BRENT COUNCIL

BRENT COUNCIL Employee Reviews

With the recent change in management and new Payroll staff , the work environment improved to more friendly, team spirited, fun and relax place to work with staff respecting each other. The hardest part was too many deadlines and system not efficient and maintained to the changes made by the organisation
Management don’t know what they are doing. They treat staff poorly, if one manager does not like you, they will pollute everyone else to jump on their bandwagon. Awful experience, never again.
Pros
Working from home
I have worked for Brent Council in the past as a concierge and I enjoyed the working atmosphere very much. I will not hesitate yo work with them again in the future. I hope to be employed again by them if my application is successful.
I made many friends at Brent as it was a big place to work. There are many opportunities for people who wish to advance in their career. I was in the IT Department and got to interact with staff on a daily basis.
Working in the council is a great opportunity. Because of the multi-cultural environment you have the opportunity to widen your learning capacity as you understand the differences
Pros
Beautiful resturants, lovely food
Cons
Working for Brent council was fine, they have now changed the pension schemes that workers who have worked for 25-30 years are not happy with. Restructuring has been an issue for the last 7 years
fast paced day your expected to dive straight in which I didn't mind. spent most of my time grafting. Lots of really good people there who try there best for the community's they serve, the lower management are generally good but there is some bully's who throw there weight about.
After working there for over 15 years, I have gained experience to move on, I believe it is time to locate nearer home to be close to my mother, who now has Dementia.
Work hard, take up any training offered, do your job well and you will be fine. Team work is a must at times so be flexible in working with other departments and teams it will make your life easier.
Nice people slightly undervalued. Nice new office with a very swanky lift system that read your badge. I had to pay to park which wasn't ideal but believe there is staff parking.
A typical day - answering calls What I learned - the job is repetitive Management - ok Workplace culture - just get on with it The hardest part of the job - staying motivated The most enjoyable part - going home
Great people, great environment, great building, friendly vibe, always get invited to different places,even though 2,000 work here great family feeling.
Relaxed WFH policy of twice a week Relaxed management No micro-management
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
Too much workload
I really enjoyed my job as part of the team and on my own. It was very good that we could work at least one day from home. I had a good opportunity to develop my skills.
Brent council is a great place to work in, the company provides you with a security on the job, easy going work pressure, fantastic staff, if your keen to learn there more options to learn with the council and work in the same time.
Dealing with over 800 staff on a monthly basis, ensuring that all staff were paid correctly and on time. ensuring staff receive the relavant bonuses and incentives that were due to them in regards to the retention payments. Deputing for the payroll manager in her absence, running monthly reports, Bacs payments, cost reports. Learned another new payroll system called Oracle, doing testing to ensure that the new system paid employees correct. Workplace was good, as we just moved into the Brent Civic Centre. The most enjoyable part was when staff, praised me for being so good at my job.
Learnt many skills and different part of the business. Found the Council very slow in ensuring things were done quickly. Too many politics and procedures to get anything done.
If you are young and smart and looking to climb the career ladder quickly, this is not the place for you. No matter how hard you work, no matter how much extra work you do or ingenuity you show in solving problems, you will NOT be rewarded here. The council works on strict pay scales, and you will not get paid more than what scale you are on for your entire life! So if you start on 30k, expect to be on ÂŁ30k in 60 years time. I would describe it as a dead end job with no scope for progression. So if you are just happy to doddle along on an okay salary being bored by the monotony of day to day existence doing the same thing, day in and day out, apply here. If you would like to keep doing different things, like to be challenged, and are keen to move up the career ladder/get a higher salary quicker, this is not the place for you.
Pros
2 days working from home
Cons
Dead end job, low salary, some boring people
The management in Brent Council is appalling I have never witnessed such poor management. They sabotage their staff to move forward within the council. The training is ridiculously poor and they do not know how to take care of their staff. Brent Council take pride in condoning such behaviour and it is very disappointing to know they support such behaviour. The staff turn over in housing benefit is exceedingly high due the poor management and the lack of training and the pay rate is stupidly low for an adult. They offer you a pay rate and go back on their weird because Brent on a whole is struggling financially and they will make cuts at any means necessary even if it means you work for pittance. It doesn't matter how well you perform in your job do not expect any recognition for it. In fact they will turn around and tell you that you can do better and you are not doing enough!
Pros
Not bad place to work good staff members and people that want to help the community and people that need the support just money can be an issue when working with the hard top reach communities
amazing place to work culture and people is amazing lots of training very useful and many opportunities , main skill customer service and basic housing law thank you for this opportunity
  1. Employee reviews