BRENT COUNCIL

BRENT COUNCIL Employee Reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews

councilstaffskilltrainingteamnicelearnenjoy

As expected

Nice job lots to iearn but was good. Lots of different businesses to interact with in the area. Good colleagues and good benefits such as parking and pension. Moved house so moved jobs.

Pros

Benefits like pension

Cons

Low salary

Great environment zero progression

Having worked with brent for nearly 3 years, I understand that the culture is laid back, my manager was supportive to an extent however there was limited opportunity to develop and all senior roles were given to people who do not look like me.

Pros

Easy goinh

Cons

Salary, progression, management

Insights into BRENT COUNCIL

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Diverse and welcoming work environment

Thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to work at Brent council to introduce changes and facilitate the reincorporated department into finance having been managed by customer services

Nice people but a lack of leadership and pace

The function I worked in lacked any leadership or purpose.There is a complete lack of urgency or expectations set of you.Examples where staff were treated appallingly by their managers.

Pros

Very little pressure

Cons

No demands made or standards set by managers

Good staff teams & Management support

Really good actually. I worked for them with no fuss or issue. Colleagues were really nice to work with so I would recommend this council to anyone as an option if they live locally even better

Pros

Affable staff to work with. No nonsense work

Cons

None really. I didnt live that locally but that wasnt really any issue at all

Good team

I worked with a great team, who were knowledgeable in what they were doing and dedicated to providing a good service. Due to restructure things were hard at first. There was noticeable bullying at senior level, which was my first experience and left shortly after.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Poor management

Busy, collaborative and exciting days

Never a dull day at Brent Council, plenty of work to get on with and lots of genuine people across the council to work and get to know. Best place I've worked so far.

Awful company

Management don’t know what they are doing. They treat staff poorly, if one manager does not like you, they will pollute everyone else to jump on their bandwagon. Awful experience, never again.

Pros

Working from home

Fast pace with too many pay deadlines

With the recent change in management and new Payroll staff , the work environment improved to more friendly, team spirited, fun and relax place to work with staff respecting each other. The hardest part was too many deadlines and system not efficient and maintained to the changes made by the organisation

Busy but easy working atmosphere

I have worked for Brent Council in the past as a concierge and I enjoyed the working atmosphere very much. I will not hesitate yo work with them again in the future. I hope to be employed again by them if my application is successful.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BRENT COUNCIL?

Fun Workplace

I made many friends at Brent as it was a big place to work. There are many opportunities for people who wish to advance in their career. I was in the IT Department and got to interact with staff on a daily basis.

Working in the council is fantastic, there a re opportunities, activities and awards

Working in the council is a great opportunity. Because of the multi-cultural environment you have the opportunity to widen your learning capacity as you understand the differences

Pros

Beautiful resturants, lovely food

No comment

Working for Brent council was fine, they have now changed the pension schemes that workers who have worked for 25-30 years are not happy with. Restructuring has been an issue for the last 7 years

lots of good staff in other teams

fast paced day your expected to dive straight in which I didn't mind. spent most of my time grafting. Lots of really good people there who try there best for the community's they serve, the lower management are generally good but there is some bully's who throw there weight about.

Ok

After working there for over 15 years, I have gained experience to move on, I believe it is time to locate nearer home to be close to my mother, who now has Dementia.

Work hard, dont get involved in office politics

Work hard, take up any training offered, do your job well and you will be fine. Team work is a must at times so be flexible in working with other departments and teams it will make your life easier.

Wasnt there long!

Nice people slightly undervalued. Nice new office with a very swanky lift system that read your badge. I had to pay to park which wasn't ideal but believe there is staff parking.

Management politics

A typical day - answering calls What I learned - the job is repetitive Management - ok Workplace culture - just get on with it The hardest part of the job - staying motivated The most enjoyable part - going home

Productive and great place to work

Great people, great environment, great building, friendly vibe, always get invited to different places,even though 2,000 work here great family feeling.

Lenient workplace

Relaxed WFH policy of twice a week Relaxed management No micro-management

Pros

Working From Home

Cons

Too much workload

a nice, warm and friendly place to work.

I really enjoyed my job as part of the team and on my own. It was very good that we could work at least one day from home. I had a good opportunity to develop my skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRENT COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare BRENT COUNCIL with

Learn about BRENT COUNCIL in popular locations

• BRENT COUNCIL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?