchen. You gain more experience and make residents smile on a day basis. You get to know there needs and the shift routines while working there.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Lack of staff

Friendly Care Home

Meeting visitors and relatives to the home. It is a happy, well run establishment with good leadership. It is a friendly place to work and training is well organised

Busy

Most of the staff are very welcoming,, Brendoncare do look after there staff , and the residents care is fantastic nothing is too much trouble from the care , to the housekeeping , and the meals and fabulous cakes, everyone works as a team , yes it’s busy but overall a very well run home as a home should be !!

Rewarding

to be flexable, creative, caring, able to engage with residents, family and colleagues. typical day starts at 10am, setting up activities, speaking with the residents encourage them to join in, plan outings, entertainment, arts and crafts, listen to the residents requirements.

wasnt a nice place

the manager would always pick on me. a typical day at work would be cleaning the residnts room the communal areas i would also help out in the kitchen washing up. the management wasnt very nice. the most enjoyable part was talking to the residents and getting to know them.

23 October 2021

work funplace was fun until

very hard working day, they make sure every minute your in works time your not standing around even for to minutes, management haven't a cue on how to keep staff always relying on agency.

BrendonCare

+ break paid and lunch or sandwich included on shift and our home manager. - poor wage, stressful, hard work not really recognised, advancement not really possible whatever has been promised. Real care about person centred suffering as carer are over asked and over crowded with work and considered like lazy.

fun

nice place to work with enjoyable kind helpful wooooonderfulll place to woooork in and trips out lunches activities housekeeping events break time wind

Productive and a fun place to work

Busy with a daily organised schedule Respect, organisation, and customer service. Kind and Helpful Varied Can be stressful Making a resistant smile.

good

I enjoyed working at dogs trust but I had a bit of a hard time I learnt to use the till and pricing and I also done some cleaning and dusting and sorting

Pros

good work

Cons

long day

Not a friendly place to work

Managers don't care if you are short on the shift. Expectations are very high. People in head office are the worst. No support and they have a culture of blame. Stay away.

Pros

Paid break

Cons

Managers, colleagues

Don’t work there

It was the worst place I could imagine to work. No respect towards employees, impossible targets and stress all day long, everyday. I don’t recommend that to anyone.

Cons

Nice place and nice residents and great work collegues

After 25yrs of nursing the stress and responsibility is becoming too much and I need a totally new career and I wish to leave nursing but am st a loss of what to do. I used to work at Tesco 30 yrs ago I did 6pm-10pm when my children were small. I would like to start at the bottom and hope to work my way up if that is possible if not a job I enjoy would suit me and I found that Tesco were a good company to Work for.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours weekends and bank holidays and Christmas !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrendonCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement
  • BrendonCare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?